FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Major change to Expedia BRG
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:04 am
redreeper

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by fonnae
That sounds like the long-standing issue that you cannot redeem more than a few BRG coupons with the same credit card before it starts throwing an error. This errors exist even for the Expedia agents; there is no way to get around it.

This issue is being confused a lot with the newer coupon issue because the error says that there was a problem with the coupon but in actuality it is the credit card/coupon combination. If you use another credit card, the coupon should work fine.

Last thing before I go, here's a really good trick: If you have a Bank of America Visa card you can use the ShopSafe feature to generate a new credit card number on the fly. If you do this you will NEVER, I repeat NEVER experience the error you described. Just generate a brand new credit card number every time and voliah! Hope that helps some people here. I know the same issue has driven me a crazy on a couple of occasions.
Nice. I had been using the paypal card generator until they did away with it for just these occassions. Thank you for this input, guess I"ll try out a BRG today...