Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Niseko Village {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
​​​​​​​Breakfast is included for 2 people with Hilton Gold. Maybe they meant breakfast is not free for the kids?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
I think the onsen from 4-6pm is the worst time, even 1-3pm after cleaning can be busy too. 8pm-10pm is a bit more quiet. My favorite times to hit the onsen was from 530-6am, about 50% of the time no one was there.

I get what you're saying about ski valet, but Japan uses a ticket system often and it keeps things in check and is part of the rules/process society. Take for example the Airport limo buses in Tokyom any bag you check underneath the cabin has a tag they check when you get the bag back. Honestly I like the system.
Another reason for tags is because you may have 4 people in a room, with 4 sets of boots and many boards. I've had 3 in a room, 7 boards and 4 sets of boots. It's great to be able to choose the right board at will, downstairs, without needed to muck around.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 4:56 pm

Update: Free Breakfast for Gold members?

Finished my 4 night stay at the Hilton Niseko village at the end of March for a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids ages 7, 6, and 3.) Gold membership got us free breakfast buffet for all of us. I believe my 3 year old was free anyway since kids under 6 years old stay in the room free as well. I must say that the breakfast buffet was pretty good in my opinion. Ive read mixed reviews about it in this thread, but we ate our fill 4 days in a row with a good assortment of western and Japaneses dishes.

As for the room, we booked the deluxe family room with HH points as 2 adults and 2 kids. I emailed the hotel aheqd of time to ask if this was ok since they have a rule about kids 6 years old and older being considered adults for booking purposes. The hilton Niseko staff replied and assured me that they would make an exception for me due to my gold status and would provide 4 beds in the room at no additional cost. This was confirmed during my stay.

Overall, I thought the Hilton Niseko was a pretty good family experience. You can buy plastic sleds from the ski shop and kids can sled down the beginner area without having to ride a lift. The access to the niseko village gondola was just a 2 steps outside of the hotel. The onsen was very refreshing, especially going from indoor to outdoor and feeling the cold air hit you. Theres also a convienence store in the lobby for snacks and instant noodles at an affordable price. Aside from this, theres much more meal options in Hirafu. Just take the free hilton shuttle.

P.S.- There was no 21% service charge because we booked completely with HH points.

Last edited by edloks1; Apr 14, 2018 at 5:02 pm
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:29 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Any more recent Diamond experiences? I'm considering going for some ski time at the end of February 2019. Doesn't seem that there is an executive lounge unfortunately...
Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
Any more recent Diamond experiences? I'm considering going for some ski time at the end of February 2019. Doesn't seem that there is an executive lounge unfortunately...
You can obviously read my post up thread, but don’t expect anything special as a Diamond member. Just enjoy the amazing amazing snow and beauty of Niseko:

- You may get a room upgrade, don’t expect anything than a room from going from small to maybe normal sized
- As you said no lounge, expect breakfast vouchers daily
- You should get 2 drink vouchers when you check in

Otherwise my general tips

1. Get to breakfast right at opening for immediate and best (by window) seating. Should be 630am.

2. Line up at the gondola 20-30 before opening (830am) and get up high (if upper lifts are open)

3. Make restaurant reservations and utilize the Hilton bus/shuttle to town

4. Onsen best times IMO are pre breakfast (5/530am), middle of day (1pm after cleaning), and during rush dinner time. Late hours after 11/1130pm are good too. Worst times are 30min after lifts close and around 9pm.

5. Did I mention enjoy the snow?

6. Oh yeah, don’t underestimate the temps. In Feb the high for 5 days was like 10F I’m the mountain.
NOLAnwGOLD likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:43 am

Awesome, thanks! I'm from St Paul originally, so that's warm for me! Granted living in LA/NOLA since 2005, and skiing Mammoth where it's usually sunny and 30, I'm not as hardy (though last winter, I was stuck at the front of the plane with the door open, jetway stuck for about 20 minutes because it was -15 in a T-shirt.....)
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:33 am

Just stayed here a couple days ago
​​​​​Booked for 60k/night for 2 nights, so no resort fees. With Diamond status, I ended up with an upgrade to a Twin Deluxe Family with a Mt Yotei-facing room from a standard twin. Received two drink tickets at check in (1 to use while waiting for room, and another after checking in).
Checked in around 1pm, checked out around 3pm on the last day and used the onsen afterwards before getting on the bus. Breakfast was decent but nothing amazing (free though). Enjoyed the room but agreed with the other reports of it feeling a bit dated.
Loved the onsen (especially outside at night while watching the snow fall), used it twice a day and didn't use the shower in my room a single time. All of mnredfox's recommendations are on point! No executive lounge.

For this trip, it was my SO's first time snowboarding. We rented the gear the day before (around 430pm) and were able to snowboard for the rest of the day in the beginner area (didn't get a lift pass), thus gaining some free time compared to literally only having the equipment for the day of. Download the Niseko Village White Guide online for all the info on ski/snowboarding, lift passes, food, other activities, etc

Ate at the Sisam (made reservations in advance) and Mt Yotei (called in a couple hours before) restaurants to use my Hilton Aspire resort credit and while the meals were covered, I'd say they were a bit overpriced for the quality (but still, the convenience of not having to go out was good)

Best of all was having the gondola, equipment rental, etc right outside.

Used the Hilton Shuttle once to go to Hirafu to go to the conbini and back in the evening which was easy

Booked my transport to Niseko via the Chuo Bus service. 4500 yen for Chitose Station to Niseko to Sapporo per person. I recall this was the cheapest option since most of the other buses I saw were 4000 yen or so one way​​
NOLAnwGOLD and dagangwood like this.

Last edited by goodtasting; Jan 10, 2019 at 10:34 am Reason: Formattimg
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goodtasting
Just stayed here a couple days ago
​​​​​Booked for 60k/night for 2 nights, so no resort fees. With Diamond status, I ended up with an upgrade to a Twin Deluxe Family with a Mt Yotei-facing room from a standard twin. Received two drink tickets at check in (1 to use while waiting for room, and another after checking in).
Checked in around 1pm, checked out around 3pm on the last day and used the onsen afterwards before getting on the bus. Breakfast was decent but nothing amazing (free though). Enjoyed the room but agreed with the other reports of it feeling a bit dated.
Loved the onsen (especially outside at night while watching the snow fall), used it twice a day and didn't use the shower in my room a single time. All of mnredfox's recommendations are on point! No executive lounge.

For this trip, it was my SO's first time snowboarding. We rented the gear the day before (around 430pm) and were able to snowboard for the rest of the day in the beginner area (didn't get a lift pass), thus gaining some free time compared to literally only having the equipment for the day of. Download the Niseko Village White Guide online for all the info on ski/snowboarding, lift passes, food, other activities, etc

Ate at the Sisam (made reservations in advance) and Mt Yotei (called in a couple hours before) restaurants to use my Hilton Aspire resort credit and while the meals were covered, I'd say they were a bit overpriced for the quality (but still, the convenience of not having to go out was good)

Best of all was having the gondola, equipment rental, etc right outside.

Used the Hilton Shuttle once to go to Hirafu to go to the conbini and back in the evening which was easy

Booked my transport to Niseko via the Chuo Bus service. 4500 yen for Chitose Station to Niseko to Sapporo per person. I recall this was the cheapest option since most of the other buses I saw were 4000 yen or so one way​​
Glad you had a good trip. Sounds like you did everything right. 60K/N in the winter is actually a good deal in today's day and age (I've seen 95K/N now as standard for Hilton Resorts). I've always used Chuo service - works great. Used to have to call and speak in Japanese, now the internet reservation system is much better.

My ONLY recommendation would be to not snowboard or ski for the first time at Niskeo. =) The snow is too great to spend time learning on a groomer!

Thanks for sharing.
goodtasting likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
Heading to Niseko Hilton on Sunday for a week. I'm a terrible skier so the snow quality may be wasted on me! If anyone has recommended instructors I'd be happy to hear them.

Going with 4pax, so we are renting a car from CTS. I imagine we will still try to use the shuttle to get into town for dinner - but does anyone have experience driving around there? Parking available around town?

Also this may be a daft question, but I've never stayed at a ski in, ski out resort. Do you still hire a locker near the lift to keep your shoes etc in? Or are you expected to keep that in your room, or is that what the 'ski valet' is for? Pardon the silly questions, but living in the tropics, this is all a bit new ...
Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by k_sheep
Heading to Niseko Hilton on Sunday for a week. I'm a terrible skier so the snow quality may be wasted on me! If anyone has recommended instructors I'd be happy to hear them.

Going with 4pax, so we are renting a car from CTS. I imagine we will still try to use the shuttle to get into town for dinner - but does anyone have experience driving around there? Parking available around town?

Also this may be a daft question, but I've never stayed at a ski in, ski out resort. Do you still hire a locker near the lift to keep your shoes etc in? Or are you expected to keep that in your room, or is that what the 'ski valet' is for? Pardon the silly questions, but living in the tropics, this is all a bit new ...
I left Niseko early last week because the snow quality was so bad. Very spring-like conditions. Quite frankly it was carnage for those on the beginner slopes at the bottom. Don't get your hopes up...

If you have a car, you probably won't want to go to Hirafu for dinner, but instead go to Kutchan town - no problem with parking in town.

With ski valets you will leave your skis and poles downstairs. Otherwise you will put your boots and skiwear on/off in your room. Always handy to have a chair near the door so you don't traipse any snow around your room. Of course you can also rent a locker for your shoes if you prefer to boot up downstairs.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
I left Niseko early last week because the snow quality was so bad. Very spring-like conditions. Quite frankly it was carnage for those on the beginner slopes at the bottom. Don't get your hopes up....
Urk! I kinda coerced my friends in this trip thinking it would still be fine in March. Well even bad quality snow in Japan is probably better than good quality snow in Australia ... I hope ....

Thanks kindly for your reply. I'll look into some non-ski activities in the area just in case!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by k_sheep
Urk! I kinda coerced my friends in this trip thinking it would still be fine in March. Well even bad quality snow in Japan is probably better than good quality snow in Australia ... I hope ....

Thanks kindly for your reply. I'll look into some non-ski activities in the area just in case!
The lower part of the mountain can get very icy. I actually thought that the snow condition in bounds was pretty bad, compared to the US. It was there at the end of Jan and early Feb.

I think skiing is Japan is really more about the overall experience. I really like the food (even though it's mostly just decent around Niseko) and the onsen at the Hilton is pretty spectacular.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:15 pm

Just got back from 5 days at the Hilton Niseko. Was a nice time, had 5 free days of skiing due to my Ikon Pass (also the 25% off friends lift tickets was honored). Just need to show the pass and they asked for ID. There's lift ticket booth right at the Hilton. We booked two "family" rooms for 5 guys, got upgraded to a Mt Yotei view (it's awesome when not clouded in). As a Diamond, I had free buffet breakfast (which they have on the second and third floor, not sure if it's any different) but the 2F was a lovely spread with lots of options and a cute kids table with cute plastic Japanese plates and silverware for them (and some tasty food options). They also gave me drink coupons (beer wine and non-alcoholic) for the lobby bar (closes 930 PM). The onsen is awesome. Outdoor was great, with an infinity line with the outdoor pond which has large carp that come by to say hi and try to eat the many ladybugs on the rocks there. Mornings is empty, post-ski gets a bit busy but still ok. Of course, your naked and no food/beverage allowed, plus you shower off beforehand (I just did it in the room first). The rooms are tight with 3 people but works, they can do 3 singles or a combo king plus single. The bathrooms could be updated, but since we did the onsen, really not that needed. The sink was outside the bathroom/toilet, so great idea so. people can use that while someone else is in the bathroom. The ski valet is great, 15 seconds from skis off to handing them over (with a "thank you and hope you had a great day") and then a few more feeo exchange your boots for your shoes/flip flops. I loved that. The tiny village has a some ski shops and 3 restaurants. I went to 2 sticks which was ok, not poorly priced but food ok. Best to take the free shuttle bus to Hirafu and the concierge had some great suggestions (we went to Shan Choe 2 twice, reservations available). Also GYU bar was awesome cocktails with lovely Japanese flavors in classic cocktails in a cool space and environment. The resort is nice, hike to the top, go out of bounds and Boyoso hut has awesome Japanese food which is quite cheap and really tasty. I loved the crab and salmon roe rice bowl, the curry was nice, the mochi red bean soup dessert is great, cheap beer and just double check your order since the old man doesn't speak Japanese and we had issues 2 of 3 days that were corrected. Helpful to have one person order while people wait for an empty table. The Hannazono/Hirafu side gets less sun so better snow if it's warmer than Anapuri/Niseko.

Ezo pub is ok for drinks, only place open later, but the foods pretty terrible. We heard from some people on the lift about the sushi all you can eat (60 minutes ordered from the sushi chef) for 3500 yen, did that our last lunch. Basic but tasty, had about 15 pieces before people got full. You have to finish the pieces including rice. Small space so best to book a table (we walked in at 115 and waited about 15 minutes for a table). There were lots of set dinners at each of the restaurants for 8000 yen but wasn't that interested in checking them out.

Other suggestions, have the baggage delivery service send your gear up from the airport, especially if you are doing anything else in Japan. It was $27 to send up a snowboard to the Hilton. Took the Goodliner for 4000 yen each way which was comfy and easy. Stayed a night at JR Tower in Sapporo before the flight out of the country.

Finally, this is one of the resorts that you get the $250 resort credit on your AMEX Aspire card. I got it in 2018 when I prepaid for my rooms and again on check out for the 2019 one for all the incidentals, which was awesome.
Billy Bandit likes this.

Last edited by NOLAnwGOLD; Mar 3, 2019 at 10:34 pm
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:42 am

How is this resort during autumn?
Are there any nice tree foliage around with hiking or sightseeing?
thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2019, 2:48 am

Just completed a 5 night stay here.

Booked 2 rooms (hubby and I both diamond), both given top floor rooms with incredible Yotei view. Welcome amenity of banana bread. Special diamond greetings at breakfast from the manager.

The snow for us was fantastic - but I understand it was much more powdery a few weeks ago. Nevertheless, it was wayyyy better than any snow in Australia, and comparable to the best snow in NZ. We had the best of both worlds - bluebird clear days and days where it snowed most of the day.
Billy Bandit likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.