Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Niseko Village {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2023, 5:16 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Hey there, we will be in Aomori in early August and might jump up to Hokkaido for a few days. As this is a ski resort, most recent replies to this thread are (unsurprisingly) about the snow. Anything else to do in summer around here? I would assume hiking and nature is good. There are some rates around US$200 including breakfast and dinner at the hotel. Will be in Japan for 2+ weeks so staying in the hotel for dinner doesn't sound bad at all. How was food quality recently?
Thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2023, 5:33 pm

Food is acceptable. No idea what runs in summer. Kids?
there’s a whole summer page on the NV site I believe but it’s outdoors, water, golf etc.
Definitely a cheap time to go, I’ve never been myself, then.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 5:34 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Finished a 2 night stay as Diamond, upraded to Mountain view, Mt Yotei view was outstanding. Love how there's some snow to play with just outside the hotel in the forest-like area.
The room itself needs updating, from the forever stuck heat to the bathroom, I mean it worked; Looked out of place.

The breakfast buffet was amazing; lots of variety. But I hear there used to be a sushi buffet? Loved the Hokkaido milk on tap. Didn't realize the drink voucher was four in total.
The buses are not reliable. Got stranded because the last bus didn't stop/didn't show up. Thankfully the other paid shuttle showed up thereafter (after much panicking at night in the winter).

Restaurants in the hotel are quite meh. Had the teppanyaki and the shabu shabu hot pot. Had a snafu at the hot pot, but the manager at shabu shabu hot pot is friendly and very nice. The ski center is literally right at the doorstep. Although it doesn't look as nice Hanazono, the people were helpful.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 8:16 pm

Better slopes and variety than hanazono, and decent onsen too.

unit bathrooms are commonplace in Japan esp in ski areas.

rooms are very very tired and old though, I agree.

the sushi buffet was lunch at Rin, or whatever the sushi part of Rin was called.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 4:23 pm
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know when the bookings for late Dec will be made available? I've read online that Niseko hotels start selling around April.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 1:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
How is this resort during the last week of March?
Old Feb 28, 2024, 2:16 am

In what way?
Old Feb 28, 2024, 5:05 am

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by comeflywme
How is this resort during the last week of March?
It's fine. I've been there the first week of April. Obviously much lower occupancy. I think some restaurants might have had reduced hours.

But the skiing was good.

However, this was 10 years ago. I somehow have a bad feeling about this season, that it won't last into April. Again, this is just a feeling.
comeflywme likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.