Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Niseko Village {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2014, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
What? There is normally a ton of snow on the ground in Sapporo.
Suggest you read previous posts. Its now early December and no ton of snow in Sapporo.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I will be there in the next few days... Currently in Sapporo. I heard that it has been snowing lots since monday...hopefully there will be enough snow come the weekend.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:56 am

Am doing preliminary planning for a late February visit.

Given the distance from the airport, I was thinking about going to Sapporo the night before in order to catch an early morning flight.

Any experiences with getting a late check-out to maximize skiing time? I'm Hilton Gold.

Also, in terms of lessons, any recommendations for a kid/beginner? Is the Kids Club at the Hilton the best option?

Thanks.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 5:38 pm

Late checkout shouldn't be a problem. As a gold I was offered a 4PM checkout despite leaving at 6AM for the airport.

Make sure you book reservations ahead of time. I think Hanazono (far from the Hilton and if you don't have a car not the easiest place to get to) has the best area for kids to learn/best instructors, but also NBS in Hirafu works too, but they are booked solid weeks in advance. Both allow online bookings. No experience with the Hilton lessons, but there is not much of an area to practice there. Greeleaf (just down the hill) and Annapuri, not far by driving both have decent places, but again Hanazono is the best in my limited experience.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:29 pm

I've found the Hilton fine for lessons. There is a new kids/beginner area, and plenty of decent terrain. It is also convenient as it is right out the door, and there Are plenty of English speaking instructors.

Late checkout will depend on availability of rooms, I only got 1pm last week, which is the first time I've ever asked for it there as I mormaly take a midday bus.

HH gold and diamond seem essentially useless in this hotel, apart from the breakfast offerings. I think everyone now gets Internet and there is no lounge. Upgrades to anything but a "deluxe" room are rare.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:32 am

Thanks The_Wrath_of_Khan and Cynicor!

I'm about to confirm lessons at the Hilton's snow school. Perhaps the other schools are better but the convenience of not having to take a shuttle bus before and after lessons outweighs the quality of the lessons (this time, at least).

Cynicor, did you night ski at Niseko Village? Do you recall if the beginners area was open at night?

Thanks again.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Cynicor
I've found the Hilton fine for lessons. There is a new kids/beginner area, and plenty of decent terrain. It is also convenient as it is right out the door, and there Are plenty of English speaking instructors.

Late checkout will depend on availability of rooms, I only got 1pm last week, which is the first time I've ever asked for it there as I mormaly take a midday bus.

HH gold and diamond seem essentially useless in this hotel, apart from the breakfast offerings. I think everyone now gets Internet and there is no lounge. Upgrades to anything but a "deluxe" room are rare.
Good comments. Diamond only means breakfast. For two stays now I never got an upgrade.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:15 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Stayed there last december during the first week. Overnight snow resulted in half a metre of snow the next day morning.

Didn't receive any upgrades at check in. Staff informed me that the hotel was running full house and apologised profusely. Instead offered me a bottle of red wine and a fruit cake.

Thermostat in my room was kinda malfunctioning though. it got really warm in the middle of night even though i've set it at 20deg C.

Was offered a late check out of 4pm (even though they mentioned they're running full house?)

Oh and on the day of checking out, ran into some mainlanders.

We were queuing for the Niseko village shuttle bus to the train station and were behind this group of 10 mainlanders. By the time it was their turn to board, their were only 2 or 3 seats left. They then made a huge hoo haa about how they were also in the queue so why arent they allowed to board as a group. Bellboy explained the bus was no standing and they got more agitated and stood in front of the shuttle bus and refused to let the bus go or others to board the remaining seats.

Bellboy was at a loss and called for the Duty Manager to assist. DM explained that he'll arrange for 2 of Hilton's mini-bus (9-seater) to facilitate transportation but ask for their cooperation to allow the first minibus to take 5 passengers to a nearby village before bringing 4 of them to the train station. While the second minibus will that the remainder of their group and other hotel guests direct to the train station.

And again they made a big fuss over how they wanna go as a group. The DM was getting visibly angry and told them the minibus allows for only 9 passengers, he will not go against the law and endanger anybody's life to exceed that limit.

The mainlanders finally agreed to split into 2 groups and here comes the kicker. They started deciding who should go first. And when they were done with that, they starting arguing whose luggage should be brought to the train station first.

In the meantime, the DM apologised to the rest of us for the delay and asked us to board the 2 minibus first and if the mainlanders couldn't make up their mind, he'll send us off first.

Eventually they got themselves figured out. All these time they also kinda stood at the driveway and blocked the 2 minibuses from moving off.

To give u guys an idea how long the entire fiasco last:
The original Niseko shuttle bus had already finished it's trip to the nearby villages and the train station and back at Hilton Niseko, picked up another batch of passengers and left again half a minute before our 2 minibus moved off.

There's a Chinese saying, "They like to block the Earth from spinning."
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by RCTP
Stayed there last december during the first week. Overnight snow resulted in half a metre of snow the next day morning.

Didn't receive any upgrades at check in. Staff informed me that the hotel was running full house and apologised profusely. Instead offered me a bottle of red wine and a fruit cake.

Thermostat in my room was kinda malfunctioning though. it got really warm in the middle of night even though i've set it at 20deg C.

Was offered a late check out of 4pm (even though they mentioned they're running full house?)

Oh and on the day of checking out, ran into some mainlanders.

We were queuing for the Niseko village shuttle bus to the train station and were behind this group of 10 mainlanders. By the time it was their turn to board, their were only 2 or 3 seats left. They then made a huge hoo haa about how they were also in the queue so why arent they allowed to board as a group. Bellboy explained the bus was no standing and they got more agitated and stood in front of the shuttle bus and refused to let the bus go or others to board the remaining seats.

Bellboy was at a loss and called for the Duty Manager to assist. DM explained that he'll arrange for 2 of Hilton's mini-bus (9-seater) to facilitate transportation but ask for their cooperation to allow the first minibus to take 5 passengers to a nearby village before bringing 4 of them to the train station. While the second minibus will that the remainder of their group and other hotel guests direct to the train station.

And again they made a big fuss over how they wanna go as a group. The DM was getting visibly angry and told them the minibus allows for only 9 passengers, he will not go against the law and endanger anybody's life to exceed that limit.

The mainlanders finally agreed to split into 2 groups and here comes the kicker. They started deciding who should go first. And when they were done with that, they starting arguing whose luggage should be brought to the train station first.

In the meantime, the DM apologised to the rest of us for the delay and asked us to board the 2 minibus first and if the mainlanders couldn't make up their mind, he'll send us off first.

Eventually they got themselves figured out. All these time they also kinda stood at the driveway and blocked the 2 minibuses from moving off.

To give u guys an idea how long the entire fiasco last:
The original Niseko shuttle bus had already finished it's trip to the nearby villages and the train station and back at Hilton Niseko, picked up another batch of passengers and left again half a minute before our 2 minibus moved off.

There's a Chinese saying, "They like to block the Earth from spinning."
Back again, not much different this time. Food options much worse with the included dinner package, buffets getting very poor I selection and quality. Unlikely to pay for here again, but will burn som expounds to ski for a month next few maybe.

Would never let the mainlanders thing happen to my bus, at 6 ft, and a rock climber, one of them would be on the floor very quickly.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Always hot at this hotel, I always open the windows and use the bath towels to mop up all the condensation.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Staying here in a couple weeks as a Hilton Silver on C+P (Twin Regular room). I've been offered an upgrade to the Twin Hilton Mount Yotei view for 1000Y/night or Twin Deluxe for 2000Y/night. For those that have stayed here - is this worth it (keeping in mind I'm paying ~4700Y/night on C+P)
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by flyerdude88
Staying here in a couple weeks as a Hilton Silver on C+P (Twin Regular room). I've been offered an upgrade to the Twin Hilton Mount Yotei view for 1000Y/night or Twin Deluxe for 2000Y/night. For those that have stayed here - is this worth it (keeping in mind I'm paying ~4700Y/night on C+P)
Twin Deluxe is slightly bigger, Yotei view is worth it IMO. For less than $10 per night, go for it.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Twin Deluxe is slightly bigger, Yotei view is worth it IMO. For less than $10 per night, go for it.
Awesome! Yotei View for less than $10/night it is

Also for those of you who took the Chuo Bus (and took advantage of the 5800Y deal) to the Hilton from CTS - did you contact the hotel concierge to set it up? I emailed them a couple days ago and haven't heard back and my arrival is relatively soon (within the next 2 weeks).

Last edited by Duke787; Feb 19, 2015 at 11:19 am
Old Feb 21, 2015, 6:59 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Anyone have experience sending luggage ahead to this property? I have a trip coming up and will spend 5 days in Tokyo and Kyoto before traveling up to Niseko. I'd like to send one of our bags to Niseko once we arrive in Tokyo (preferably from the airport, but we land late and might do it from the hotel in Tokyo instead). However, the bags will likely get there 3-5 days before we do.

I e-mailed the hotel a couple days ago but haven't gotten a response yet. Just wondering if it's possible before I try more ways to get a hold of someone to confirm.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For people who had been to both Niseko and Sapporo, is it worthwhile to spend two nights in Sapporo or am I better off spending whole week in Niseko?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.