Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Niseko Village {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2014, 2:02 pm

I'm here now, been here the last week and have another four days left. The snow never stops, it is not like other places in the world.

The HH recognition has definitely picked up. I have never had the front desk manager greet me here until this stay (season 5 here!)

I don't know if transfers are included but this has never been mentioned to me before. I would have said this is doubtful, but at the airport I saw someone with a hilton sign waiting for a passenger. I would be extremely annoyed if I have paid for 3 transfers and they were complimentary.

Prior to arrival we received and email requesting restaurant reservations but that was all. The most popular restaurants may be booked out if you come at a busy time of year, so book 1-3 days ahead if you can.

Overall the hotel has improved from last stay. They have moved the fitness centre to level 3 (likely just for the snow season) rather than removing it totally. They have added another dinner option at Yotei, in the form of a Nabe (hotpot) buffet. The downsides to me are the lack of hashbrown at breakfast or other greasy potato option. They have steamed jacket potatoes only now. Also the main Yotei buffet has gone from Japanese to a pan-Asian buffet. Very minor things only!

I think the slopes are still amazing here but it's always worth booking the dinner package are you are a little isolated and a taxi will be about 2500-3000 yen to town. Free shuttles exist but it's cold outside and waiting around is not fun.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Recently stayed here and was charged 300 JPY/day for Onsen. Sounds about right from staying here 3 years ago.

But now also levying a 75 JPY per day "consumption tax resort fee" and 1500 JPY/day "resort fee".

Should I be paying these fees for award stays?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:16 am

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Hi all,

Will be going to Hilton Niseko thus coming December on the 6th.

Any advice and help on arranging for transport from CTS domestic to Hilton Niseko?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:36 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by RCTP
Hi all,

Any advice and help on arranging for transport from CTS domestic to Hilton Niseko?
I usually have used the Goodsports Whiteliner for my snowboard trips there: http://www.goodsports.co.jp/white_eng/ski-bus/ , but it doesn't start running until 12/12...

I've also used Skybus which offers private transfers and may be able to meet your needs, but are significantly more expensive: http://skybus.co.jp/en/bus/

Then there is always the JR line...
Old Oct 24, 2014, 4:49 am

Hi all,

Last year the hotel was offering free 1-way transport.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 8:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
Last year the hotel was offering free 1-way transport.
They still offer the "free" transport but everyone has to pay the Resort fee of 540Yen from 1 Dec 2014 to 5 April 2015. This covers the transportation and other things.

I'm also staying there this Dec (7-11) and have been trying to check out the shuttle service for a few weeks already. They still haven't updated them on the website...i'm just hoping they will confirm the schedule soon.

Oh...a point to take note. The shuttle only picks u up from Chitose Airport...not from central Sapporo.

You can check out the schedule here (assuming they have updated it). Click on the JR Hokkaido Timetable from Airport/Sapporo to Hotel (PDF) link on that page.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:16 pm

I use the whiteliner, but are you certain they do a free shuttle? I read this here and enquired while there but that didn't seem to be the case.

Anyway, look forward to my return trips this season. Late December and late January this time. Can't wait to see the new shopping village they have installed.

Any other questions?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:28 am

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Gummibar: I checked the link and it said 3000JPY per one-way and it is being operated by a company called Core Agency. I've already booked my one way trip via Niseko Airport Shuttle and they're using the same operating company too, at a cheaper price of 2800JPY. Seems like you'll be checking out on the the day I'm checking in, how about a coffee together if fate allows.

Cynicor: As per my reply to Gummibar, it seems to cost 3000JPY per pax after checking out the link.

What's the weather like in Niseko and Sapporo in early December? Any chance of snow? It's my first trip to Hokkaido and the main purpose is to experience snow. (I'm from the tropics)
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:49 am

What's the weather like in Niseko and Sapporo in early December? Any chance of snow? It's my first trip to Hokkaido and the main purpose is to experience snow. (I'm from the tropics)
There will be snow. It already snowed in Asahidake in mid-September.

Here's what it looked like Dec 1st last year, with links to daily reports from previous years at the bottom of the page. You'll see there was 123cm of snow in the month of November alone...

http://www.snowjapan.com/japan-daily...-December-2013
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Hi all,

If skiing, the Chuou bus pack is the best deal by far. Transportation is always reliable and on time. Google lift tickets Niseko and search for the bus pack.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by sniles
There will be snow. It already snowed in Asahidake in mid-September.

Here's what it looked like Dec 1st last year, with links to daily reports from previous years at the bottom of the page. You'll see there was 123cm of snow in the month of November alone...

http://www.snowjapan.com/japan-daily...-December-2013
Thanks for the info!

What about the weather like in Sapporo city? Chances of snow?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox
If skiing, the Chuou bus pack is the best deal by far. Transportation is always reliable and on time. Google lift tickets Niseko and search for the bus pack.
Won't be skiing, but just there to experience some serious snowy weather. Heh.

But anyway, have already booked my coach tickets from another company that offered a better timing to match my arrival flight.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:47 pm

Thanks for the info!

What about the weather like in Sapporo city? Chances of snow?
50/50. It may snow occasionally but likely not cold enough for it to stay on the ground for long.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by gummibar
They still offer the "free" transport but everyone has to pay the Resort fee of 540Yen from 1 Dec 2014 to 5 April 2015. This covers the transportation and other things.

I'm also staying there this Dec (7-11) and have been trying to check out the shuttle service for a few weeks already. They still haven't updated them on the website...i'm just hoping they will confirm the schedule soon.

Oh...a point to take note. The shuttle only picks u up from Chitose Airport...not from central Sapporo.

You can check out the schedule here (assuming they have updated it). Click on the JR Hokkaido Timetable from Airport/Sapporo to Hotel (PDF) link on that page.
I'm planning on renting a car, but I'd be interested in trying the free bus one-way at least. Driving up there in the winter can be a pain. Last year it was about an hour of white-out conditions.

I can't wait for my upcoming 6 day stay!
Old Dec 4, 2014, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by sniles
50/50. It may snow occasionally but likely not cold enough for it to stay on the ground for long.
What? There is normally a ton of snow on the ground in Sapporo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.