Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2024, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by LA_FadeAway
Do you have to get the buffet? Someone else mentioned the option of only ordering from the menu and the credit being enough to cover that? I’d be fine with just ordering a menu item. We aren’t big buffet people and neither of us eat a lot first thing in the morning anyway.
Yes you can do that ; don't recall the prices for the menu options but think they are listed. The credit can be used for any food expense so you could even order room service b-fast if you prefered.
The server does ask you each morning if you want the buffet or not.
If you order off the menu without the buffet any drinks, coffees would also be additional (vs everything included if you opt for the buffet)
LA_FadeAway likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 1:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Not sure how much I'd miss completely free breakfast. I often have to cut short my morning snorkeling to go to breakfast in time (shower in between, get to breakfast 1hr+ before close so things don't run out). It'll be nice to not have those competing interests and use the credit for a later meal in the day.

I do wonder for one guest in the room if they still give 7k XPF or half. In every US property I've been, they've given me $50 when I'm alone (always putting 2 guests when making reservation, but here it would be more obvious if alone).
LA_FadeAway likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign
Not sure how much I'd miss completely free breakfast. I often have to cut short my morning snorkeling to go to breakfast in time (shower in between, get to breakfast 1hr+ before close so things don't run out). It'll be nice to not have those competing interests and use the credit for a later meal in the day.

I do wonder for one guest in the room if they still give 7k XPF or half. In every US property I've been, they've given me $50 when I'm alone (always putting 2 guests when making reservation, but here it would be more obvious if alone).

I thought the credit was per room so shouldn't matter if one or two or three occupants (is something you should email in advance of your stay to clarify)

As far as skipping b-fast ; for a city stay most anywhere sure, but here you have limited food options throughout the day. Filling up on breakfast even if not great saves you from having to spend on over priced and not very good either lunch food.
Read the menus and see what works for you though.

For us the filling breakfast, sometimes a snack at the pool area or room service small lunch in the afternoon held us over until dinner.
I don't like seafood so my food opinions may not be shared by others and I went there not expecting much so was not displeased with the food as a whole. Was what I expected basically in terms of both price and quality.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:35 pm

Does anyone know if you can pay with a Hilton Asprire/ Surpass credit card for dinner/spa etc. to trigger the $200/$50 hotel credit? Or does it all gets charged to your room automatically?
Do they accept Hilton gift cards?
I have a stay spanning end of June and checking out beginning of July.
Trying to see if I can use my Aspire/ Surpass credit for period ending in June and then also at check out for July credit.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by puzo15
Does anyone know if you can pay with a Hilton Asprire/ Surpass credit card for dinner/spa etc. to trigger the $200/$50 hotel credit? Or does it all gets charged to your room automatically?
Trying to see if I can use my Aspire/ Surpass credit for period ending in June and then also at check out for July credit.
Easy. Email the resort to send you a prepaid link for whatever amount you wish before July to trigger the credit for the period ending June. Received the link the same day and the credit posted a couple of weeks later.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 8:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Silver
A few questions while planning details of our trip later this month?
1) Is it a good idea to make dinner reservations for all the nights we want, in advance of our trip?
2) Has anyone done the Polynesian Night recently? Debating about this. Our anniversary is that night. Considered La Villa Mohana but we aren't big on French food so feel like that might be wasted on us (probably too late to get a reservation there anyway). Anywhere else ashore worth paying the $100 evening boat transfer? Our options at the resort that night are the Polynesian Night dinner, Banyan Chinese, sushi at Upa Upa, or room service.
3) Does the spa offer any last-minute specials on site like other resorts? Do we need to bother reserving before we get there or can we wait until we are there to reserve? We like to wait until we're going to have a rainy day for our spa time when possible.
4) Are there stores in or really close to the Papeete airport where we could pick up a few mixers, some beer/wine, and snacks or should we wait and go ashore on day 2 to stock up on those things. We'll have about 4 hours to kill in Papeete before our transfer flight. Plan to pick up a few bottles at LAX duty free on our way out.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:39 am

Programs: Hilton
1) Is it a good idea to make dinner reservations for all the nights we want, in advance of our trip?
2) Has anyone done the Polynesian Night recently? Debating about this. Our anniversary is that night. Considered La Villa Mohana but we aren't big on French food so feel like that might be wasted on us (probably too late to get a reservation there anyway). Anywhere else ashore worth paying the $100 evening boat transfer? Our options at the resort that night are the Polynesian Night dinner, Banyan Chinese, sushi at Upa Upa, or room service.
3) Does the spa offer any last-minute specials on site like other resorts? Do we need to bother reserving before we get there or can we wait until we are there to reserve? We like to wait until we're going to have a rainy day for our spa time when possible.
4) Are there stores in or really close to the Papeete airport where we could pick up a few mixers, some beer/wine, and snacks or should we wait and go ashore on day 2 to stock up on those things. We'll have about 4 hours to kill in Papeete before our transfer flight. Plan to pick up a few bottles at LAX duty free on our way out.
There is a grocery store called Easy Market very close to Papeete airport, perhaps 3 minutes walk, you can find it on Google Map. It is rather small but you may find the beer and snacks you need. Just keep in mind of the 5kg carry on luggage limit.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:49 am

Programs: Hilton
One more reminder. If you'd like to buy a French Polynesia SIM card, never go to the Vodafone store in the Airport. I bought a Vodafone and there is no signal on the Conrad island. I should have tried the Vini SIM card but I was not able to find it in the airport.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 7:12 am

1. Depends how busy it is when you’ll be there, but it’s probably a good idea to have something booked just in case. You can call throughout the day if there’s somewhere you really want to go and people will cancel, especially right at dinner time when they change their mind, so be ready to go.
  2. Haven’t done it recently. Seems the main opinion is if you’ve already experienced one it’s better to skip it in general. I skipped La Villa because it seemed very difficult to make the return boat given how long the dinner takes. I went to Restaurant St. James instead which was very nice, but some people were on my return boat from La Villa so they made it back in time. It’s a very expensive meal, like $500+ I believe so just be prepared (not including the Conrad boat costs, which have doubled since I was there). I heard it was amazing though.
  3. Not sure on last minute deals but I kinda doubt it, not many discounts to be found at that resort. 😅
  4. Theres a Carrefour at the Pacific Plaza Mall like 7-10 minutes away from the airport, it’s a good place to shop in general and I recommend it. We stayed overnight at the Hilton and there’s a bridge to walk between the two. Just make sure the store and shops will be open during your free hours. Four hours is a long time in that airport.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by puzo15
I am also very interested in knowing if the Hilton Gift cards can be used. We have a stack of them and want to use them up on our Bora Bora trip.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:03 pm

2) Has anyone done the Polynesian Night recently? Debating about this. Our anniversary is that night.
For the Polynesian Night, please be aware that it may be indoors at the Iriatai restaurant when there is a chance of rain. This happened during our trip and inside the ambience is not comparable to the show on the beach. The drums get very loud inside the building. You may just want to walk by if you happened to be on property that night or have a drink at the bar.

One suggestion I have is to head to St. James for lunch. You can not only take advantage of free Conrad boat during the daytime but also enjoy a very scenic view ! It is a short walk from the Vaitape harbor. I believe St. James offers a transfer as well if you don't want to walk.

You can pick up groceries and drinks at two supermarkets in Vaitape. There is also a nice wine shop next to St. James, it is managed by the same owner as is an excellent bakery. The prices at the Vaitape supermarket are a bit higher compared to Bora Bora.

For alcohol, consider stopping by the duty free shop in Bora Bora on arrival, on the left just before leaving the secure zone in baggage claim. The taxes on alcohol in French Polynesia are very high and this may be the least expensive option to purchase wine or liqueur.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Ming Chang
There is a grocery store called Easy Market very close to Papeete airport, perhaps 3 minutes walk, you can find it on Google Map. It is rather small but you may find the beer and snacks you need. Just keep in mind of the 5kg carry on luggage limit.
Thank you for the reminder about the carry-on limitations on the island hop flights!
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Cynapse
  1. Depends how busy it is when you’ll be there, but it’s probably a good idea to have something booked just in case. You can call throughout the day if there’s somewhere you really want to go and people will cancel, especially right at dinner time when they change their mind, so be ready to go.
  2. Haven’t done it recently. Seems the main opinion is if you’ve already experienced one it’s better to skip it in general. I skipped La Villa because it seemed very difficult to make the return boat given how long the dinner takes. I went to Restaurant St. James instead which was very nice, but some people were on my return boat from La Villa so they made it back in time. It’s a very expensive meal, like $500+ I believe so just be prepared (not including the Conrad boat costs, which have doubled since I was there). I heard it was amazing though.
  3. Not sure on last minute deals but I kinda doubt it, not many discounts to be found at that resort. 😅
  4. Theres a Carrefour at the Pacific Plaza Mall like 7-10 minutes away from the airport, it’s a good place to shop in general and I recommend it. We stayed overnight at the Hilton and there’s a bridge to walk between the two. Just make sure the store and shops will be open during your free hours. Four hours is a long time in that airport.
Thank you for the reply! Might just go ahead and make dinner reservations for most nights. I assume there is no penalty for canceling. We've done some luaus in Hawaii so I'm sure Polynesian Night is similar. I think spenidng $500+ on French Food would be a big waste for us though. Still not sure what we're going to do that night. The other options are Banyan, sushi, and room service if we don't do Polynesian Night or go ashore. We've been to that Carrefour. Got stranded there for an hour or so during some torrential rains many years ago. It was so bad taxis couldn't drive to pick us up. Was an interesting cultural experience, lol.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by IntTraveller
For the Polynesian Night, please be aware that it may be indoors at the Iriatai restaurant when there is a chance of rain. This happened during our trip and inside the ambience is not comparable to the show on the beach. The drums get very loud inside the building. You may just want to walk by if you happened to be on property that night or have a drink at the bar.

One suggestion I have is to head to St. James for lunch. You can not only take advantage of free Conrad boat during the daytime but also enjoy a very scenic view ! It is a short walk from the Vaitape harbor. I believe St. James offers a transfer as well if you don't want to walk.

You can pick up groceries and drinks at two supermarkets in Vaitape. There is also a nice wine shop next to St. James, it is managed by the same owner as is an excellent bakery. The prices at the Vaitape supermarket are a bit higher compared to Bora Bora.

For alcohol, consider stopping by the duty free shop in Bora Bora on arrival, on the left just before leaving the secure zone in baggage claim. The taxes on alcohol in French Polynesia are very high and this may be the least expensive option to purchase wine or liqueur.
Thanks for the tips about the St. James and the wine shop. I didn't realize St. James was walking distance. Our plan right now is to take the shuttle over on our first morning to get supplies there unless we find enough to get us by a few days in Papeete. We're planning to grab some duty free liquor at LAX. Do you think the Papeete duty free is cheaper (I'm guessing not)?
Old Apr 4, 2024, 12:23 pm

Thanks for the tips about the St. James and the wine shop. I didn't realize St. James was walking distance. Our plan right now is to take the shuttle over on our first morning to get supplies there unless we find enough to get us by a few days in Papeete. We're planning to grab some duty free liquor at LAX. Do you think the Papeete duty free is cheaper (I'm guessing not)?
I would doubt it’s cheaper. But, ANY duty free will be better than buying in Tahiti, and especially BB! If you can find cheap booze you want just get it, don’t quibble over an extra $5 between duty free locations. 🤪 I was paying $50 for a 750ml of Gordon’s Gin and a bunch more for Sprite Zero. Jack was $85 for a 750ml at Chin Lee. That’s probably gonna be 20% higher now after profit-flation the last few years. Tahiti is cheaper so get it there if you need it before you leave for BB and don’t get it at duty free. We packed our desired liquor in 1.5L skinny water bottles and put them in 2 gallon ziplocks in our luggage, it lasted a while but we ran out (we were there 12 days).

St. James is walking distance but I wouldn’t recommend it at night. I had the Conrad concierge communicate with the restaurant to arrange a transport, just do that and bring some tip money imo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.