Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2023, 8:01 pm

Hi! What is the best contact to reach out to the Conrad and request a Diamond upgrade? Does anyone have an email for the concierge?
Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2023, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by allyson18
Hi! What is the best contact to reach out to the Conrad and request a Diamond upgrade? Does anyone have an email for the concierge?
Thanks!
[email protected]
Old Nov 21, 2023, 2:38 pm

Programs: IHG Marriott
Originally Posted by allyson18
Thanks!
I was searching for the answer to your question. I need the concierge email address
Old Nov 28, 2023, 9:56 am

Can it be clearly distinguished what is the "basic" or "most common" complimentary Diamond upgrade (from award booking of King Lagoon Suite, if that matters)? And what are the paid upgrade prices to Beach Villas and Overwater Villas? And is mid-May already high season?

I looked through the last 10 pages but lots of other discussions and not many datapoints... only thing I learned is to best write them for a complimentary upgrade 2 weeks out and then hope for the best.

Also, any update if the latest reports of $16 per day per person for the full buffet upgrade are still accurate?

Last edited by ArnoldB; Nov 28, 2023 at 10:15 am
Old Nov 28, 2023, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by ArnoldB
Can it be clearly distinguished what is the "basic" or "most common" complimentary Diamond upgrade (from award booking of King Lagoon Suite, if that matters)? And what are the paid upgrade prices to Beach Villas and Overwater Villas? And is mid-May already high season?

I looked through the last 10 pages but lots of other discussions and not many datapoints... only thing I learned is to best write them for a complimentary upgrade 2 weeks out and then hope for the best.

Also, any update if the latest reports of $16 per day per person for the full buffet upgrade are still accurate?
I was upgraded during the peak season of August to a King Overwater Villa. My post is on page 93 I believe. I'm not sure if I got upgraded because the King Lagoon Suites were under renovation at the time or because my girlfriend and I are both individual Diamond members. I did e-mail them twice during the two weeks before my stay and specifically mentioned a complimentary Diamond upgrade, however.

The buffet upgrade is definitely a thing but it seems to be hit and miss. I was only charged 3 out of 7 nights I believe. Even the 'cold' options are absolutely delicious and diverse BTW. It's far from a bland Hampton Inn cold breakfast lol.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 6:47 pm

We just returned from a two night award stay in the Conrad Bora Bora. The property itself is beautiful, the service is lacking though. We stayed in the Zemi Beach House in Anguilla last year where the guest relations manager checked in every time with us when our paths crossed and the service felt very personal. The Conrad Bora Bora was just the opposite, it all felt very transactional and once checked in, the guest relations manager just walked past us without saying a word. On one day the housekeeping took the shampoo bottle, assuming to refill it, but never brought it back. It took three calls over multiple hours to finally have a shampoo delivered.

There was no restriction at breakfast, we would use the hot and cold options. We mostly preferred the cold selection, as it was overall high quality and had unique offerings. The room service was quick and quite good as well.

We enjoyed the snorkelling and kayaking right off the beach. Without booking excursions, there is not much else to do. Be aware that the boat transfer on arrival and departure is about US$160 per person (for a return trip). This is charged to the room folio.

Overall it is a great value for points.
LA_FadeAway likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 9:51 am

I will be reaching there next weekend for five nights. Bit pumped about it. We have to postpone this trip two times now due to pandemic. So finally excited to be here, but weather looks bit damp. For people who have been there in December how is it generally, does it rain all day?
Also we are booked Otemanu view pool villa. Which will be good villa number to stay in if we can request in advance?
Old Dec 16, 2023, 9:19 am

There are only very few villas with have Mt. Otemanu view. These are located on the east side of the resort, close to the channel between the two motus. I don’t think you need to request a specific villa.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by ArnoldB

I just got back 3 weeks ago from Conrad Bora Bora Nui, for a 5-night standard reward stay, prior to arriving at Conrad I stayed in St Regis for 3 nights, both resorts were award redemptions stays, St Regis was 120k/night and Conrad I was able to use 4 FN certificates + 120k points, both properties are equally as beautiful, but truely, I like Conrad better as it faces the ocean side.
We are Marriott Platinum and Hilton Diamond, St Regis upgraded us to Over-Water-Villa automatically, no questions asked, but Conrad kept telling us they were fully booked and there would be no upgrades.
After we checked in, the Concierge girl, whose name was Anais, from France, was very helpful, she took care of us on all the dining and activity reservations, she explained and said almost everyone there are diamond status, lol, so she said if we want an upgrade, we need to go directly to management, so I went spoke with the manager on duty and he went back and ask the GM, of course, the answer was NO, he said between the standard reward redemption suite to over-water-villa there still 4-5 levels.
The standard award redemption suite, yes, was on the top floor of the gym, actually pretty nice, huge, I think it was like 13-1400 sq ft, heck, how much time are we going to be inside anyway, right? we are in Bora Bora, we want to lay at the pool or beach or snorkel, not stay inside the room anyway. then the surprise came, The Concierge came to the door and moved us to a water villa after the 2nd day, so we did get an upgrade after all, I do think Anais did some background talks for us to get us upgraded.
One other thing worth mentioning is the spa, it is on top of the hill, a long walk but can overlook the whole property, and nicely set up, offers fruit drinks and ice-tea for free, we used the steam room and sauna every day and have not seen any other person there fro the whole time, so we had the whole lower floor of the spa area to us for few hours each day.
LA_FadeAway likes this.

Last edited by jy835101; Dec 17, 2023 at 9:36 am
Old Dec 17, 2023, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by jy835101
I just got back 3 weeks ago from Conrad Bora Bora Nui, for a 5-night standard reward stay, prior to arriving at Conrad I stayed in St Regis for 3 nights, both resorts were award redemptions stays, St Regis was 120k/night and Conrad I was able to use 4 FN certificates + 120k points, both properties are equally as beautiful, but truely, I like Conrad better as it faces the ocean side.
We are Marriott Platinum and Hilton Diamond, St Regis upgraded us to Over-Water-Villa automatically, no questions asked, but Conrad kept telling us they were fully booked and there would be no upgrades.
After we checked in, the Concierge girl, whose name was Anais, from France, was very helpful, she took care of us on all the dining and activity reservations, she explained and said almost everyone there are diamond status, lol, so she said if we want an upgrade, we need to go directly to management, so I went spoke with the manager on duty and he went back and ask the GM, of course, the answer was NO, he said between the standard reward redemption suite to over-water-villa there still 4-5 levels.
The standard award redemption suite, yes, was on the top floor of the gym, actually pretty nice, huge, I think it was like 13-1400 sq ft, heck, how much time are we going to be inside anyway, right? we are in Bora Bora, we want to lay at the pool or beach or snorkel, not stay inside the room anyway. then the surprise came, The Concierge came to the door and moved us to a water villa after the 2nd day, so we did get an upgrade after all, I do think Anais did some background talks for us to get us upgraded.
One other thing worth mentioning is the spa, it is on top of the hill, a long walk but can overlook the whole property, and nicely set up, offers fruit drinks and ice-tea for free, we used the steam room and sauna every day and have not seen any other person there fro the whole time, so we had the whole lower floor of the spa area to us for few hours each day.
On our first visit we stayed in a villa at the very top of the resort, I think relatively close to. the spa. The view was spectacular, and it was very secluded. On our second visit we had an overwater bungalow we could swim from. But given the proximity of the boats going by and the depth of the water where the bungalow was, such that it was a long swim to where we could snorkel with much more coral and fish, we felt it was a lot more private and overall better to be at the tp of the hill. As always, YMMV.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 7:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Silver
Any idea why we cannot edit or cancel a reservation online? Is this normal. I have a points reservation for next April and it says "Contact customer care at +689 40 60 33 00 for assistance with this reservation." when I select it online. In the app it says "this reservation cannot be cancelled". What is that all about? The email says I have until April 15 to cancel. Not being able to manage my own reservations makes me nervous. Same thing happening with my Moorea reservations too.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by LA_FadeAway
Any idea why we cannot edit or cancel a reservation online? Is this normal. I have a points reservation for next April and it says "Contact customer care at +689 40 60 33 00 for assistance with this reservation." when I select it online. In the app it says "this reservation cannot be cancelled". What is that all about? The email says I have until April 15 to cancel. Not being able to manage my own reservations makes me nervous. Same thing happening with my Moorea reservations too.
in my experience, this is common. Each time we have had reservations here and needed to make changes, we just had to call. We also shared the panic of it saying it couldnt be cancelled/changed but no longer worry

Edited to add that you should be fine until the April 15 you mention
Old Dec 19, 2023, 8:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by KRUXED
in my experience, this is common. Each time we have had reservations here and needed to make changes, we just had to call. We also shared the panic of it saying it couldnt be cancelled/changed but no longer worry

Edited to add that you should be fine until the April 15 you mention
Thank you! That makes me feel better, as I just snagged the dates since they were available on our anniversary week but don't actually have flights yet. Do you really have to call FP or can you call the Diamond Desk if you need to make a change? For Moorea, I actually have one single night on points that I'd like to change to a free night certificate. Hopefully, I don't have to call the hotel to cancel then call the Diamond Desk to re-book.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 8:02 pm

Thank you! That makes me feel better, as I just snagged the dates since they were available on our anniversary week but don't actually have flights yet. Do you really have to call FP or can you call the Diamond Desk if you need to make a change? For Moorea, I actually have one single night on points that I'd like to change to a free night certificate. Hopefully, I don't have to call the hotel to cancel then call the Diamond Desk to re-book.
Call the Diamond desk.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 8:06 pm

call the diamond desk. All will be fine, Its too early to stress and you should just start being excited for your anniversary! Congrats

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.