Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2024, 11:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by ArnoldB
I have a points reservation that is cancellable until mid-April but now in the app it says "No changes can be made to this booking". Whats up with that?
I had the same thing happen. You can call the hotel or the Diamond Desk if you need to make changes.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Alfonso904
Sheesh, thats really aggravating. I love the property but that type of penny pitching just aggravates me. Please make sure to leave feedback for that on the e-mail when you check out.

I thought Hilton had a blanket policy that international no matter what is free breakfast.
Yes, the breakfast credit is supposed to be in the U.S. only. If the 7000xpf were per person, that would be ok, but not per room! Actually, I would prefer it this way, if they gave a credit equal to the actual cost of breakfast per person. That way it could be applied to dinner or room service breakfast if you don't feel like getting up and going to the buffet in the morning.

Last edited by LA_FadeAway; Feb 22, 2024 at 6:46 pm
Old Feb 22, 2024, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by jlward2756
Just wanted to follow up on my upgrade post… Two days before our arrival, I got another message that we had been upgraded. I checked the app and we had indeed been upgraded to King overwater villa for our first 3 nights. We were thrilled and don’t mind moving to the tropical villa on our last night.

We are here now and are very happy with the villa. We did get a note upon arrival that Diamonds now get a 7000XPF food/beverage credit per day instead of free breakfast. That was disappointing because that won’t cover 2 breakfasts given they each are 5700XPF. I asked if this was a new policy and they said it was but I’m not sure they understood what I was asking as they seemed confused by my question about why breakfast wasn’t complementary for Diamonds. If anyone has further insight, I’d appreciate it!

I’ll share my final thoughts once our stay is complete!
This level of penny-pinching would make Scrooge blush.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 9:07 am

Can confirm the new 7,000XPF daily credit, though I was given a choice between that and daily continental breakfast at check-in. As someone upthread mentioned, at 5,700XPF per person, breakfast is the right pick unless you’re not a morning person.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by kpottermn
Can confirm the new 7,000XPF daily credit, though I was given a choice between that and daily continental breakfast at check-in. As someone upthread mentioned, at 5,700XPF per person, breakfast is the right pick unless you’re not a morning person.
So the 7000 was per room and not per person?
Old Feb 23, 2024, 10:33 am

Are they still offering the "upcharge" if you choose to get something off of the menu that is a "hot" item? when we were there in October, breakfast was included, but if you wanted the full buffet or something off of the menu they put down, you just paid like a $18 per person amount or something like that.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 2:11 pm

Okay, that's not bad at all than.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by vjfjohnson
Are they still offering the "upcharge" if you choose to get something off of the menu that is a "hot" item? when we were there in October, breakfast was included, but if you wanted the full buffet or something off of the menu they put down, you just paid like a $18 per person amount or something like that.
When I went, 5/7 of the days I stayed, they seemed to just ignore the up-charge for the hot item. I don't know if I got lucky or if they didn't notice. I certainly wasn't trying to hide it either as my plate was loaded, lol.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 2:14 pm

FYI for everyone, check if you have any AMEX offers for $200 off $1000 or more for Hilton Polynesian properties. I read the fine print and it worked for me. I used this back in my stay in September 2023 and was credited when I used my Platinum card for check out. It took a few months for the credit to come but it's something.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Alfonso904
FYI for everyone, check if you have any AMEX offers for $200 off $1000 or more for Hilton Polynesian properties. I read the fine print and it worked for me. I used this back in my stay in September 2023 and was credited when I used my Platinum card for check out. It took a few months for the credit to come but it's something.
I have the same offer and the terms suggests

https://www.americanexpress.com/hiltonresortsamexoffer

and for French Polynesia, only Hilton Moorea seems eligible, not the Conrad Bora Bora. Not sure how strict is the actual offer though.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by ArnoldB
Is the tennis court in good condition? I am asking because some negative experiences in the past elsewhere - at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz in 2020 is was basically unusable because there was no real maintenance done seemingly ever.
am here now
can confirm the tennis court looks to be in good condition (is made of some sort of strange composite material looks like mesh I guess for drainage ; sorry not a tennis player so don’t know how better to describe it)
currently too hot for anyone to possibly play even in the early morning

also can confirm the daily food credit no more free breakfast : was not offered free continental instead
also have our daughter with us so suspect will spend far more on breakfast each day than the credit

resort is beautiful
service exceptional thus far
got nicely upgraded to a deluxe owv no charge as diamond on points stay so not complaining about the extra food costs at all

tip: the pool boy station they offer free use of large inflatables and blow them up and deliver to your room all at no charge
provide rope as well to tie them up to the ladder / deck
yrtrvl likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 8:51 pm

Where is best place for snorkeling at the resort?
Old Feb 23, 2024, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by mreynolds767
Where is best place for snorkeling at the resort?
Upa Upa Lounge vicinity and by 325-330 the last time I was there.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by mreynolds767
am here now
also can confirm the daily food credit no more free breakfast : was not offered free continental instead
also have our daughter with us so suspect will spend far more on breakfast each day than the credit

got nicely upgraded to a deluxe owv no charge as diamond on points stay so not complaining about the extra food costs at all

tip: the pool boy station they offer free use of large inflatables and blow them up and deliver to your room all at no charge
provide rope as well to tie them up to the ladder / deck
Can you confirm that the breakfast credit is per room and not per person?
Congrats on the nice upgrade! How many nights are you there for and were you upgraded for the whole stay? I'll be there in late April for 9 nights on points and FNC, with three seperate reservations. Really hoping for a nice upgrade for at least part of our stay.
Love the tip about the inflatables, that's awesome that they even provide a rope!
I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay and are having amazing weather!
Old Feb 24, 2024, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by LA_FadeAway
Can you confirm that the breakfast credit is per room and not per person?
Congrats on the nice upgrade! How many nights are you there for and were you upgraded for the whole stay? I'll be there in late April for 9 nights on points and FNC, with three seperate reservations. Really hoping for a nice upgrade for at least part of our stay.
Love the tip about the inflatables, that's awesome that they even provide a rope!
I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay and are having amazing weather!

I believe the credit is per room not per person
breakfast this morning was roughly 2x the credit for 2 adults and 1 child so the credit will cover half for me

5 nights ; yes full stay upgraded via the app
first to king overwater about 4 days out and then 48 hours out to the deluxe overwater
My last night (which was a FNC) shows just king overwater right now but at check in our rep/ butler? Said they gave us in the same room for all of the nights so guess the app will update at some point

Room Is fantastic ; the water is deep (about 15 feet) with a child we would prefer a shallower ow but others will love the deep water I am sure

took the chance on February weather as I assumed would be better chance for free upgrade at this time of year. Been very lucky with the weather ; is too hot and too sunny which is a complaint that will fall on many deaf ears ; lol

Went to the Polynesian show (every Friday) last night ; was entertaining; we had a good time. Questionable value (never love buffet dinners) but worth seeing once

today rented a boat with La Plage (30 hp pontoon) was really great experience got to boat around the other hotels in the lagoon
we stayed at le bora bora and le tahaa before the Conrad
so far would rank them le tahaa (1), Conrad (2) and le bora bora (3)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.