Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by VA1379
This hotel used to offer free parking, but I did a recent search for Hilton properties in the LAX area and noticed the symbol for free parking was gone. The hotel description still says free parking in the Hilton app, but they are charging $15 a day for parking.
Oh, my! Another menber of the "We're doing it because every other hotel is doing it" club. Given that they're right next to a Metro station, I can appreciate that they want to protect their parking lot for guests, but they could just issue parking permits and give a towing company the right to tow away cars without permits. But the real reason, I suspect, is that they just want more money because they can get it. I don't know how others feel about this, but for me, if I have just one night to kill before a flight, I'll turn in my rental car the night before and let them take me to the airport in their shuttle van . . . until they start charging for that, too.

I wonder if the Extended Stay down the street is going to be next. I often stay there when the Hilton Garden is in one of their high price modes.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:50 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Stayed at the new Curio at LAX earlier this week.

The location was great, although from my room, I could barely make out the runway - despite paying for a Deluxe King Room with the Airport View.

The room was large, and the service perfectly fine.

However, when showering, I spotted the below - which is blood. Not mine, but someone elses. When I advised the Reception staff, they couldn't have cared less. I was surprised, and as a Hilton Diamon member, will be filing my complaint with them. Is there an HH representative on FT?

M
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:17 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Just to update - Hilton saw the photos I had out on social media and we exchanged numbers.

I called them, and was offered a full apology, along with 40,000 points - effectively a refund of my room, albeit in points form opposed to cash...which suited me fine, as I will use them for another booking

M
CMK10 likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
From the couple of notes earlier in the thread, it sounds like the shuttle from the H Hotel is fine. Any info on taking it from the Homewood? Would assume it’s also ok if it’s shared. I’m only going from the hotel to the airport, not the other way.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:00 pm

Which LAX Hotel?

I'm posting this here since I have Diamond status with Hilton, but not necessary a Hilton exclusive question. We are taking a family trip to Maui this summer and have the first leg of our trip flying in from DAL to LAX, with an arrival around 1:45pm with AS. Our flight to Maui with HA leaves the next morning at 7am. So my first question is where do we stay overnight? We will not have a rental so airport shuttle would be a must. We have status with Hilton but if we go that route we would be booking a cash stay reservation. We can also go with Hyatt as we will have enough points for anything, but no status other than being a card holder. I know the need for airport shuttle really limits our resources, but really no hotels are jumping out. We really won't have time to really do anything so I am looking at basically being being at the hotel exclusively in between our two flights. What would you guys recommend?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Jenn0625
I'm posting this here since I have Diamond status with Hilton, but not necessary a Hilton exclusive question. We are taking a family trip to Maui this summer and have the first leg of our trip flying in from DAL to LAX, with an arrival around 1:45pm with AS. Our flight to Maui with HA leaves the next morning at 7am. So my first question is where do we stay overnight? We will not have a rental so airport shuttle would be a must. We have status with Hilton but if we go that route we would be booking a cash stay reservation. We can also go with Hyatt as we will have enough points for anything, but no status other than being a card holder. I know the need for airport shuttle really limits our resources, but really no hotels are jumping out. We really won't have time to really do anything so I am looking at basically being being at the hotel exclusively in between our two flights. What would you guys recommend?
How many people? Uber is another option.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by markmho
How many people? Uber is another option.
4 total. 2 Adults and 2 kids teen and preteen. Plus luggage. We have never dealt with Uber. My biggest thing is making sure we get back to the airport in time for our 7am flight. Less complications the better.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I think this is the thread you're looking for: DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

There are a gazillion LAX hotels with shuttles.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
It depends what you want in a hotel, or close to a hotel. There are numerous Hilton family hotels near the airport, and they will all have airport shuttles. There is a Hilton on Century Blvd, and in the City of El Segundo (which borders the airport) there is a Doubletree, Hilton Garden Inn, Embassy Suites and a fairly new Hampton Inn. The HGI and Doubletree don't have anything interesting within walking distance, while the other hotels have a couple of restaurants within walking distance (nothing particularly special).

I believe there is a separate thread here for LAX-area hotels.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mrshoes
Anyone have an experience with the Homewood Suites located alongside the H Hotel Curio at LAX?

I just booked for a night coming up and hoping it has worked out the kinks as a new property.

Thanks.

MrShoes

Looking to see if any recent stays and your thoughts. Thanks
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Delta Silver
Sorry for the delayed response. I have been off the site for a bit.

As for the Hotel Curio, I thought it was pretty good overall. Easy to get in/out of unlike some of the other Hilton properties at LAX. It was still fresh/new with a good attitude amongst its staff.

Breakfast was well-stocked and fair. Layout, elevators, and general room condition commensurate with what you would expect at a new hotel.

Bottom line - I recommend and would look to stay there again.

MrShoes
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Delta Plat, National Executive
I stayed at the Hotel Curio last week, very nice room, yes the sound proofing was not great, heard planes all night, but otherwise enjoyed the room and nice big bathroom. I got a breakfast to go, Bagel and Fruit, it was fine. As for the shuttle it is advertised for every 30 minutes. When I left hotel about 615am, shuttle was waiting but it also serves a parking lot (I believe). Since I was flying out of Terminal II, I went ahead any walked, it only about 3 blocks. I also walked to hotel from Terminal 1, very easy walk, and i'm pretty sure that was quicker than waiting on shuttle. I only had small suitcase and bookbag, I will stay here again for early morning flight.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: NWA, UA Silver. Hilton Diamond
Best Hilton for LAX

Morning - Been checking some threads about hotels near LAX. There are a couple that sounds terrible and some don't have a shuttle.

Flying in 11/14, leaving 11/17. Going solo, Hilton Diamond staying on points. I was booked at the Double Tree in El Segundo, but no shuttle per previous threads. Hilton LAX per previous threads multiple people advised to stay away. The Curio had some mixed reviews on Diamond benefits.

I will be going to the California Science Museum for the King Tut exhibit and Space Shuttle, will have a car for two days, Thursday and Friday. Flying out early Saturday so staying close would be best. Can split if needed.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:00 am
jxd

You've got 3 nights why would you want to stay near LAX? Since you've got a car, an early morning flight wouldn't matter if you stay somewhere else (Beverley hills/Hollywood).
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: NWA, UA Silver. Hilton Diamond
That area is not where I need to be. Either LAX or Downtown area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.