Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2001, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Anyone know and ideas for March 14-17th? Traveling that way jsut for a week, even going to a taping of Spin City :-) Thanks.. Look for safe clean area!
Old Feb 17, 2001, 8:31 am

Location: San Antonio, Tx USA PM-DL Diamond VIP-Hilton PC Hertz
Don't know what price range your looking for, but you can check out my post of todays date in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/001160.html for the Hampton Inn LAX. I haven't yet stayed at the Hilton LAX so I could'nt give you any info on them.
Old Feb 17, 2001, 10:37 am
Original Member

Programs: AccorHotels finished, Honors Plat, MeliaRewards Gold, SPG dead, AF Frequence+ forever
LAX Hilton is cool if you like to watch planes taking off and landing.
Their Towers lounge is perfect with breakfast, hors d'oeuvres and late evening cookies/muffins and nice runway view.
However, nothing to do in the area, so you need a car.
You can often get a $79 value rate on week-ends.
Old Feb 17, 2001, 10:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
don't know what you want but here are my choices

LAX Hilton Garden Inn El Segundo, nice, affordable, not much in the immdediate area but plenty within five miles driving.. the beaches etc..

Embassy Suites South LAX, pricey, great breakfast/happy hour, close drive to the beach,

Hilton Torrance; just finished a new renovation, I was there Monday night, Huge mall in walking distance, beaches 3 miles away, plenty to do there, about 8 or 9 miles south of LAX

Hilton LAX, well its an airport hotel although beaches are about 2 miles away.. not much in walking distance except go go bars

thats about it from Manhattan Beach this a.m. Its cold and wet for the record
Old Feb 17, 2001, 6:35 pm

I just stayed at the Embassy Suites at LAX South and it was in a nice location. We only had a short drive to the beach. If you need to rent a car there is an enterprise rental car desk in their lobby, and there is a shuttle service from the hotel that will pick you up at the airport. Good restaurants are in Manhattan Beach area.
Old Feb 17, 2001, 6:37 pm

I forgot to mention the AAA rate is not bad - I paid $109 per night
Old Feb 20, 2001, 12:27 am

I second the El Segondo. I got a great rate it was a weekend rate of $59 p/n with third night free. when you go into the hilton site check out the Visa rate if its still on
Old Jun 2, 2001, 10:29 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Advise on LAX airports?

Anyone who knows the various Hhonors hotels near LAX, please give your opinion:

I see 3 possibilities, and need to choose 1.
1. Los Angeles Airport Hilton $78
2. Hilton El Segundo LAX $79 breakfast incl.
3. Embassy Suites LAX South $75 (expedia prepaid rate)

I love Embassy's, but since it is a prepaid rate, I don't know if I would get credit for the stay. Anyone who has been at these hotels, please give your oppinions.
Old Jun 2, 2001, 10:55 am

Having Stayed at all 3 (and lived in the area at 1 time). Here are the differences (you decide which meets your needs).

1. Los Angeles Airport Hilton $78--Largest Hotel of the 3. Most amenities and closest to the airport (by far). Right next to the run ways (can be seen out your windows). Which does mean some airport noise.

2. Hilton El Segundo LAX $79 breakfast incl.- This is about 10 minutes south of the terminals and is MUCH smaller than LAX. Less noise (still close enough to get some noise) but also less around the property. I believe that this is actually a Hilton Garden Inn so that should tell you the difference.

3. Embassy Suites LAX South $75 (expedia prepaid rate). This is around the south side of the runways (near the Imperial Terminal). This is the newer than the Hilton but also will get some noise. Not much around this hotel but some strip centers, housing and the runways.

Also for some reason you left of the Embassy Suites LAX North--which is generally cheaper than LAX South but is in a less desirable location.

Regarding your PrePaid HHonors question, my personal experience has been that as long as you have SOME charge (parking, food, phone etc) on the Folio you will get stay credit and credit for that $$ amount. But you will not get credit for the Nightly room charge.--Remember this is just my experience and yours may differ.

Hope this helps

[This message has been edited by 200 ngts/ 200 legs/year (edited 06-02-2001).]
Old Jun 2, 2001, 11:33 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Had good luck with an upgrade to the Exec. Floor at the LAX Hilton... just asked and they gave it to me.
Old Jun 2, 2001, 12:36 pm

Thanks for the good info.

Actually, the Embassy North is more expensive for my date because they don't have a special expedia rate.
Old Jun 2, 2001, 6:07 pm

Programs: OnePass
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by 200 ngts/ 200 legs/year:
Regarding your PrePaid HHonors question, my personal experience has been that as long as you have SOME charge (parking, food, phone etc) on the Folio you will get stay credit and credit for that $$ amount. But you will not get credit for the Nightly room charge.--Remember this is just my experience and yours may differ.
</font>
I stayed at Hilton LAX on a pre-paid Priceline rate last month. To increase the chances that I might get HHonors credit for the stay, I made a couple phone calls. A month later I still don't see any HHonors credit for the stay. And yes, my HHonors number is printed on the folio.

So, as they say, your mileage will vary.
Old Jun 3, 2001, 8:13 pm

It seems pretty clear that UpgradeMe has an issue with questions about the LAX area, and makes it known every time one appears. So sorry if it bothers you UpgradeMe, but if it does, please feel free to ignore the threads.

In addition, if you look closely before jumping, you'll see that here I asked for opinions on three specific hotels from people that know them, which is a related, yet more progressed inquiry than my last question on the issue. If all of my questions had been answered in the last one, I wouldn't have asked this one.

As I've said in the past, as far as I know, threads are still free.
Old Jun 4, 2001, 7:16 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">It seems pretty clear that UpgradeMe has an issue with questions about the LAX area</font>
Not true. But it is no secret that I do have an issue about people who fail to use the search function. I also have an issue about people who start multiple threads for questions relating to a single hotel location.
Old Jun 4, 2001, 10:50 pm

I can understand why it may get annoying when people ask the same question day after day. However, I see no problem with a person asking a question that may have been asked a month or a year ago. When it comes down to it, probably three quarters of the stuff posted every day has been answered sometime in the past. So if everyone did a thorough search before every post, and then had their questions answered without posting them, we all, especially the new members, would miss out on a lot of good information. I personally learn a lot more from reading the questions that I didn't think to ask than from those that I do ask. And I'm sure many of them are repeats from the past.

As for starting multiple threads for a single location, you're right, this should be avoided. But still, there is no limited number of new threads, so conserving them really shouldn't be such a big issue; in my opinion at least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.