Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Old Feb 17, 04, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sometimes yoy get the highest single price/night and Sometimes the site will come up with "green" prices, ie differing prices for the different nights. I found checking different combos of nights will ofen DRAMATICALLY lower the price especially when a SAT or Sun is involved. No problem in making back-to-back reservations (but you only get one stay credit).

MisterNice
Old Feb 17, 04, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
I was pricing the stays on a day by day basis. Every property kept coming back with $109-189.

Is there something going on in LA that week?

------------------
"Rows 50 and above are business seats for those with infants" - gfowler-ord-1k
SkyTeam - "The whatever's leftover Alliance"
Old Feb 17, 04, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
I was in the LAX area last week and the lowest I could find was the HGI and one of the ES (don't remember which- sorry) for $139. All the others were $159. This was last Monday night. I was very surprised as well.

FWIW- I was able to get a room in the University wing and loved it!

Jennifer
Old Feb 17, 04, 11:15 pm
Suspended

The low prices are Friday and Saturday. You should try Carson for $59 Net Direct.
Old Feb 18, 04, 12:42 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cygnus X-1:
The low prices are Friday and Saturday. You should try Carson for $59 Net Direct.</font>
Ok now it's down to $71 on Friday(Mar19), but I swear it was $139 or so a couple days ago.

If I booked at through Carson I wouldn't get the points or the stay credit, or would I?

[This message has been edited by ByrdluvsAWACO (edited Feb 18, 2004).]
Old Feb 18, 04, 6:15 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I had the same problem...either the hotels were sold out (Hilton) or quite expensive for airport hotels. I ended up at the Sheraton Gateway for 129$...and when I checked again on the website a few days after I had booked, it was sold out as well...
Old Feb 18, 04, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yield management is very alive and well at the HGI LAX. Last week I stayed at the LAX HGI, but during the previous 2-3 weeks the lowest rate for the nights I wanted varied from $76-$180/night on hilton.com site. Ditto for orbitz.com, travelocity.com etc. It eventually sold out for Feb 14 V-Day.

The place is nice but not $180/night nice. Then the rate dropped to $76, I cancelled my Marriott $98 rate and booked the HGI.

MisterNice
Old Feb 18, 04, 3:18 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cygnus X-1:
The low prices are Friday and Saturday. You should try Carson for $59 Net Direct.</font>
Carson is truly the best hotel value in the LA basin and can be had for waay less than $59 through not-very-blind bidding (are there any other hotels in Carson?). See BFT.

The HGI LAX is sought after for many good reasons, not least in that it has a Metro stop adjacent to the property. For a better rate on an HGI you could try the one in Arcadia near Pasadena.
Old Feb 18, 04, 5:07 pm
Suspended

Also keep an eye for last minute Net Direct rate of $63.00 at the HGI El Segundo for a Friday or Saturday. Practically 10 minutes drive time. Full breakfast included if GLD or higher + 2 bottles of water. Money saved from Hilton LAX can be used to rent your car. Make it ALAMO and earn 750 HHonors points just from showing your keys.

Yes, Net Direct rates are full point credit, FFMiles driven. Make sure you pay your CC (could be only drawback) when the bill comes in, of course.
Old Feb 18, 04, 6:08 pm

I stayed at LAX Hilton for $62.10 last month. A frien was able to get it a few dollars cheaper along with pocketing the $50 certificates.

marc
Old Mar 18, 04, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
LAX meeting rooms

Any suggestions for a meeting room at a LAX area Hilton property? I'm planning a business meeting with a client who is flying into LAX next week. I figure I could either get a day room (do they have any?) or get a room and use the lounge (LAX Hilton has a nice lounge). I'm a HHonors Diamond. There will be 4 of us meeting and we need an Internet connection (or wireless) as well. Suggestions?
Old Mar 19, 04, 12:27 pm

They have a conceirge level at the LAX Hilton that is good for this type of thing. Not sure of details though
Old Mar 19, 04, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Yeah - the LAX Hilton lounge is nice but doesn't have Internet. The El Segundo HGI has free wireless so we might just meet in the breakfast area out front.
Old Jun 23, 04, 4:49 am

Embassy Suite LAX

There are 2 Embassy Suite Hotels at LAX, has anyone stayed at both? What is your preference? Thanks
Old Jun 23, 04, 5:51 am

Please do a search.

Search this Thread