Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Old Nov 30, 2004, 7:30 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
Book the Hilton Garden Inn, on a flexible rate (just in case).

You know it makes sense
Old May 2, 2005, 11:24 pm

Programs: HP Platinum,US CP, HH Diamond
hilton Property LAX

If the price is all the same, which would you recommend and why: ES North LAX, ES South El Segundo, or Hilton LAX?
Thanks!
Old May 3, 2005, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR Plat Premier, Nat'l Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond
ES South.

The Hilton LAX is a dump.

I've never stayed at the ES LAX North.

Good luck.
Old May 3, 2005, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Hazmike
ES South.

The Hilton LAX is a dump.

I've never stayed at the ES LAX North.

Good luck.
thats a little harsh. i think as far as domestic hiltons go, the hilton LAX aint that bad. i've seen worse ... hilton norfolk comes to mind. hilton raleigh isnt that fantastic either.
Old May 3, 2005, 3:48 pm

Hilton LAX Great for quiet sleep

The rooms @ Hilton LAX are hit or miss, but they have soundproof rooms and the thickest curtains I've ever seen. In order words, this jetlagged traveler was able to get a full night's sleep without plane noise or sunlight.

Exec lounge is good and fitness club is 24 Hour Fitness. It's free for Gold & Diamond, not Silver.
Old May 3, 2005, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
I've stayed at the LAX Hilton a couple of times the night before an early flight and it is definitely not that bad. The Lobby area and second floor function rooms are nice and modern and the rooms have the best soundproofing of any hotel I've ever stayed at.
Old May 3, 2005, 8:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
FWIW, I have stayed at the ES North several times and not been disappointed. Not a new property, but large, well-appointed rooms for an Embassy and consistent elite recognition. I alternate between it and the Marriott across the street on the basis of rate, after several less-than-satisfactory stays at the Hilton.
Old May 3, 2005, 9:30 pm

Programs: HP Platinum,US CP, HH Diamond
Smile wow a thumbs up for each property!

Thanks everyone, of course having no consensus, I am kinda where I was before! But thanks for the thoughts anyways!
Old May 4, 2005, 5:15 am

Programs: UA: MM
If you are renting a car, some of the lots (Avis for sure) are within walking distance of the ES North. I stayed there overnight before flying out and dropped off my car at Avis after I checked in. A short walk back saved me the parking fee and a days rental.

I also got a really nice front corner room that was very roomy and had a cool view of the landing path for the north runways. Lots of overseas 747s and they came in like clockwork. (No noise problems either, very quiet room.) I go for the ES North whenever I'm at LAX now.

FWIW

DLM

PS, if your a golfer, see the thread about wedges for stays...
Old May 4, 2005, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 2P; AAGold;HHonors Diamond
stay away from LAX Hilton

I've stayed at a lot of decent Hiltons in my day, and this one falls near the bottom. In a nutshell, it is old and dumpy. If you at all care about style and visual appeal of a hotel, stay away. Unless you need to be near the airport, my advice is stay anywhere else.
Old May 4, 2005, 6:20 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat, AA Gold, Priority Club Gold, WN Comp Pass, Hertz PC
Hilton LAX is getting better

Com'on, Hilton LAX isn't that bad anymore, in fact, I would prefer to go there now.

The place used to be a dump, but not any more.

They are remodelling the rooms and the new rooms are nice. The new beds rivals the Westin's Heavenly beds, IMHO, and I think the fabrics are even nicer than the Westin's. The new working chair is also very ergonomic and comfortable. The shower is always hot and with high water pressure. They also put in 25" new TVs.

If you are elite, go for level 13 or 14, there are free bottled waters in the rooms. Lower levels have $5(or is it $6.50?) a bottle Evians on the table. I've consumed one before they put on the price signs and was not charged.

Their lounge on the 16th floor is okay, with pastry/fruits breakfast in the morning and hot appetizer between 5 and 7pm. The only drawback is that beer is a whopping $7 a bottle, but all nonalcoholic beverages are free all day.

I've never stayed at the ES North or South, from what I hear the ES South is good, but I doubt the beds can be as comfortable as the new beds at Hilton LAX with the down comforters.
Old May 4, 2005, 6:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
My preference is the ES North - have stayed many times. Fast easy shuttle to the airport, friendly staff and good service, easy walk to car rentals, often priced lower than ES South and hit-or-miss LAX Hilton. I think a search will reveal some fans of a nearby HGI as well.
Old May 4, 2005, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
LAX Hilton...

Well, despite my complaint about the lack of action during a power loss (hotel's problem, not block wide), I still keep using this property. Primary reason is the corporate contract.....and as others said, it's not THAT bad, when you are housed in a renovated room (corner ones especially) and the lounge is OK.....

One thing to metion....the 24 hours next to the Hilton is now gone.....it moved up a few blocks next to the Crowne Plaza. The LAX Hilton has a temporary gym at the moment in the basement inside a conference room....not the best arrangement. The lack of a real health club made for a LOT of problems during the power loss, where I wasn't offered any place to shower!!!

Anyway, I've just stayed at this property last week, and don't expect to be overwhelmed.....the staff there is just.....indifferent...just like the hotel's Hong Kong owners......
Old May 4, 2005, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR Plat Premier, Nat'l Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond
Hey, maybe the property got a facelift. My Corp rate is $79 so I could be talked into giving it another shot.

But the last time was a nightmare.

I called the DD after the room I got was a dungeon & the FD staff was abominable.

The DD lit them up & they 'found' a suite for me.
Old May 5, 2005, 8:41 am

There is also a very nice DoubleTree LAX that I have used. Nice bar

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.