Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Old Nov 10, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Easy walk...not much shade, but only take about 30 minutes. Nice after a long flight. Just keep walking...once you get out of the airport, you'll be on Century Blvd. I find walking to all the hotels to be much quicker than waiting for a shuttle. Only take the ride if its raining out.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Walking between T2 and Hilton? How? I didnt think there even was a path. Regardless it's quite a far walk.
Its actually an easy walk. And you should probably get used to the elevators...theyre becoming the norm since they're much more energy-efficient. Really not that hard to figure out.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Its actually an easy walk.
Google Maps says it's a 33-40 minute walk from T4, 1.6-2.0 miles:

Old Nov 10, 2019, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
Google Maps says it's a 33-40 minute walk from T4, 1.6-2.0 miles:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/LAX+...33.9461767!3e2
Exactly. Very easy and flat.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Its actually an easy walk. And you should probably get used to the elevators...theyre becoming the norm since they're much more energy-efficient. Really not that hard to figure out.
Great to learn there's a path. I always thought they ended at the highway.

I have no issue myself with elevator. It's the fact very few places have them (hotel wise, this is only hotel in US I've heard of or someone at). The problem is people not knowing how to use them. As I stated, same issue with TSA automated bin systems. Work great when people know how to use it. I always like the shocked look when step around the idiots and go up to an empty slot to start loading my stuff.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 9:04 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Hilton Garden Inn / HGI LAX El Segundo

Just did a quick overnight stay here before an early flight out of LAX. We arrived late, there was a boisterous group at the bar, but check-in was efficient. Hotel has 3 floors and the hallways are VERY long, so our usual "away from the elevator" can be a bit of a hike! We were just there to sleep, so didn't use any of the amenities, but there is a pool, hot tub, and lounge area outside.

Had to return my rental car to National that night, but they only do airport pickups with the shuttle, and only til 11pm.

Only complaint was that the wifi was not working. Mentioned this at checkout and the agent said this is a recurrent problem.

Our 6:30am shuttle to the airport was on time and the driver was friendly. We made one stop at the Hyatt Place down the road, then onto the airport. Ran into some traffic at LAX due to the ongoing construction, so the ride probably took 15 min total.

Hope this is helpful! dstanhotelreport
Old Nov 19, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: UA LT Plat, 2.5mm, Hilton LTD, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Whatever
Hilton Hawaiian Village has had these elevators for a few years. Confusing the first time you're presented with them but then it's routine.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by dstan
Just did a quick overnight stay here before an early flight out of LAX. We arrived late, there was a boisterous group at the bar, but check-in was efficient. Hotel has 3 floors and the hallways are VERY long, so our usual "away from the elevator" can be a bit of a hike! We were just there to sleep, so didn't use any of the amenities, but there is a pool, hot tub, and lounge area outside.

Had to return my rental car to National that night, but they only do airport pickups with the shuttle, and only til 11pm.

Only complaint was that the wifi was not working. Mentioned this at checkout and the agent said this is a recurrent problem.

Our 6:30am shuttle to the airport was on time and the driver was friendly. We made one stop at the Hyatt Place down the road, then onto the airport. Ran into some traffic at LAX due to the ongoing construction, so the ride probably took 15 min total.

Hope this is helpful! dstanhotelreport
I agree about this hotel; pleasant stay, nice bar/outdoor area, but the wifi was atrocious and the fitness center could barely fit 3 people. Also, I showed up at 3 for a 3PM check in and my room wasn't ready (that I'd checked into on the app in advance) until 4. Kind of a pain.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by dstan
so our usual "away from the elevator" can be a bit of a hike!
Sort of a little off topic- I had a question regarding this. Common sense says to stay away from the elevators. But Ive found that some hotels if youre too far from the elevator the wi-fi can sometimes suck.

Last edited by NWplatinum; Nov 24, 2019 at 8:11 pm
Old Nov 25, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Exactly. Very easy and flat.
Just for clarification that's not the route you need to walk. I quite often walk to the Crowne Plaza or Hilton depending on bus times (you can track the shuttle buses for both online)
mcgahat likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Just for clarification that's not the route you need to walk. I quite often walk to the Crowne Plaza or Hilton depending on bus times (you can track the shuttle buses for both online)
I go straight up Century. Couldnt be easier.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Diamond benefits vs F&B vouchers at LAX properties

Advice please.

Diamond member. Planning to travel to US for the first time in 4 years.
Breakfast rules have changed for the worse since last time with removal of free breakfast for Diamonds and replaced with $12 or $15 per person voucher.

Scenario 1- Book property in California (main Hilton brand) as 1 person and second person stays for free. Do we get $15 or $30 for two people staying?
Scenario 2- Book same property with bed and breakfast option as 1 person with second person staying free. Is breakfast only provided for one or two?

Very confusing and couldn't find the answer easily.
Any help will be gratefully received.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 8:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Assuming there is a 2nd person you get 2 allowance ($30)or 2 breakfast free (option 2)in each scenario
Old Nov 28, 2021, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Assuming there is a 2nd person you get 2 allowance ($30)or 2 breakfast free (option 2)in each scenario
Thank you for your quick reply. Yes, there will be a second person. I have booked a breakfast inclusive deal for one (with the second person staying for free) since it is an airport hotel and so will use the $30 for dinner.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Dselvan
Thank you for your quick reply. Yes, there will be a second person. I have booked a breakfast inclusive deal for one (with the second person staying for free) since it is an airport hotel and so will use the $30 for dinner.
Just make sure the restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner...many properties aren't back to normal yet.
craig44485 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.