FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:45 pm
Mike Rivers

Originally Posted by VA1379
This hotel used to offer free parking, but I did a recent search for Hilton properties in the LAX area and noticed the symbol for free parking was gone. The hotel description still says free parking in the Hilton app, but they are charging $15 a day for parking.
Oh, my! Another menber of the "We're doing it because every other hotel is doing it" club. Given that they're right next to a Metro station, I can appreciate that they want to protect their parking lot for guests, but they could just issue parking permits and give a towing company the right to tow away cars without permits. But the real reason, I suspect, is that they just want more money because they can get it. I don't know how others feel about this, but for me, if I have just one night to kill before a flight, I'll turn in my rental car the night before and let them take me to the airport in their shuttle van . . . until they start charging for that, too.

I wonder if the Extended Stay down the street is going to be next. I often stay there when the Hilton Garden is in one of their high price modes.