Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 1:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
yes/no - depends on which month in the future you're at, the city you're looking at, the # of vacant rooms at the property now available to be booked, etc.

Originally Posted by CAlex
If you have been in the travel game long enough, you know that booking in November will hardly (or never) get you the best rate for a hotel, right?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Cymro
....is there anything I can do apart from either:

a. Show some patience; or
b. Book the rate from the discounter.
You can book a cancellable rate from Hilton. Then, check once a week or so for the rates from the discounter and from Hilton. If the hotel does not fill up, the discounter's price will remain available and the Hilton price may well come down. If it does fill up, you have a reservation. The only downside to this is that you might miss out on the difference between the discounter's price and the current Hilton price. If you book the discounter's price, though, you might miss out on the difference between it and a lower price offered by Hilton later. Life has few can't lose propositions.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
PM sent to OP that might help...
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Might want to consider the new Hampton Inn-LAX/Hawthorne, opening in February 2014. It's listed as being 3 miles from LAX, and will have free shuttle service to/from LAX.

Rates for March 5 are showing in the USD 120's. Not that great a rate, but better than the 180-ish at Hilton LAX or the Embassy Suites North or South.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 7:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Anyone know if the Hilton runs shuttles to Pasadena for the Rose Bowl on New Years Day?
Old Dec 23, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by 100% Green
Anyone know if the Hilton runs shuttles to Pasadena for the Rose Bowl on New Years Day?
Very unlikely. It's a looong way for a hotel service. You might better ask at the Pasadena end, and in TripAdvisor, if their destination experts know if there are buses running from LAX or can provide links to suchlike.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart
Might want to consider the new Hampton Inn-LAX/Hawthorne, opening in February 2014. It's listed as being 3 miles from LAX, and will have free shuttle service to/from LAX.

Rates for March 5 are showing in the USD 120's. Not that great a rate, but better than the 180-ish at Hilton LAX or the Embassy Suites North or South.
I personally know the people who are building and who will be working at this hotel. Don't count on it opening February 2nd as is listed on the Hilton website. It is still finishing construction, hasn't passed inspections, no staff is working in the hotel (well, they were but they aren't any more). Nobody currently knows when it will open.

This hotel will share an old 3 story parking garage of the former Cockatoo Inn. There are 3 other currently operating hotels that share that garage, a Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Inn and Candlewood Suites. They're all co-owned.

It will share van service with 4 other hotels, the three mentioned above and a La Quinta Inn in Inglewood which is close to a mile east of this hotel. All co-owned.

This hotel sits right on Imperial Highway on the north side (a very busy street) and backs right up to the parking garage on south side. The lower floors on the south side have no views except that of the parking garage wall (top 3 floors on the south side do have views). It will have an indoor pool. Rooms size is on the smaller side.

Hawthorne is an "iffy" area. At night, I wouldn't walk any further than the McDonald's (across the street) or El Pollo Loco which are within a block of the hotel. There are round the clock hotel employed security guards on the premisis of these hotels.

Last edited by CalItalian; Jan 20, 2014 at 10:46 am
Old Jan 30, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, National Executive, Alaska MVP
Recommendation for LAX?

I'm looking for a decent place to hang out by LAX to catch a morning flight. Any recommendation?
Old Jan 30, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
I frequently stay at the Doubletree El Segundo when taking AM flights out of LAX. They usually offer competitive rates and are close enough to be convenient but not right on top of the runway, so a bit quieter.

There doesn't seem to be much close by, but it really serves the purpose I need just for a good nights sleep before a morning flight.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 9:16 pm

Just stayed here. Had a 8:20 am flight and caught the shuttle at 7 am, no problems at all. EL starts serving breakfast at 6 am and selections, although cold, are decent.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by asherg
Just stayed here. Had a 8:20 am flight and caught the shuttle at 7 am, no problems at all. EL starts serving breakfast at 6 am and selections, although cold, are decent.
Is this for the DoubleTree El Segundo? This hotel is also a good choice for LAX and usually
has cheaper rates than the nearby HGI.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by mr27
Is this for the DoubleTree El Segundo? This hotel is also a good choice for LAX and usually
has cheaper rates than the nearby HGI.
No, LAX Hilton
Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold
LAX area hotels

I was looking at hotels near LAX on Friday May 23 for 1 night. When I first did my search I just entered LAX for the location and did not enter a date. I found 2 Embassy Suites that were close to the airport and priced at 30,000 per night. However, when I entered in the date that I wanted the price jumped up to 40,000 per night. Any ideas why this happened?

Also, if I book now and decide to cancel how far in advance do I need to cancel to get my points back? Is there any other fees when you cancel?

Thanks
Old Apr 20, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I'm seeing them both as 40k points so it may well be a glitch.

As for when you have to cancel - usually points reservations are on the same basis as the best available rate, which means cancellation by 4 p.m. local time on the day of travel. However this can change so you always need to check the rate details unless you would be happy with a fully prepaid rate.

Assuming it's the usual cancellation, there are no fees.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Probably just peak and off-peak pricing for a category 5 hotel.

Cancelling and full refund of points will depend upon the cancellation policy of the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.