Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2008, 9:05 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
South (El Segundo). No contest.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 6:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
And depending on how much time you have on Wed, the Flight Path Museum is across from ES South. Just cross the street at the light. Open 10am-3pm Tues-Sat. Right next to runway. Lots of flight/airline/memorabilia, and a DC-3 you can walk through. Doesn't really take more than 30 to peruse it all. Cheers.
Old May 21, 2008, 7:45 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Which room should I take at the Hilton LAX?

Originally Posted by freeupgrade
room 1614 at Hilton LAX has great views of departures and landings....
So I'm checking into the Hilton LAX on Thursday (tomorrow, 4/22). Online check-in has offered a variety of rooms on the 17th floor, all listed as an upgraded towers room. Room #1714 isn't listed (I'm assuming it would correspond with the recommended #1614 above), but the following are listed as choices:

*Room 1703
*Room 1711
*Room 1739
*Room 1751
*Room 1757
*Room 1759
*Room 1763
*Room 1765

Any suggestions/recommendations? Should I assume an even numbered room will be on the same side as the runway view (like #1614)? If so, it looks like I'm out of luck! I'll check back tomorrow and see if any choices have been added...

Old May 21, 2008, 9:39 pm

Programs: SPG, HH, AA, UA, BD, Hyatt, TYP
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
So I'm checking into the Hilton LAX on Thursday (tomorrow, 4/22). Online check-in has offered a variety of rooms on the 17th floor, all listed as an upgraded towers room. Room #1714 isn't listed (I'm assuming it would correspond with the recommended #1614 above), but the following are listed as choices:

*Room 1703
*Room 1711
*Room 1739
*Room 1751
*Room 1757
*Room 1759
*Room 1763
*Room 1765

Any suggestions/recommendations? Should I assume an even numbered room will be on the same side as the runway view (like #1614)? If so, it looks like I'm out of luck! I'll check back tomorrow and see if any choices have been added...
Jonathan,
I have always enjoyed 1751 or 1651. It's a corner room and it has a great view of the runways in my opinion. Leave one of them for me for Saturday evening or I'll get you!

Halothane
Old May 22, 2008, 2:23 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Embassy Suite LAX South has full view of runway. You can see planes taking off and landing without any obstacle from the bedroom and balcony. You have to ask for the rooms with runway view (front of the hotel). Between the hotel and the runway is W. Imeprial Hwy, and the traffic is not heavy at all.
Old May 22, 2008, 6:38 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by halothane
Jonathan,
I have always enjoyed 1751 or 1651. It's a corner room and it has a great view of the runways in my opinion. Leave one of them for me for Saturday evening or I'll get you!

Halothane
Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, this morning all the choices were changed to lower floors.

I think I'll wait until check-in tonight to see what's available...

Oh, and I'm leaving at 6a on Saturday for RIC, so don't blame me if they are taken!
Old Jun 3, 2008, 2:00 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
I had two bookings at the LAX Hilton but changed one of them to the HGI as this seemed to get better feedback here. Have stayed at the Hilton before and it was as I remembered - small room, dirty and dated bathroom and long queues for check in. The only good thing about this hotel are the views of the airport

The HGI isn't much further away, only 5-10 minutes on their shuttle bus. Our first room had a problem so we were moved to a suite with two Queen beds - very comfortable. Very friendly staff and seemed like a nice property. Only small gripe is that both the restaurant and room service finish at 10PM and as we arrived later than expected had to make do with food from the pantry. Will definitely be back again
Old Jun 19, 2008, 3:32 pm

Which is the cheapest Hilton per night - pref near LAX?

I'm looking to do a bit of mattress running with Hilton. Which of the Hilton brands hotels has the cheapest rate per night to count toward status? I travel a lot, so most places I could get to, but preferably near LAX and vicinity.

Thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2008, 3:40 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Search is your friend.

The Cheapest and Least-Expensive Hilton HHonors Properties in the World

Most expensive and cheapest Hilton
Old Jun 19, 2008, 3:57 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
No Hilton properties near LAX are cheap on weeknights.

Best you'll do on a weeknight is likely the Hampton Inn Torrance.

On weekends, often the Hilton Garden Inn El Segundo is cheapest of all the LAX properties; sometimes the Hampton Inn LAX.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 5:15 pm

Any of the Hamptons in the Inland Empire that aren't in the Palm Springs community. Also, I believe there might be some in the Central Valley, although avoid any near Sonoma (obviously, lol).
Old Jun 20, 2008, 5:11 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Doubletree SJC has weekend rates as low as $75-$80. Perfect place to use Red Cross certs.

I'm sure some of the info in those threads still rings true, but one hasn't been posted to in a year and the other two years.

IIRC, someone (lemex?) kept a current list in the MR forum way back when... but it may have been Starwood properties. I dunno now.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 9:33 am

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Two years ago I got a mid-week room for one night the Las Vegas Hilton for $39.

That's the lowest I've ever seen.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
If you're trying to obtain or maintain status, you could do mattress runs using Hilton points, staying at Opportunity Level hotels.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AS Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
I see from your profile you live near LAX. I travel to LA about 8x a year and agree with a lot of posters who indicate that all of the LAX hotels can be rather expensive on weeknights, especially during the summer. In my experience, hotel rates at the various Hilton properties can vary widely - sometimes the Hamptons are the cheapest and sometimes it's the ES brands.

If you travel inland a little bit (such as the Hilton properties in the San Gabriel valley), it can be a lot cheaper - particularly on weekends. Don't forget to stick in your AAA number (or other discount code that you might have) into the form before searching on the hilton.com site.

Last edited by Canarsie; Jul 14, 2008 at 3:16 pm Reason: Removed quote from now-deleted milepost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.