Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2006, 12:44 am
Suspended

Smile Hilton LAX or DoubleTree LAX????

Hi all,

I may be going to LA area and just wondered which was the better hotel. The Hilton LAX is around $115 and the Double Tree is $89. To be honest, I'm not really bothered about the price, just want to know, as a Hilton Gold, which is the better for the upgrades and which will be the better stay? There is also a ES for around $150 but I've never stayed at a ES so I got no idea what they are like.

What does everyone think?

Cheers
Old Mar 26, 2006, 3:08 am

Programs: HH Diamond, FB Plat
while i'm not familiar with the hilton lax, i've stayed at both the doubletree lax and the hgi lax... the hgi was basic but far cleaner and more comfortable than that doubletree dump.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I stayed at the Hilton LAX in June 2005 and staying there again in 3 weeks ( overnight)

Regular shuttle service to the terminals, I got upgraded to the executive floor with access to the lounge ( evening snacks and nreakfast ( although I did not have breakfast as I had to leave early for a flight).

Both a restaurant and a deli type place for eating.

Reasonable outdoor pool and good fitness center.

Room was comfortable with a good bed, nice blackout curtains and good soundproofing.

Of course being a LAX aiport hotel there is not much to do immediately outside the hotel.

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 26, 2006, 4:44 am

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
i ave stayed at the lax doubletree and thought it was pretty nice. breakfast was good but if you don't want that, you can adjust your points and get an extra 1000 points. rooms were nice. hgi was nice also.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 10:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Depending on length of stay, if you're at the LAX Hilton the 'Ocean Express' (free) shuttle runs along Century Blvd (where the hotel is located) & takes people to downtown Manhattan Beach, where there are a # of shops, bars & restaurants.

The Hilton Garden Inn & Doubletree normally get decent to good reviews, although there's not much around them either. I think the HGI shuttle also does runs to Manhattan Beach for its guests.

Cheers.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA PLT, USAir Gold
I am a big fan of the HGI. There is a Ralph Supermarket/Starbucks/Juice place on the corner - across from that is a little strip mall with a few restaurants - the Petit Cafe is very delicious middle-eastern/greek - with reasonable prices. The Doubletree is also nearby but a little further away from the airport. There is also a metro stop next door from the HGI. I like this for the convenience - when we stay there, either my boyfriend or myself are on business - if we only have one car, I'll have him drop me off somewhere (spa, shopping, etc.) - even if he gets tied up, I can go back to the hotel anytime I want.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 1:32 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Doing a search will reveal lots of pages and opinions on Hilton LAX (which many think is too old, dirty and lacking in upgrades, but OTOH others like it,) the Doubletree, the Embassy Suites South and North, the HGI LAX - El Segundo (which also is a test location for Hilton innovations, iirc,) or Hampton Inn.

Let us know which you choose and your experience, if you get a chance.

Cheers.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The formerly nice LAX HGI typically runs $149-$179 per room weekdays and about half of that on the weekends. Folks, it aint worth it but it is often fully booked. They do a big business in negotiated corp rates and that chews up a fair amount of rooms.

MisterNice

ps: if any one has a nice corp rate code please PM me
Old Mar 26, 2006, 9:21 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
I have always like the LAX Hilton. It is funny how mixed the review have been on that place though. I have always been upgraded to exec floor although never taken advantage of any of the benefits in the 10+ stays there. I thought is was a decent place to stay and one of the things I always liked best was the shuttle being relatively frequent. Always a big question mark on an airport hotel.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 1:32 am

Another Vote for the HGI.

At the DT, you pay for Internet. HGI, its free Never stayed at the Hilton so can't compare.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:32 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
My vote goes to DoubleTree, I dunno why anyone would refer to it as a dump! Of the 3 im sure its the newest and cleanest. As a HHonors Gold you'll be upgraded to a suite and given full breakfast coupons. Also parking is free and the area is much nicer than immediately around LAX.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:47 am

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
HGI. I'm not into flashy as I am more into "very clean". I believe that the LAX HGI is only one owned by Hilton to be used as a Demo for all potential HGI franchisee's.

I was also told there was some special rooms, although I've never seen them.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 6:50 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC Elite, Flying Blue Gold
Not stayed in the Doubletree, but have stayed in Hilton LAX three times and every time I wonder why I return...perhaps the rate was low compared to the other Hilton group hotels in the area. I disliked my stay every time - found the check in staff quite rude and room was grubby on every occasion. Was gold/diamond but never received an upgrade...although I never kicked up a fuss to ask for one either. Was always given such a small and grubby room so had to ask to change.

Stayed in HGI which was very much in contrast to the Hilton. Would highly recommend HGI.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 7:51 am

I have stayed at most of the Hilton LAX properties and the HGI is my fav as well. Nothing fancy, but clean and well appointed. Plus, its pretty close to the beach communities if you want to go out.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 8:29 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
I'll cast a vote for the DT. Very clean rooms with the sweet dreams beds and good breakfast provided. The era is very businessy but clean and safe, parking is free and is free internet in the little business centre at least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.