Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2009, 6:57 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by AirGorilla
Thanks for your reply. I will not have a car, so it appears that by walking I can access fast food from the ES North, but nothing from ES South. Does this pretty much sum it up?
Yes, you can walk to fast food within 10 minutes from the ES North, but not from ES South. The neighborhood's not very pedestrian friendly, though, so you may not want to base your choice on that issue.

For better eats, I agree with with PHLGovFlyer's suggestions. The sports bar at the Marriott is nice and is walkable from the ES North. Or get a restaurant recommendation at the front desk and take a 5-minute taxi ride from either hotel to better restaurants nearby. For the simplest option, don't overlook the full-service restaurant onsite at each ES hotel. The food at them isn't great, but it's adequate. And if you drink a bit too much with dinner, it's an easy walk back to your room.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
Ive stayed in all HHonors properties within LAX area... and id rate them in this order

1) Doubletree LAX
2)Hilton Garden Inn LAX
3) Hilton LAX
4) Hampton Inn LAX

I like the Doubletree best because of the beds, and the rooms are the most modern.
The HGI has the best breakfast
Hilton LAX has best HHonors priviliges (upgrade and exec lounge access)
Hampton is basic, but usually very cheap
Originally Posted by NJTraveler
Actually, I prefer either of the Embassy Suites LAX. They both have reasonable lounge/restaurants, and each would have a great rate for a Saturday night. Plus you can't beat the hospitality hour!
Any updated opinions? I'm sure all of these properties are quite different now from how they were then.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 8:15 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Stayed at the Hilton in May. Nice room, high floor. Very nice Diamond lounge.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 9:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It's not listed here in this thread, but there are two threads in the HGI El Segundo - shuttle near, and some interesting accommodations. Iirc this is where they trialled a number of HGI innovations...

My preferences are usually ES North, near the Hilton. The Hilton can be crowded and the vaunted upgrades, etc. variable.

Originally Posted by anabolism
Any updated opinions? I'm sure all of these properties are quite different now from how they were then.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
So:
  • The Doubletree has hot breakfast for Diamonds (a few posts referred to this), a pool that one can actually swim laps in, and of course the cookies.
  • The Hilton has a lounge, standard Continental breakfast, and is closest to the airport, but now shares its shuttle with the Sheraton Four Points, making it take longer to get to/from the airport.
  • The HGI has free Internet access in the rooms and a nice breakfast, plus is a "demo property" that may have better service or trials of new features.
  • The two Embassy Suites have the usual ES full breakfast, and much disagreement as to which is nicer.
  • Hampton Inn seems not to be talked about too much.

Did I get this right?
Old Sep 27, 2009, 10:17 am

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I like to stay at the Hilton. I request a room with a view of the runways. It's fun to watch the 'big boys' take off for Asia and Hawaii. There's also a Hertz desk in the hotel.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 10:29 am

IS there a parking fee for the Doubletree LAX?

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
Ive stayed in all HHonors properties within LAX area... and id rate them in this order

1) Doubletree LAX
2)Hilton Garden Inn LAX
3) Hilton LAX
4) Hampton Inn LAX

I like the Doubletree best because of the beds, and the rooms are the most modern.
The HGI has the best breakfast
Hilton LAX has best HHonors priviliges (upgrade and exec lounge access)
Hampton is basic, but usually very cheap
Old Sep 27, 2009, 7:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta and United Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by spacelucky
IS there a parking fee for the Doubletree LAX?
No - but the lot next to it is rather small.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
I stayed at the Hilton twice this year both on the executive floor. The rooms seem like they are from 20 years ago. The hotel does have a nice gym.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I still like the Hilton, but prefer the two Embassy Suites-es for the breakfast, when I'm still there.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 11:36 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Assuming you're not price-sensitive*, my order of preference is:
1. HGI ("University" if possible )
2. ES South (El Segundo)
3. Hilton
4. Hampton, although the Hampton has been refurbished and is much quieter than the Hilton if that's important.
5. ES North

* check out the rates anyway, at times they are pretty much equal.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Just stayed at the Hilton. Upgraded to room on top floor with lounge access. Room was absolutely nothing to write home about, although the bed was very comfortable. In fact, my room the night before at a new Hilton Garden Inn was much nicer. View wasn't great and VIP check-in took longer than the regular check-in line.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 3:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've stayed at both the Doubletree and the Hilton. I'm a big fan of the Hilton if someone else is paying but they are really big on the incidental costs (parking is $17 a day, the computer is the business center cost money etc.).

The Doubletree has a free business center but is a bit of a drive from LAX and I've not been very impressed with the hotel itself or the rooms either time I've stayed there. Though if I was paying, I'd probably be here.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sharklover
I stayed at the Hilton twice this year both on the executive floor. The rooms seem like they are from 20 years ago. The hotel does have a nice gym.
All the rooms are retro as nil upgrading over many years.

MisterNice
Old Nov 26, 2009, 3:57 pm

Programs: Independent
Are the shuttles for both of these hotels regular service, or do you have to call for them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.