Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
Careful! Points used to redeposit immediately, but since the IT "upgrades" were implemented at HH in November 2018, there have been reports of people having to chase points from cancelled bookings for weeks...
Correct. I just request points to be redeposited last week. it took about 3 or 4 business days to arrive.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:34 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by senatorbrown
So if I'm understanding correctly, you have two nights currently booked with points. the signup bonus will get you enough for a third night. If I might make one suggestion. If you took advantage of Hilton's current promotion, they are selling points with a 100% bonus. For $480, you would get 96,000 points - enough for one free night. That would be your 4th night. And since Hilton gives elites the fifth night free, you'd be basically getting two extra nights for $480. Of course, it might be less - since I'm sure you'll have some points left over from your Aspire sign up bonus. Anyway, just wanted to point that out in case you hadn't thought about it!
I did not think you could combine pts nights with cc free nights to get 5th night free. My understanding was you need 4x points nights in order to get 5th night free. Is there some loophole I am missing?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by soy
I did not think you could combine pts nights with cc free nights to get 5th night free. My understanding was you need 4x points nights in order to get 5th night free. Is there some loophole I am missing?
No. You are correct. You need enough points for 4 nights to get the 5th free. Can can of course use your free weekend night vouchers in addition.

TD
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Originally Posted by bmrisko
I currently have 10 nights booked on points in a WV. Due to some scheduling changes with flights, I need to shorten this to 8 nights. However it appears no WVs are available when re-booking and I don't want to book into a standard beach villa. We were considering upgrading from the OV to a DBV anyways (as we have already done WVs in Bora Bora), so I don't want to have to pay more to go from BV to DBV instead of WV to DBV.

Would speaking with the property or Hilton directly get me anywhere or are they going to tell me to cancel and re-book into a BV? Called Hilton and they were absolutely 0 help whatsoever and basically said sorry, hotel is almost sold out, we can't modify your stay.
As you probably booked the 5th night free, 10 nights will cost you the same as 8 nights, not sure if you will shorten your stay at end or beginning of your trip.
Contact the hotel and let them know about your arrival/departure dates. They suggest to book additional nights to secure early check in/late check out.
Rangali will also get money for a 10 nights, instead of 8 nights from Hilton.

Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; United Silver
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt

As you probably booked the 5th night free, 10 nights will cost you the same as 8 nights, not sure if you will shorten your stay at end or beginning of your trip.
Contact the hotel and let them know about your arrival/departure dates. They suggest to book additional nights to secure early check in/late check out.
Rangali will also get money for a 10 nights, instead of 8 nights from Hilton.

8 nights would cost 95K less. He still qualifies for one 5th night free.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
No, every 5th night free.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
No, every 5th night free.
To get every 5th night free you need to book 4 nights. So 8 night on points + 2 Free = 10

He can only stay 8 now. 4 nights points + 1 free = 5. He needs to book 3 more nights on points to get to eight.

So a total of 7 nights of points for an eight day stay. You need 8 Points nights for a 10 day stay. Thus 95K savings.

Thanks to @tom for the advivce though. We have a 10 day booked and need to adjust to a 9. Was kind of bummed about “losing” a free night. Great idea to use that free night for the day before we arrive. So when we do arrive our room will already be ready!

TD

Old Jan 26, 2019, 1:09 pm

Fair point about just getting 95k back. At the end of the day, 95k is not a huge deal if I lose out, I just don't want to be penalized if I leave early (which I assume I should be able to work out with the property directly ahead of arrival). Our flight from MLE is at 15:30, so not sure we would necessarily need to guarantee a late checkout on the final day. Also, I need to shorten the stay at the end, not the beginning.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 1:38 pm

Fair point about just getting 95k back. At the end of the day, 95k is not a huge deal if I lose out, I just don't want to be penalized if I leave early (which I assume I should be able to work out with the property directly ahead of arrival). Our flight from MLE is at 15:30, so not sure we would necessarily need to guarantee a late checkout on the final day. Also, I need to shorten the stay at the end, not the beginning.
You can call the Hilton 800# to make the change. I often find that maddening. I prefer to use the chat feature on Hilton.com. They can make the change for you, usually in a couple minutes.

TD
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

You can call the Hilton 800# to make the change. I often find that maddening. I prefer to use the chat feature on Hilton.com. They can make the change for you, usually in a couple minutes.

TD
No luck with the 800# or chat just now...said they are unable to shorten the reservation (even though I am well within the modification period). I will just call the property directly once it is later in the day there and the reservation office opens. This is becoming an exercise in futility.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:07 pm

No luck with the 800# or chat just now...said they are unable to shorten the reservation (even though I am well within the modification period). I will just call the property directly once it is later in the day there and the reservation office opens. This is becoming an exercise in futility.
Try chat again. I just had them change two reservations (two different chat sessions). They changed both reservations for the Conrad Maldives. Both were to shorten the stay. One from the check-in day. One from the check-out. Under 5 minutes for both.

Did they say why they could not make the change?

TD
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:11 pm

Here is the transcript...

Hilton: I'll connect you with an agent who can help.
Jonathan (19:35:07 GMT) : Hi, this is Jonathan. I see you were chatting with our Virtual Assistant. Thank you for your patience as I review your conversation to see how I can help.

Visitor (19:35:23 GMT) : Thanks.
Jonathan (19:35:38 GMT) : Hello, am I chatting with David?
Visitor (19:35:43 GMT) : Yes
Jonathan (19:36:10 GMT) : Hi David, I see you want to modify the booking, right?
Visitor (19:36:24 GMT) : Correct
Visitor (19:36:49 GMT) : The 17-27. Need to adjust to 19-26 checkout.
Jonathan (19:37:04 GMT) : Sure, it will be 7 nights then, right?
Visitor (19:37:16 GMT) : Yes.
Jonathan (19:37:29 GMT) : Sure, may I ask your e-mail address?
Visitor (19:37:45 GMT) : Should just need points for 6. [email protected]
Jonathan (19:37:59 GMT) : Okay, it will be all points booking, right?
Visitor (19:38:42 GMT) : Correct. Current reservation is all points now. So I assume the extra points will post back to the account.
Jonathan (19:39:05 GMT) : Exactly, you are correct, they will be back. Making the changes now.
Visitor (19:39:13 GMT) : Thank you.
Jonathan (19:39:43 GMT) : It is done, new check in date is 19th and check out date is 26.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by JRV62
Booked all our excursions for our April trip, they are still giving the $50 credit per person for prebooking the Whale snorkeling tour, so $150 pp instead of $200pp.
I did not know this was an option. What other excursions/activities can you pre-book and receive a credit?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Try chat again. I just had them change two reservations (two different chat sessions). They changed both reservations for the Conrad Maldives. Both were to shorten the stay. One from the check-in day. One from the check-out. Under 5 minutes for both.

Did they say why they could not make the change?

TD

They said because the water villa is no longer available when trying to re-book. I do not know why this would matter when shortening a reservation. Are you booked into a water villa or beach villa on points?

EDIT: Tried chat again and no dice...same story. This is asinine...can agents just not shorten existing stays without having to totally re-book? This is apparently an issue when the existing room type is no longer available for new bookings.

Last edited by bmrisko; Jan 26, 2019 at 5:25 pm
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:33 pm

They said because the water villa is no longer available when trying to re-book. I do not know why this would matter when shortening a reservation. Are you booked into a water villa or beach villa on points?
They tried to book another reservation, as opposed to shortening your existing one. That works OK if there is available award space AND you have enough points in your account to make the new reservation. With the water villa sold, or oversold, that might not have been an option.

Another option is canceling your old reservation first, then rebooking your new one. Current issues with points not going immediately back (I had no issue) you don’t want them to do that. If they are over-sold on Points/Free nights the canceled nights might not have gone back in to available inventory.

Good news is you just got someone who did not know what they were doing. Try chat again. They can shorten your existing reservation. They may just need to reach out to someone on their team to help them.

Another option would be to email the hotel directly. Ask them to help adjust the reservation. I hate doing that because it will take a few days to get it all done trading emails back and forth.

TD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.