Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: HY DIA, HI Gold, M Plat, SPG Gold, AC Plat
Which email address is the best one to send arrival information and to ask for upgrades? I sent one to the reservation email, but hadn't heard back. I'm curious if one is better than the other. We are arriving in about two weeks, so I want to make sure I at least get a confirmation from someone at the hotel. I figure if I don't hear anything in the next couple of days I will just give them a call.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dettmann1
Which email address is the best one to send arrival information and to ask for upgrades? I sent one to the reservation email, but hadn't heard back. I'm curious if one is better than the other. We are arriving in about two weeks, so I want to make sure I at least get a confirmation from someone at the hotel. I figure if I don't hear anything in the next couple of days I will just give them a call.
I used [email protected] recently and had a reply within a day.

Maybe used the reservation number in the subject line along with a request to make sure it is seen. I usually just forward the reservation confirmation.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:22 am

Most definitely the one @SponsorSFC metioned and as he said, you sould put the reservation number in there. That will get you a much faster response and your mail won't be diverted into their trash folder.
If you don't receive a reply within 48hours I suggest calling them or emailing again.

Originally Posted by algen
I got $216 per night inclusive of taxes and service quoted about two weeks ago when I snapped the last RWV (with all SWV and DWV taken as well) for Oct 24-29 (they didn't mention anything about diamond discount)
That's $175 before taxes. Nice! Can you let me know whether that was BV >> RWV or WV >> RWV, then I'll add the data into the wiki. Thanks.
FEI, they don't always mention that you have a Diamond discount when offering upgrade prices.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
That's $175 before taxes. Nice! Can you let me know whether that was BV >> RWV or WV >> RWV, then I'll add the data into the wiki. Thanks.
FEI, they don't always mention that you have a Diamond discount when offering upgrade prices.
It was 200 for WV-->DBV, 216 for WV-->RWV and 336 for WV-->DWV (which was unavailable by the time i had a chance to reply) inclusive of taxes
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:17 pm

$336 WV-DWB is a solid deal. I was quoted over $500 for the same upgrade for the following week.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:19 am

So I got pricing for upgrades for an upcoming stay. I was offered the following:
WV to SWV - $95 w/ taxes
WV to DBV - $142 w/ taxes
WV to RWV - $330 w/taxes
WV to DWV - $612 w/taxes

We plan on upgrading to a better water villa, so my question is, is the Retreat Water Villa worth the additional over the superior water villa? I think the big thing for my wife is seeing fish and being completely over the water which the base water villa doesn't seem to really have. Do you get that with the Superior water villa or do you have to go to the retreat water villa to get that?

Also, it looks like the seaplane transfer went up in price. They are telling me its $590 r/t now, not sure if that's a recent change.

In the benefits they mentioned they did not mention the Happy hour from 5-6 PM. Has that officially gone away or is that not typically listed with the benefits?

And one final question, is their any benefit between Gold and Diamond status with Hilton for the stay? I've got gold now, but received a pretty good upgrade offer to my Hilton CC to the Ascend card and if there is a difference in benefits, I'd probably pull the trigger on it.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 11:43 am

So I got pricing for upgrades for an upcoming stay. I was offered the following:
WV to SWV - $95 w/ taxes
WV to DBV - $142 w/ taxes
WV to RWV - $330 w/taxes
WV to DWV - $612 w/taxes
Could you please post rates before taxes. Makes it easier to add them to the wiki (as the wiki is all in that format).
Second, please let me know what dates your booking is for so I can add the rates you have posted into the correct year & season. Thanks.

We plan on upgrading to a better water villa, so my question is, is the Retreat Water Villa worth the additional over the superior water villa? I think the big thing for my wife is seeing fish and being completely over the water which the base water villa doesn't seem to really have. Do you get that with the Superior water villa or do you have to go to the retreat water villa to get that?
The base WVs are all over water, just that the sunrise side ones have no coral nearby so practically zero marine life. Lots of differences with the 2 categories (SWV and RWV). Take a look at the floor plans and size and note which face the sunrise / sunset, which way the beds face etc if you want to get into the nitty gritty of it. If you want my opinion I'd have to say SWV but it comes down to personal preference as the differences are many and not every aspect appeals to everyone. The reason I'd take a SWV over the RWV is you're guaranteed a sunset view and an unobstructed view of only the ocean from the sea-facing bed. For me this seals the deal.

Also, it looks like the seaplane transfer went up in price. They are telling me its $590 r/t now, not sure if that's a recent change.
TMA has just recently increased prices, and to all the resorts if I'm not mistaken.

In the benefits they mentioned they did not mention the Happy hour from 5-6 PM. Has that officially gone away or is that not typically listed with the benefits?
Normal.

And one final question, is their any benefit between Gold and Diamond status with Hilton for the stay? I've got gold now, but received a pretty good upgrade offer to my Hilton CC to the Ascend card and if there is a difference in benefits, I'd probably pull the trigger on it.
Everything is listed in the wiki.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:34 pm

Could you please post rates before taxes. Makes it easier to add them to the wiki (as the wiki is all in that format).
Second, please let me know what dates your booking is for so I can add the rates you have posted into the correct year & season. Thanks.
Rates provided were as follows:
Upgrade from Water Villa to Superior Water Villa US$ 76.50 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa US$ 114.75 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa US$ 267.75 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa US$ 496.75 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

This was for the week of Nov 4, 2018, so just over a week from now

The base WVs are all over water, just that the sunrise side ones have no coral nearby so practically zero marine life. Lots of differences with the 2 categories (SWV and RWV). Take a look at the floor plans and size and note which face the sunrise / sunset, which way the beds face etc if you want to get into the nitty gritty of it. If you want my opinion I'd have to say SWV but it comes down to personal preference as the differences are many and not every aspect appeals to everyone. The reason I'd take a SWV over the RWV is you're guaranteed a sunset view and an unobstructed view of only the ocean from the sea-facing bed. For me this seals the deal.
Is there any coral around the SWV? Or does that require the upgrade to the RWV?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:47 pm

Interesting review of one of the SunWVs on TA just a few days ago: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...li_Island.html
It looks like they may not be providing the speedboat services and butler like they used to. The reviewer said there was no butler and makes no mention of the speedboat service (although he might just have wanted the buggy). Can anyone confirm.

And I updated the wiki. Most interesting point here is the Conrad's (Hilton's) website now says that completion of the DBV renovations is due on 10 December, 2018.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by joytatee
We used 4 $50 Hilton gift cards in January 2018 with no problem at Conrad Maldives.
Is the final bill in USD so there would be no need to convert the gift card to USD and we can just use it in the USD currency?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:59 pm

Hi all! Just wanted to thank everyone here for all of the helpful info in the wiki. I'm reading through the entire thread and looking up some reviews on youtube. I just booked my stay last night and I am super excited! I will be there for 9 nights next year in a water villa. Hopefully the weather will be okay since I am there mid May. I can deal with a few days of rain (perfect time for the spa), but I'm hoping it won't rain everyday... Time to book my seaplane.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by algen
It was 200 for WV-->DBV, 216 for WV-->RWV and 336 for WV-->DWV (which was unavailable by the time i had a chance to reply) inclusive of taxes

Rates provided were as follows:
Upgrade from Water Villa to Superior Water Villa US$ 76.50 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa US$ 114.75 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa US$ 267.75 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

Upgrade from Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa US$ 496.75 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

This was for the week of Nov 4, 2018, so just over a week from now
Thanks for the clarifications, guys.

Is there any coral around the SWV? Or does that require the upgrade to the RWV?
Yes, there is plenty of coral very close to the SWVs (while only a few very small patches around the RWVs). Just remember that the vast majority of the coral is dead all over the Maldives and that includes Rangali. However on the bright side you have much more sealife that comes to feed on the algae that is growing on the dead coral.
If you are considering this as a factor, read my Water Depth Around Over Water Villas post.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Is the final bill in USD so there would be no need to convert the gift card to USD and we can just use it in the USD currency?
Yes, everything is billed in USD.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Yup. Enjoy your stay in paradise!
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:18 pm

Perfect! Thank you @goliath @MaldivesFreak Time to buy some gift cards and figure out how much I'll need. This is very exciting! Never thought I'd be able to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.