Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Off topic, but figured it would be of interest to most. WA construction is coming along nicely.

Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by StephenW
Off topic, but figured it would be of interest to most. WA construction is coming along nicely.
I saw this resort under construction on the flight back to Malé, and I had wondered which one it was.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by StephenW
They had a job-fair this week to recruit for all the openings, so I assume opening date may be quite soon. If they open before my trip in mid-Feb to CMRI I may try to switch to WA just to try out something (very) new
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:00 pm

One advantage is that the two properties are very close together, making for a convenient speedboat-only transfer between them.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Sep 9, 2018 at 2:11 pm Reason: Damn typos
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Very close together? The distance is about 85km - compared to the 25km between the WA and MLE or the 110km between the Conrad and MLE.

I don't know if it has been discussed here alreaday, but we should soon have a third Hilton option in the Maldives:

SAii Lagoon Maldives, Curio Collection by Hilton - only 10km from MLE, scheduled to open "early 2019".
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Beds / Mattress

Bit of an odd one - but hoping someone on here can give me a steer (or someone out there can figure it out)!

There’s just something about the mattresses out there that works for me. I’ve no doubt there’s better ones (and that not everyone might like these ones), but I’m keen to find out exactly what the ones out there are...

The missus told me she’d taken a picture of the label for me while we were out there a couple of weeks ago - but when I asked her for it, what she’d actually taken a picture of was a simple label that literally only read, “slumberland, made exclusively for Conrad”, which wasn’t terribly helpful (and neither were slumberland when I emailed them to ask if they could help).

I appreciate the label means that precise one isn’t for sale to the public, but I’m assuming it’s likely to be a derivative of one they do sell to the public. So I wondered if anyone had any idea what the general spec of it might be?

(I’ve seen the Hilton for home site, but I’m assuming those aren’t the same as the Conrad ones - and even if they are I’ve still not a clue which one is the same basic nature as the ones on Rangali).

Anyone got any ideas?

Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
Very close together? The distance is about 85km
Sorry, I was a bit vague. I meant within the Hilton brand. Considering the length of the country and considering the Hilton Iru Fushi was somewhere in the vicinity of 250km from Rangali, WA < > Conrad is not too far at all.

Originally Posted by Splotly
There’s just something about the mattresses out there that works for me. I’ve no doubt there’s better ones (and that not everyone might like these ones), but I’m keen to find out exactly what the ones out there are.

Anyone got any ideas?

For that kind of info you'd be better off emailing the housekeeping department. PM me and I'll give you the email address of the Executive Housekeeper.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:18 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
We've just booked 5 days in the Water Villa over Christmas with points (I am Gold). I do have a few questions:
1. We're flying over from Bangalore (combining this with a trip to India) so would arrive at 3:45pm. Would it be better to arrive the day before and sleep in Male so that we have a bit more time the first day? Neither me nor my gf wake up early so we'd prefer in that case if we could ask them not to schedule the flight too early.
2. When should we start doing a reservation at the ithaa? We'd love to have a dinner there.
3. We'd love to try the deluxe beach villa for 2 days but would prefer to know how much the upgrade from Water Villa is about? Don't want to ask the hotel and then decide not to because it's too expensive for us.
4. Based on what I read there's very little advantage of becoming diamond for this trip right? (I could easily do the status challenge for diamond since I have status with other hotels)

Thanks
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by milgom
We've just booked 5 days in the Water Villa over Christmas with points (I am Gold). I do have a few questions:
1. We're flying over from Bangalore (combining this with a trip to India) so would arrive at 3:45pm. Would it be better to arrive the day before and sleep in Male so that we have a bit more time the first day? Neither me nor my gf wake up early so we'd prefer in that case if we could ask them not to schedule the flight too early.
2. When should we start doing a reservation at the ithaa? We'd love to have a dinner there.
3. We'd love to try the deluxe beach villa for 2 days but would prefer to know how much the upgrade from Water Villa is about? Don't want to ask the hotel and then decide not to because it's too expensive for us.
4. Based on what I read there's very little advantage of becoming diamond for this trip right? (I could easily do the status challenge for diamond since I have status with other hotels)

Thanks
1. Most definitely. You won't regret it.
2. As per the wiki, 2 weeks out.
3. See the wiki for rates then email them for exact rates.
4. Yes, not really a big difference.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:22 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
I'd tend to agree with the night in Malé upon arrival. I imagine a 3:45 pm arrival time might be too late for a seaplane transfer to the resort, which is part of the experience in my opinion. However, it's not like one of later flights where you wouldn't be rolling in until midnight or later. There also isn't a huge time adjustment or jet lag coming from Bangalore, so it comes down to a matter of personal preference.

If Mrs. Majuki and I make it back that way with a late afternoon or evening arrival we'll probably opt for the night in Malé again. Coming from the US, we did one night in Hong Kong and one night in Malé, which helped us break the trip into manageable segments. We requested an afternoon seaplane flight to the resort - the hotel doesn't reserve times for the seaplane, but it doesn't hurt to state a preference - and we were accommodated in the afternoon. This allowed us to sleep in at our hotel in Malé, have a leisurely breakfast, walk around Malé for a bit, visit the National Museum, and freshen up before heading back over to the airport around 3 pm. (We had a 24-hour room rate at Hotel Jen.)

Neither of us is typically a morning person either, but we were waking up super early the week we were there, which worked well for us while at the resort.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
3. See the wiki for rates then email them for exact rates.
Thanks for the answers! So I will stay one night in Malé before

I did see the wiki but the rates seems to be listed as $80 - $551 and well, I'd be fine with the lower end of that range but not with the upper end...
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Expect the upgrade to DBV during Christmas to be very expensive, as the resort will be fully booked and many families with small children staying there, who might prefer not to stay overwater!
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by milgom

There's no shame at all in asking for all the upgrade rates and then deciding not to upgrade.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:58 am

Has anyone done a review of the PWV? I saw some previous comments saying privacy is an issue because of how close the 2 PWV are to each other. It seemed like the consensus has been the DWV is the better option. I'm curious if there's a writeup about the PWV from anyone who has stayed in one.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by captainamerica
Has anyone done a review of the PWV? I saw some previous comments saying privacy is an issue because of how close the 2 PWV are to each other. It seemed like the consensus has been the DWV is the better option. I'm curious if there's a writeup about the PWV from anyone who has stayed in one.
Assuming PWV means Premier Water Villa? If so, we’ve stayed in them many times (but always the one nearest the Sunset Water Villas if that makes any difference to you) - so I’d hope to be able to answer most things that might interest you about them (interestingly privacy is quite a good question given you’d intuitively think it might not be given what they are.) What are you keen to know?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.