Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
I'm not sure if the spa will still do this, but a few years ago we stayed at the Conrad and had 4 or 5 couples spa days during our stay - the spa manager gave us I believe a 20% discount due to our multiple services. Doesn't hurt to ask.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:19 pm

I have the choice between a 6:10 AM arrival or 2:00 PM arrival to MLE.
What advantages are there to arrive earlier? I would imagine that our room will not be ready until 2 PM.
What amenities does the hotel allow one to use before check-in?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
That (6:10 am) sounds like a perfect arrival time! Can I ask what flight that is or where you are flying from?
good timing as you can get an earlier flight to Conrad without having to stay overnight in MLE.

other than access to your room you have access to everything else.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Braswch
That (6:10 am) sounds like a perfect arrival time! Can I ask what flight that is or where you are flying from?
good timing as you can get an earlier flight to Conrad without having to stay overnight in MLE.

other than access to your room you have access to everything else.
I'm flying from Dallas, TX to London.
We are spending the day in London to break up the flights and then flying Etihad from London to Abu Dhabi to Male.
Etihad has two flights to Male from Abu Dhabi.
One leaves at 12:45 AM and arrives at 6:10 AM into Male
The second leaves at 8:40 AM and arrives at 2:00 PM into Male.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:00 pm

6.10am arrival. Even if your room isn't ready (and they'll try to make it happen), you'll have the whole day at the resort. Pack swimwear and a few items you'll want on the beach in your handluggage (or in a packing cube at the top of your suitcase) so you can put your luggage in storage and have what you need to enjoy the morning to hand.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by CDO
Is there any benefit to order massages through the seaplane lounge with the masseuse lady? She claims you get an extra 30 mins but I thought as a Diamond you get that nonetheless?
As per the wiki. "As a Diamond benefit you receive an additional 15 minutes extra to any single spa treatment (treatment has to be 1 hour or longer)", so it's not 30min extra.
The last I heard was that you get an additional 15min onto every treatment booked while at the Lounge although this may have changed. The benefits are cumulative.

Originally Posted by j.cerda
I have the choice between a 6:10 AM arrival or 2:00 PM arrival to MLE.
What advantages are there to arrive earlier? I would imagine that our room will not be ready until 2 PM.
6:10 is perfect. Check out this post for the reasons why.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Resort time is an hour later than Male time. If you land in Male at 6:10, it's possible your seaplane will leave at 8 a.m. And it may be a one hour seaplane journey if the plane stops at another resort first. So you might arrive at the resort at 10 a.m. and not have all that long to wait for a room.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:33 am

Been out of range a few days, so this is a late reply, but I have been to the resort by myself, twice, for a total of 12 nights.
I've been to multiple resorts and hotels by myself, in similar locales, and noticed no particular difference myself.
i would be more than happy to do it again. Time still goes quite quickly MF, my day was normally AM Yoga, gym, breakfast, dive or snorkel, gym, dinner, bed.
Couldnt complain and will be able to compare to going with someone next year
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
And it may be a one hour seaplane journey if the plane stops at another resort first.
Seaplane from MLE to CR will take either 30 or 45 minutes.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Seaplane from MLE to CR will take either 30 or 45 minutes.
Well, I took two seaplane journeys last month, both stopped at another resort between the Conrad and the airport, both trips took about an hour.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:04 am

Noted.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:37 am

For what it's worth, I don't recall getting any chocolate when I stayed last month. Four pieces of fruit in room, sparkling wine, no chocolate. I wonder if the chocolate has been discontinued for everyone or maybe the hotel thinks I'm already too fat.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:55 am

No chocs, huh. That's a first. What's your BMI?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:28 am

All - considering first-ever visit, as part of Sri Lanka holiday. I've familiarized myself with the wiki, I'm reasonably active on Flyertalk though mostly related to flights, not hotels. I'd appreciate any input, allow me to be brief:

1) Family of four, teens are 15/18 yrs old, youngest loves to snorkel, eldest certified diver. Mom & Dad both Diamonds. Originating in JFK, so will be fairly tired on arrival.
2) Late June visit, arriving Wednesday around 1500 (MLE) and departing Saturday 1800. Plan is to seaplane.
3) Thinking Family Water Villa.
4) Goal is to chill, dive/snorkel, relax, eat, jetski, basically just enjoy the novelty of the resort. Once we get to Sri Lanka we'll be pretty heavily on the go, so point of Maldives is to do a lot of nothing.
5) Question on rates - the prepay rate at the moment is $1,116 on a full pre-pay, inclusive of breakfast (for everyone? not sure). However, I'm reluctant to commit as my eldest may have a conflict which would cause the trip to postpone. But we should know by mid-December. Any thoughts on whether the pre-pay might still be available then? Or are pre-pays generally only available, say, 9 months in advance, meaning it would be available in December for June travel?
6) Any other input is appreciated. We are all adventurous eaters, so no challenges there.

Thanks in advance, and best to all - Jamie
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:54 am

Hi Jamie.

For your family, a FWV would indeed be the best choice. However, if your eldest can't make it then are you going to choose an OWV or would a BV be OK?
A couple of questions first off.
You are only staying 3 nights?
The pre-paid rate is a non-cancelable rate advertised on Hilton's/ the Conrad's website, correct? If so, don't worry as those rates are available even at a month out.

If your villa has an occupancy of 4 as standard (which the FWV does), then that applies to 4 persons staying in the room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.