Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:18 pm

thank you guys, if anyone else has any experience and can provide upgrade cost and timing of the upgrade it would help a lot
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:13 am

Here are a few additional reviews that may be of interest. Per usual please let me know if you notice any errors, confusing language, etc!

Hilton Gold and Diamond Benefits: A recap of Atoll and Vilu Breakfasts, Mandhoo Tea, and Vilu Happy Hour
Conrad Maldives Airport Lounge and Seaplane Ride
Cocktails at Ithaa

Also, yes, I had a commenter say "what did you expect from Ithaa?" but I really guess I did expect more of a WOW after all the great reviews. But nothing is for everyone!

I posted these a few weeks ago here as well and made some corrections after feedback from MaldivesFreak and alanslegal.

Beach Villa Review
Deluxe Beach Villa Review
Superior Water Villa Review
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver, hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
The quote I received for upgrades

Beach Villa to Water Villa USD294.00
Beach Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa USD368.00
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by seandr
The quote I received for upgrades

Beach Villa to Water Villa USD294.00
Beach Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa USD368.00
Hi Seandr,
How many months before arrival did you ask for the upgrade?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:30 pm

Is it possible to use a Hilton gift card to cover misc expenses @ the Conrad? Specifically, would it work to pay for the seaplane and room upgrades?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:56 pm

deleted...
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by MJJW1985
Hi Seandr,
How many months before arrival did you ask for the upgrade?
I received an email from one sales agent after changing me reservation to late Feb
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:44 pm

Hello Guys,

Below is the quote we get from the reservation email, and we going to be there less than a month. We never been in Hilton Maldives before, so what do your guys suggest to upgrade in our case? I want to upgrade at least 2 night. But I am not sure which room category is worth to go for? If anyone stay at this place a few time, please chime in your advice? Water Villa? Retreat Water Villa? or go all the way to Deluxe Water Villa? thank you!

Beach Villa to Water Villa US$ 250
Beach Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa US$ 300
Beach Villa to Superior Water Villa US$ 300
Beach Villa to Retreat Water Villa US$ 450
Beach Villa to Deluxe Water Villa US$ 550
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by roadbird
Is it possible to use a Hilton gift card to cover misc expenses @ the Conrad? Specifically, would it work to pay for the seaplane and room upgrades?
I tried, I wanted to pay for food bill, they said gift card doesn't work at their resort.

Last edited by Fly2Where; Oct 20, 2017 at 11:03 pm
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by newdaybegin
Hello Guys,

Below is the quote we get from the reservation email, and we going to be there less than a month. We never been in Hilton Maldives before, so what do your guys suggest to upgrade in our case? I want to upgrade at least 2 night. But I am not sure which room category is worth to go for? If anyone stay at this place a few time, please chime in your advice? Water Villa? Retreat Water Villa? or go all the way to Deluxe Water Villa? thank you!

Not sure what your status is. I am considering my personal experience as a Diamond visiting this resort three times and my conversations with many other guests while there. You may get a free upgrade to the Water Villa, Deluxe Beach Villa or Retreat Water Villa as a Diamond. Not a sure thing though. If you desire a specific Villa type then by all means pay the upgrade but try to negotiate a better rate. Know that if you do pay for an upgrade you will be flagged as a “sucker” and in subsequent visits will less likely get free upgrades.

You have likely lessened your chances of a free upgrade by emailing and asking. A good strategy might be to pay for the two nights at the beginning of the stay and cross your fingers you aren’t moved.

Not sure your length of visit but another strategy is bookending a paid upgrade of one or two nights at a Deluxe Beach Villa with one or two nights of a Retreat Water Villa at the end leaving you with a likely upgrade of one of these two categories in between. The move is very easy and gives you two totally different experiences.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by nattino
Beach Villa to Water Villa - USD175+ taxes per night
Beach Villa to Superior Water Villa - USD245+ taxes per night
Beach Villa to Retreat Water Villa - USD385+ taxes per night
Beach Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - USD700+ taxes per night
Beach Villa to Premier Water Villa - USD980+ taxes per night
Beach Villa to Junior Beach Suite - USD1,260+ taxes per night
Beach Villa to Sunset Water Villa - USD2,520+ taxes per night
Data point: Emailed Conrad to be matched to the rate above (BV to SWV) and was successful! (Previous negotiated rate was $350 inclusive of taxes). A little surprised given that we only requested to upgrade two nights in late Feb.

Also in the email the seaplane cost was quoted as $500++. Not sure if the new rate will be applied on arrival or we will get the grandfathered rate of $500++.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
finally adjusted to US east coast time after an amazing 5 day stay. I can see now how 5 days is not enough. Had an amazing time - we scored a free DBV for the first two nights of our stay before moving over to a SWV on a paid upgrade for the last three nights. like others wrote before me, I strongly recommend splitting the time in a beach room and an overwater room.

The resort was as good as advertised, the staff was amazing, the breakfast/tea/happy hour were very generous and made it easy to not overspend on food. even though the reef is bleached, there is tons of great sea-life to see when snorkeling. great trip - and it was great to meet goliath down there as well!

I made a couple of small edits to the wiki - I added that Ithaa is now open for (paid) breakfast and indicated that the quiet zone pool is now open after the minor reservations

Hope you all have as great a time as we did on your trips!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
oh btw, a friend of mine made a reservation and told me that his confirmation noted the sea plane transfer cost $560 INCLUSIVE of tax (which would be the same price as $500 not including 12% tax). this matches what the Conrad website quotes, and what I paid on my stay. so I am thinking that the price hasn't changed, just the way its presented has.

also, there is no service charge on the flight
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Paid $560 all-in last week.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by newdaybegin
Hello Guys,

Go for a SWV. Much better value for money than the standard WVs and ony $50++ more per night. We've been to Rangali 5 times with 2 of those including upgrades to SWVs. Make your decision about a SWV quick though because there are only 12 and they get booked quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.