Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Surfers Paradise {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:26 am

Points Redemption Query

Hi

Hope you can help, I have points for a free stay here but am concerned the “standard” room will be one where you hear all the noise from the bars and clubs

Does anyone have knowledge that this is the case. (I currently have a deluxe room booked which is cancellable and appears to be on a higher floor.

we are “young” 67/68 so late night clubs are not our thing although we do like an atmosphere when out and about - for context.

TIA
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:15 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
It’s been quite a while since I have stayed there but from memory the tower with the hotel rooms is closest to the night club strip while the residents tower is not, however noise is an issue in both.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 10:36 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by Vascv
Hi

Hope you can help, I have points for a free stay here but am concerned the “standard” room will be one where you hear all the noise from the bars and clubs

Does anyone have knowledge that this is the case. (I currently have a deluxe room booked which is cancellable and appears to be on a higher floor.

we are “young” 67/68 so late night clubs are not our thing although we do like an atmosphere when out and about - for context.

TIA
If you want a quite room, be sure to book/ request (in order of quietness):

1. Residences, city view.

2. Residences, high floor ocean view.

3. Hotel - rooms 1/2 or 12-14 on each floor. These are at the rear of the hotel (NW and SW corners and avoid nearly all of the nighclub/ street noise.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 10:44 pm
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by markis10
It’s been quite a while since I have stayed there but from memory the tower with the hotel rooms is closest to the night club strip while the residents tower is not, however noise is an issue in both.
Have you asked on Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF)? Not to say that there’s not useful information available on FT, but AFF is a bit more Oz-centric.

https://www.australianfrequentflyer....18502/page-494
Old Apr 25, 2024, 11:26 pm

Many thanks, I have submitted a request for a quiet room (mentioning the room numbers above). They have said they will try to accommodate (not guaranteed) even though I am a rewards booking.

fingers crossed it all works out as I understand “schoolies” will have just finished (check in 1 Dec).

also appreciate the link to AFF, I’ve never visited the site before but a must read now as I am visiting a few Hilton’s in Australia on my first trip from the UK.
DC9 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.