Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Surfers Paradise {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2007, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QC, QF, Avis Preferred, BW Crown Club, Priority Club
Arrow Hilton Surfers Paradise {AUS}

The long awaited announcement has been made. The Gold Coast is to get a Hilton!

http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/...-27977,00.html

THE Glitter Strip is about to get even more flash, with the development of the Gold Coast's first Hilton hotel.

Prominent developer Jim Raptis will knock down the landmark Dolphin Arcade in central Surfers Paradise to build the $700 million, twin-tower project.

It will be the first international hotel for Surfers in two decades after a room glut created by the 1980s Japanese development boom and a rash of new apartment projects.

"The creation of Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel and Residences is the next step in reshaping Surfers Paradise from a traditional tourist town to a metropolitan, urban-chic beach city," Mr Raptis said.

"Hilton is a very important brand to have on the Gold Coast because it's an international brand.

The Hilton project will boast two towers – one 57 storeys and the other 32 storeys – with 170 hotel rooms and 340 apartments.

Gold Coast-based Raptis also owns or part-owns the Sheraton Mirage, Holiday Inn and the Gold Coast International hotels.

Robert Scullin, vice-president of Hilton Hotels Australasia, said the Gold Coast had "done a lot of things to put itself on the map internationally".

The Surfers Paradise Hilton is expected to open in 2010.

Old Jul 3, 2010, 11:49 pm

Programs: SQ *G, QF S, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Advantage Platinum
Any idea when the new Surfers Paradise Hilton is going to open? It still isn't listed on the Hilton website
Old Jul 4, 2010, 6:20 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
I was at Surfers Paradise at the start of January 2010 and noticed the building plot for the Hilton - the building hadn't started (had signs around saying coming soon), however no walls built.

As such, it may be a while longer yet.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 7:54 pm

Bookable now.

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hote...ences/index.do

With a Complimentary upgrade to a 2 Bedroom Deluxe Residence with Ocean Views.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 4:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
About Time

Long overdue. Would like to see on in Victoria Canada sometime too. Perhaps we need to make a thread of locations we would like to see Hilton open hotels.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:59 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Hilton Surfers paradise (QLD , AUSTRALIA)

So I'm booked for two weeks in this hotel/residences in a deluxe two bedroom apartment in September . When I made the booking I was told everything operating late august as it's a new property .
Calling recently to confirm my arrival was told the hotel won't be completed until late september now and as a gold I wanted access to the executive club lounge and breakfast.
I was told that wasn't going to be possible but will receive 1,000 bonus points. I was wondering if that is per stay or per night. Also I'm comparing the breakfast all day soft drinks Tea coffee pre dinnner drinks canapés I would much prefer than a lousy 1,000 points.
I'm there on holidays not business and wanted to enjoy this new resort that was voted the best on the gold coast in Australia.
So I'm wondering if I should ask for Something in compensation as I'm missing a lot of my benefits and don't want 1,000 or even 14,000 for a two week stay.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:00 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Do Diamond members booking a residence get executive club access in the hotel?
Old Dec 23, 2011, 3:01 am

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Going to use this thread to post my review (Couldn't find a better existing thread, please move is necessary).

The full review and pics available on my blog. Summary as follow:

* Booked a one bedroom apartment in the "residence" part of the hotel.
* As Gold member, allowed early check-in at 6am, upgraded to a 2 bedroom apartment, access to the executive lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails. Had to sign up for in-room internet and was taken off the bill without prompting.
* Rooms were new, clean and modern.
* Location is in the heart of Surfer's Paradise and a 5 minute walk to the beach.

Highly recommend this Hilton!!
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:51 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
I stayed at this new property last night.

Checkin: The staff are somewhat inexperienced, uniforms reflect the....informal nature of the destination. I waited around 5 minutes to checkin (two agents on the desk), close to 10 minutes to checkout this morning (no express checkout envelope was provided overnight). Much room for improvement.

This inexperience extended to the housekeeping staff - when I ordered a pair of foam pillows (because those I had pre-ordered were not in the room, although this often happens in Australia with room upgrades) a dude arrived with 3 extra towels. They were quickly replaced by the pillows I had requested - but a waste of both my time and his.

HH Recognition & Guestroom: Upgraded to a "Relaxation Suite" from the cheapest online booking (circa AU$210 for a Deluxe Room). King Bed, panoramic ocean view, separate bathroom suite - much like the Relaxation Suites at the SYD Hilton (Deep central bath, separate shower and toilet alcoves). All the usual guff in the room, massive plasma hanging off one wall. Welcome gift was a bucket of ice with 4 beers (two Boags Lite, 2 Fat Yak - nice). Two complimentary water bottles were also provided and Executive Lounge evening drinks & Canapes went from 18:00 - 20:00. Great stuff. The room was, however NOISY. Massive noise pollution from Orchard avenue below - despite the 10th floor location. Double-glazing would be a very welcome modification to the building design. Note that this affliction is likely peculiar to the Hotel Tower - the Residnece/ Apartment tower is set well back from the busiest street sections and many rooms are higher up. The Hotel peaks at 15 levels.

Facilities: Good selection of pools - a 40m outdoor lap pool (more shade would be nice - very exposed), indoor heated 20m pool and spa, and several plunge & kids pools scattered around. Saltwater pools so great for those with a chlorine aversion.

Food: In-room dining selection was pretty broad, my dinner was slow (45 minutes from ordering) but decent enough - comparable to the Brisbane or Adelaide Hiltons. Good wine selection by both the glass and bottle, excellent and (for a hotel) very broad selection of beers. Breakfast in the Exec Lounge was also above-average. Far superior to the BNE Hilton and on par with Sydney. A very large lounge - twice the size of Sydney with great views.

A decent enough hotel and certainly worthy of the brand - if staying with children I STRONGLY recommend opting for the apartments over the hotel rooms.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 1:39 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Thanks for the review - just to clarify, the website brings up two hotels for Gold Coast, the Hilton and the more expensive Hilton Residences. These are really the same hotel?

And, you were upgraded from one to the other?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:21 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Residences are apartments for long-term/ family stays - self-catering, internal laundry, but with access to all hotel facilities (exec lounge, room service, etc) - two separate towers for the apartments and the hotel, but all the one complex.

The upgrade was from a hotel room to a hotel "suite" - same tower.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 5:13 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
The Hotel side has some apartments and the newer side is all residences. I have stayed in both sides. The problem with the older building was the exe lounge is on the other side of the complex so for canapés you had to go down the lift to the lobby and then across and then back up the other side. I agreed with the pools need more shade . There is also what I found a nice plunge pool by the bar for kids but seems to be adults only as we were told.

I booked 3 times now a one bedroom apartment residences and have been upgraded to a two bedroom deluxe ocean view . Very nice upgrade that was as a gold and a diamond member.

I'm heading up in a few weeks will take some photo's and report back.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 5:20 am

Just stayed in the Orchid Tower in 3 bedroom ocean view appartment on the top most possible floor (45th - the few floors above are privtae penthouse residences). I can highly recommend this appartemt. No noise as its insanely high up. Ask for the South facing appartment. View is just breathtaking. Appartment well appointed and superbly clean and unscuffed so far. I understand post modern and simple design but the lobby of this Hilton lets the property down terribly. The Fix bar is a must to see the Gold Coast girls on full display. Got free buffet bfast as Gold.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Just stayed at this hotel. was given a nice room with ocean view under the club on 14th floor.
the club is convenient and the staff extremely helpful and friendly. there is a mac for guest use and the drinks are self serve.
as diamond got breakfast in salt or club lounge
. I was thinking SALT would be like glass but all dark wood and very cafateria like.
the poached eggs were perfect though. I would stay here again $15 to self park.

Last edited by aussielori; Oct 24, 2012 at 11:19 pm
Old Nov 7, 2012, 4:11 am

Programs: QFF Platinum (56% LTS), Europcar Privilege Elite VIP
Hey Guys,

I'm looking at booking a short stay (3 nights using the 30% off promo) next week. What do you reckon my chances of getting an upgrade are? (HHonors Gold), just going to book the standard room.

Also, what is the hotels policy on HHonors Gold and Exec lounge? do you have to be staying on an exec floor to have access?

From comments made about this hotel, it seems very relaxed and generous regarding upgrades etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.