Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Surfers Paradise {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2018, 3:16 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chongcao
Thanks. Reading the review here it seems the main hotel has more noise due to the fact that hotel occupies floor 14 and below. So are you saying the residence has more noise? Thank you for your input! Have not considered Voco due to vague elite benefit.
I have had noise every time I have stayed there regardless of room booked, I just think it’s poorly built. Voco has few elite benefits but having just stayed there loved it, rooms are nicely refurbished, and the breakfast was of a very high quality food wise, it’s good value points wise at present.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Happy new year all!

I'm thinking of booking Surfers Paradise Residence apartments for a few nights in Feb.

Does anyone have recent experience of getting Diamond benefits on staying in the Residences?
I stayed a few years ago and got lounge access and breakfast each morning... but would be good to hear if this is still the case.

Thanks!
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:02 pm

I'd check the AFF thread:

https://www.australianfrequentflyer....1#post-1874971

There have been a couple of people staying in the Residences in 2018, but I don't remember the last post where someone confirmed that they got lounge access.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Anyone know if they have Hilton Grand Vacations Club presentations onsite? If so, what would the incentive be for a tour (a few thousand points)? Or should I call and enquire about a potential 2-3 night package?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by RafKa
Anyone know if they have Hilton Grand Vacations Club presentations onsite? If so, what would the incentive be for a tour (a few thousand points)? Or should I call and enquire about a potential 2-3 night package?
The property is due to change hands in May, and it’s not clear what the future of Hilton is with this property moving forward.
RafKa likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Entry level rooms for gotten and residences are exactly the same price for my dates (1 night stay later this month, before heading to the Sheraton for 5 nights).

All things being equal, am I right to assume the residence would be best (travelling with a toddler)? I understand as a Diamond I would get lounge access and full buffet breakfast for an upcharge I'd staying at either, is that right?

I've also got a flex booking at the Novotel which comes in at half the price including breakfast, so I'm in two minds on whether it's worth staying at the Hilton, given the mixed reviews...

Last edited by RafKa; Mar 12, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:36 pm

I would look at the Marriott for a night for possibly similar money, the Novotel is an old courtyard property. If you do stay at the Hilton, there should be no issues with lounge access if a residences guest, apart from the somewhat lengthy walk from the other tower and the extra noise some of the residences rooms get facing west.
RafKa likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by markis10
I would look at the Marriott for a night for possibly similar money, the Novotel is an old courtyard property. If you do stay at the Hilton, there should be no issues with lounge access if a residences guest, apart from the somewhat lengthy walk from the other tower and the extra noise some of the residences rooms get facing west.
Thanks for the helpful info. I'm mostly considering the Hilton as I need all the stays I can get this year to retain Diamond, as it's going to be a slow traveling year for me. Barring that I'd probably rather save some money by going Novotel and not sacrificing on the location.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:10 am

Final question: if I stay one night at the hotel and the following night at the residences, would that count as two separate stays?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
So if switching between the hotel and residence, it will be considered as separate stays, correct?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:35 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
It's the same reception desk and booking system so I don't think so, but not 100% sure.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:21 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Ausriver
So if switching between the hotel and residence, it will be considered as separate stays, correct?
In my experience, when there are two different properties listed on hilton.com it counts as two different stays. I have not tested it at this specific location however but I would bet it will be 2 stays.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by RafKa
Final question: if I stay one night at the hotel and the following night at the residences, would that count as two separate stays?
I can confirm they posted separately.

On a separate note, I had a very nice stay here. Awesome location, great Diamond benefits. I was offered an upgrade to a 2BR Deluxe Oceanview at the residences for $30 which I took, an in exchange for waived the $20 parking charge for the night... It was on floor 32 (top floor) of the Boulevard tower and I found it great. Got lounge access and full buffet breakfast at Catch. It says $10 upcharge Pier person bit I wasn't charged on either night.
camsean and FlyerTalker688786 like this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by markis10

The property is due to change hands in May, and it’s not clear what the future of Hilton is with this property moving forward.
Hi markis10, do you have any further news about changing hands of the Hilton Property?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by chongcao
Hi markis10, do you have any further news about changing hands of the Hilton Property?
Property was sold and new owner is aiming to get more rooms into the letting pool first. He did appear to be an Accor and Rydges fan, with most of his hotels under those brands of management. But recently added the four points Sydney to his ownership and also holds the CP Hunter Valley as well, so perhaps branding is not something of too much importance to him if it’s already established. Current ownership: Rydges World Square, Rydges Central Sydney, Hotel Ibis World Square, Hotel Ibis King Street Wharf, Mercure Hotel Canberra, Mercure Hotel Sydney, Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains, Victoria Hotel Melbourne, Rydges Newcastle, Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, Novotel Newcastle, Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour and the new Four Points by Sheraton at Sydney Central Park.

https://www.accomnews.com.au/2019/05...d-from-hilton/

i suspect the Hilton will stay as such under that brand while rooms are improved etc
FlyerTalker688786 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.