Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Surfers Paradise {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
I believe that $10 upcharge is only for ppl who are only entitled to continental breakfast in the lounge.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 8:03 am
Suspended

Anyone have any feedback on a recent stay here? Am considering going end of Nov/start of Dec....also, how is the Gold Coast that time of year? Worth 4/5 nights to relax?

Is there a difference between the residence and the main hotel, or are they both connected? Same room types etc?

Am a diamond, but outside of Asia that doesn't really mean much anymore.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

^
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Anyone have any feedback on a recent stay here? Am considering going end of Nov/start of Dec....also, how is the Gold Coast that time of year? Worth 4/5 nights to relax?

Is there a difference between the residence and the main hotel, or are they both connected? Same room types etc?

Am a diamond, but outside of Asia that doesn't really mean much anymore.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

^
YMMV, but I honestly didn't find a whole lot to do and 4-5 days there is pretty excessive unless you purely want to live in the water.

The room types are different. Hotel vs apartment layout. Any benefits you talk will be in the hotel tower.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SgtRyan
I have stayed for 1 night at the hotel and 1 night at the residence in March. They are 2 towers sharing the same lobby. I thought the residences' hard product was vastly superior (1, 2, 3 bedroom apartments with lounge/kitchen and washer/dryer). On one of the nights the price of a hotel room the same as a 1BDR so I thought I'd give it a go. At check-in they said no complimentary upgrades, but they could offer a 2BDR for an extra AU$60 and would waive my parking charges of AU$30 so it seemed like a no-brainer.

Contrary to other people here, I was granted full breakfast and lounge access while staying at the residence. Both were great.

The location is perfect for restaurants and partying.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Hilton Surfers Paradise

Just finished a 3 night paid stay as a diamond. Booked lowest level room and upgraded on the app the day before to an executive room. Actually got further upgraded to a suite mostly because we arrived early, they sent us to the lounge, then sort of forgot about us.

The views are very good. The rooms are worn. The furniture is designer and very uncomfortable.

The location is really quite good. In the middle of all the “action”, both good and bad. Arrival from the airport on the SkyBus was cheap, fast, and easy. Departure to the Brisbane Hilton was cheap and easy by taking the tram out the back door to the last stop and changing to the train.

The lounge is closing today. It is on the 15th floor with good views. They say that it will be converted to new rooms. A new lounge with outside seating available will be finished on the second floor the end of Dec19. In the meantime, brekkie and drinks will be in the restaurant area.

the residences seem to be the top two thirds of the hotel tower, like floors 16-66 (?). The other tower is all residences.

Last edited by pretzlaff; Aug 17, 2019 at 5:38 pm
Old Aug 17, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
You can walk between the towers either outside across the second floor level where the pools are, or you can go out toward the back door behind reception and just before you leave the building there is a set of elevators for the other tower. The indoor pool is up those elevators.

Moving the lounge to the spa area on level 2 will make access from the residences far easier.

All in all, a good stay. We will be back. This time of year the weather is very nice and cool, also there are no crowds.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Couple questions....as we are considering this hotel in March for a few days, family of 4, two kids 7 & 10.

1) Why are there no points rooms available for a family of four? Only 1 king or two twin rooms. WTH? How do I go about booking a room that would suit us?

2) If choosing the residences, the $250 Aspire credit will not apply, correct? What about Diamond Bennie's incl breakfast?

Thx!
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:09 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Couple questions....as we are considering this hotel in March for a few days, family of 4, two kids 7 & 10.

1) Why are there no points rooms available for a family of four? Only 1 king or two twin rooms. WTH? How do I go about booking a room that would suit us?

2) If choosing the residences, the $250 Aspire credit will not apply, correct? What about Diamond Bennie's incl breakfast?
It looks like the max occupancy is 3 people in all rooms at the Hilton. The Residences is doing something funny with points, as their lowest category of room, the 1 bedrooms apts do fit 4 people but they are not available on points. So I think if you want to book online direct, you'd have to either book 2 rooms at the Hilton, or a 2 bedrooms apt at the Residences (at the "premium" points rate).

According to recent posts in this thread, the Residences has the same front desk and booking system as the Hilton, which seems to indicate that charges from either would be put through as coming from the same merchant. Thus Amex wouldn't be able to tell them apart and should apply the resort credit for either property.

Recent posts in this thread also mention the diamond benefits at the Residences.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.

Thx!
At one point (probably no longer) I was the most frequently staying guest at this hotel.

1) Contact the hotel directly and ask about award availability on the dates that you want.

2) No idea as I don't do Amex. Diamond benefits including breakfast and lounge access apply in the residences.

It's a great location for a family stay, especially using the residences.

If staying in the hotel rooms, the quietest rooms are numbered 01-03 and 11+ - away from the street noise at the front of the hotel.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:51 pm

If I book a room on pts at the Residences for my family of four, which room type should I target to have the best opportunity of a nice view? Looks like the lowest level pts room is the two bedroom residence.
Accordingly, how is this place in terms of Diamond upgrades? Is a one level upgrade common?
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
If I book a room on pts at the Residences for my family of four, which room type should I target to have the best opportunity of a nice view? Looks like the lowest level pts room is the two bedroom residence.
Accordingly, how is this place in terms of Diamond upgrades? Is a one level upgrade common?
Generally speaking, it's poor value booking Residences on points as you will be charged a premium room redemption and cash rates are quite reasonable.

As a Diamond, I wouldn't expect an upgrade beyond a high floor, within the same category you have booked.

Last year I booked a 1BDR and was offered at check in an upgrade to a 2BDR for AU$60, and something like AU$90-120 for the 3 BDR. The 2BDR was gorgeous and extremely spacious. Well worth the money.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 8:08 am

It's my understanding that the hotel rooms are on the lower floors of both buildings, with the apts occupying the upper floors, correct? Any advantage to being in one building vs the other?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 12:32 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
It's my understanding that the hotel rooms are on the lower floors of both buildings, with the apts occupying the upper floors, correct? Any advantage to being in one building vs the other?
The hotel rooms are in the east tower (Orchid) which is the tallest building and shares it’s occupancy with private dwellings above the floors where to hotel rooms are located, the residences are in both towers (presumably covering some rooms that were not in the selling pool). Both towers can get street noise although the easterly tower is more likely to hear the larrikins from the bar precinct in the early hours of the morning on weekends.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 3:24 pm

When I stayed at the residences, I was allocated a 2BDR suite on the top floor (31st?) of the Boulevard Tower. This meant an extra 1 min walk from the lobby. Views were great and no discernible noise from the balcony.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 4:09 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The hotel is to be avoided at all costs. While the finishes are nicer than the apartments, the bars directly below can be heard from the top floor until 3AM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.