Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Surfers Paradise {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2020, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by m0hamed
The hotel is to be avoided at all costs. While the finishes are nicer than the apartments, the bars directly below can be heard from the top floor until 3AM.
Thats disconcerting. Guess I'll go for the Residences then, even though it will be a haul to the lounge.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 9:38 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Thats disconcerting. Guess I'll go for the Residences then, even though it will be a haul to the lounge.
It’s not that bad. Will take 5 mins max.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:31 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
It’s not that bad. Will take 5 mins max.
Probably less given the lounge is now 2nd floor if its opened?
Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:54 am

OK, wondering if anyone out there is in the situation I am in with the Hilton Surfers + Residences? I made a reservation back in January at the Residences for my family, 3 nights one room, on points. After that point, it appears the Residences and Hotel have combined together in Hilton's system, so now you can book at either location from a single point of entry (Hilton S.P. and Residences) instead of one or the other. At any rate, I changed my plans after this 'consolidation', and wanted to cancel my 3 night point stay at the Residences. I did so online, and NO points came back to my account after the cancellation. I waited a day and checked again, still nothing. 204k pts to be exact. After 3 calls now, and almost 3 weeks of waiting, Hilton still has not credited the points back to me. I am trying to make another booking at a different hotel and need some of those points, but am in a holding pattern.

What gives here? Why can Hilton not just drop the points in my account? Do I have any recourse?
Old Feb 22, 2020, 8:33 am
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
This doesn’t really seem to be a Hilton Surfers Paradise issue. Have you taken this up with the Diamond Desk? Is that what you mean?

[email protected]

Phone: 877-444-9847

Or try [email protected] for the FT Hilton rep. That may be a better way to go if nothing else works.

Last edited by DC9; Feb 22, 2020 at 9:12 am
Old Feb 22, 2020, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by DC9
This doesn’t really seem to be a Hilton Surfers Paradise issue. Have you taken this up with the Diamond Desk? Is that what you mean?

[email protected]

Phone: 877-444-9847

Or try [email protected] for the FT Hilton rep. That may be a better way to go if nothing else works.
Yes sorry I should have been more clear. Have been working with the Diamond desk, thats where my calls went. Points have been held hostage for 3 weeks now. I may try the Hilton Rep on here if it is not resolved by Mon/Tues.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Yes sorry I should have been more clear. Have been working with the Diamond desk, thats where my calls went. Points have been held hostage for 3 weeks now. I may try the Hilton Rep on here if it is not resolved by Mon/Tues.
I've had several situations where points weren't credited, and it has sometimes taken months to get it fixed. I'd call the Diamond Desk, the agent would spend 20 minutes researching and verifying that I was due the points, but was unable to actually credit them, the agent could only "open a ticket" to a different group that has the power to fix it. I'd be promised a resolution within ten business days. I'd wait three weeks, then call back, no response to ticket. New agent would research it for 20 minutes, verify I was due the points, open a new ticket or "escalate" the old one, rinse and repeat. Emails to the Diamond Desk seemed to sometimes work, in the sense that eventually I'd get the points.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 8:00 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
The hotel is to be avoided at all costs. While the finishes are nicer than the apartments, the bars directly below can be heard from the top floor until 3AM.
Only for the Eastern-most rooms with water views. Pro tip - unless you specifically request otherwise, this hotel will always "upgrade" elites to one of the "Ocean View" rooms or suites, which cop all of the noise.

I have in my profile to only be assigned rooms numbered 1-2 or 12-14. No noise dramas, these are on the NW and SW corners of the hotel.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 6:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Just had a fantastic stay , upgraded to an ocean view suite , lounge is operating from the 1st floor restaurant at the moment ( Buffett breakfast for diamond members served from here as well ). Wonderful friendly staff .
Old May 13, 2021, 8:03 am

Hello all, just wondering if anyone have been staying in this hotel lately? I ready a news passage suggesting that the hotel was going thru a $9 million upgrade, including the conversion of the executive lounge on Level 15 into a few more executive rooms and build a ‘new lounge’ elsewhere.

Does anyone know if the new lounge has been completed and where is it?

Thank you!
Old Feb 20, 2022, 11:38 am

Looks like the $9m renovation is complete? Mentioned in a press release after the 7th Feb 2022: https://hiltonsurfersparadise.com.au/latest-news/

Looks like lobby has been refurbed, and new executive club lounge. Anyone been?

Also I have a question. As a Diamond member, if I book a 2-bedroom residence suite for 4 adults, do we all get complimentary Diamond breakfast? And is it only at the Executive Club lounge or at the main restaurant?
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I am here now. The new executive lounge looks very nice and has some (but definitely not all) of the same dishes as the first floor buffet. Service staff are excellent and the lounge is open all day.

Residences elevators can be very very slow.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Originally Posted by boonkoh
Looks like the $9m renovation is complete? Mentioned in a press release after the 7th Feb 2022: https://hiltonsurfersparadise.com.au/latest-news/

Looks like lobby has been refurbed, and new executive club lounge. Anyone been?

Also I have a question. As a Diamond member, if I book a 2-bedroom residence suite for 4 adults, do we all get complimentary Diamond breakfast? And is it only at the Executive Club lounge or at the main restaurant?
We are staying here this month. I booked a 2-bedrrom residence suite and I had the same question (we are 3 guests). Got this reply from the hotel.As a values Hilton Honors Diamond member, you will be receiving complimentary Executive Lounge access and full buffet breakfast for yourself and up to one additional guest, total two guest.

Additional person may access the Executive Lounge with additional $79 per day.

Should the 3rd person wish to upgrade daily breakfast from continental breakfast from Executive Lounge to full buffet, additional $15 per meal will apply.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 8:51 pm

Programs: whatever it takes
considering a stay here next year with a cert. Hilton Diamond.

So, reading about this noise issue - is that only on weekends?

Reading some reviews and replies, and they will happily place you in a more quiet area...so that's a plus. But ideally would get a quiet ocean view room.

Is the hotel still offering an upgrade to a 2BR Ocean View residence for 60AUD? I see only the 2BR residences have ocean views. The 1BR are all city.

What room category does the cert book into? Just the standard guest room?

thanks
Old Dec 22, 2022, 2:25 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EqualOpp
considering a stay here next year with a cert. Hilton Diamond.

So, reading about this noise issue - is that only on weekends?

Reading some reviews and replies, and they will happily place you in a more quiet area...so that's a plus. But ideally would get a quiet ocean view room.

Is the hotel still offering an upgrade to a 2BR Ocean View residence for 60AUD? I see only the 2BR residences have ocean views. The 1BR are all city.

What room category does the cert book into? Just the standard guest room?

thanks
The nightclubs and strip bars operate every day....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.