Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in India {IND}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in India {IND}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2004, 6:21 pm

Husband heard Oberoi Towers in Mumbai had become the Hilton Towers Mumbai. He is booked there the end of March. Guess we will not be getting Hilton Points.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 11:01 am

Programs: AA, UA
Has anyone used the award stays at India properties (Agra, and Jaipur)

I was trying the web award booking for the Agra and Jaipur Hiltns in India and it comes back with no availability any time - has anyone reddemed Hilton awards for these properties - and any feedback on them - I am not sure as they show as Cat 1 properties.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by smumbo123
I was trying the web award booking for the Agra and Jaipur Hiltns in India and it comes back with no availability any time - has anyone reddemed Hilton awards for these properties - and any feedback on them - I am not sure as they show as Cat 1 properties.
I would call Hilton. The Hilton affiliates in India only became part of the Hilton family a few months back so it's possible that the hotels have not loaded any award availability at all still.
Old Aug 5, 2004, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Silver, *Wood Gold, Marriott Silver
I would be very interested in hearing about anyone's stays at any of the new India properties. Any of them!

- Truly
Old Aug 5, 2004, 12:18 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I ditto Truly's request.
Old Aug 5, 2004, 12:29 pm

What hotels did Hilton take over in Agra and Jaipur? I just tried a search on the Hilton webpage for those two cities and it didn't find any. I'm curious what hotels they have and what reward code they might fit.
Old Aug 5, 2004, 12:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jimmac
What hotels did Hilton take over in Agra and Jaipur? I just tried a search on the Hilton webpage for those two cities and it didn't find any. I'm curious what hotels they have and what reward code they might fit.
Hiltons in India... here.

Just try doing a search in "India" not limiting it to towns and it will pull up all the Indian Hiltons (total of 8 Hiltons in India).
Old Aug 5, 2004, 5:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jimmac
Tridents. Some were at least partially owned/managed by the Oberois and certain former princes.

The Oberoi Towers Bombay now Hilton Towers Mumbai is ok, but there are better places to stay there too. No gripes about it during it's older days.

The Hilton in the Delhi-area is outside of Delhi and may be good for people visiting some tech-oriented companies, but for general work it's out of the way.

Allegedly, the Trident in Udaipur is a good second choice there and people have not been disappointed.

Last edited by GUWonder; Aug 5, 2004 at 6:02 pm
Old Aug 6, 2004, 7:54 am

I've been doing a bit of research and it seems that in most of these cities, the Hilton property is a bit overpriced relative to hotels of comparable quality. Might be a good use of an award stay though, since most of them are Cat. 1.

- Truly
Old Aug 8, 2004, 5:19 am

Oberoi Towers

my wife spent a few nights at the Oberoi Towers Bombay in march. it didn't occur to her to request hhonors credit. does anyone know when it became the Hilton Towers Mumbai ?

regarding the property, she stayed in a standard deluxe room with a view overlooking the bay (better at night), a firm wide bed, beautiful marble bathrooms with separate shower and tub... though the room wasn't enormous.

the staff was incredibly responsive; she even had a butler on call. room service was excellent if you enjoy indian food (she's been raving about a certain a masala dosai). delicious fresh (and scrubbed) fruit is provided in the room daily.

in a nutshell, for a category 3, it's a pretty good reward value. regular rates usually exceed $150.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 6:53 am

Chennai

I stayed at the Trident Chennai - NB, an airport hotel - in March and it was excellent. Newly refurbished, very well appointed and superb service. Good pool. Only competition at MAA is the Radisson, which I also stayed at, which is smaller and grubby by comparison, with poor service and more expensive.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 10:21 am

Programs: u/a1K hh/g
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Truly
I would be very interested in hearing about anyone's stays at any of the new India properties. Any of them!

- Truly
Hello, long time lurker (98) Stayed in June Gurganon Trident out of the way but very nice, stayed June Pt/Str, Agra all staff very pleasant got $69 rate also Jaipur very scenic across from the lake palace on the Fort road $69 also
staff not quite up to speed regards HH no Brk at Gurganon (New Delhi) brk included in payed stay, check paperwork for accuracy.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 4:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jahguide
my wife spent a few nights at the Oberoi Towers Bombay in march. it didn't occur to her to request hhonors credit. does anyone know when it became the Hilton Towers Mumbai ?
In May it was the Hilton Towers. In part of April it was too. In March the Oberoi group was still in charge. Sorry to bring bad news.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 8:29 am

Programs: 1MM UA
About a year ago, I stayed at Taj hotels in Dehli, Agra, Jaipur and Mumbai.
The one in Agra was nothing special, but the other three were among the
nicest hotels I've ever stayed in, -- They beat most Hiltons in my
experience.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by sosafan
About a year ago, I stayed at Taj hotels in Dehli, Agra, Jaipur and Mumbai.
Taj hotels? Is that the same as Trident?

- Truly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.