Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Budapest, Hungary {HUN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Budapest, Hungary {HUN}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2007, 12:45 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

And there will be a brass-n-mirrored ceiling clearance sale upon completion if anyone is interested
Old Feb 9, 2008, 2:01 pm
une

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Reward room for 3 in Budapest

I am trying to book a reward room for 3 people in Budapest at either one of the Hiltons, but when it is telling me that there is no room available with those options.
Is it possible to book a reward room for 3? Do I have to call instead of making the reservation online?
Old Feb 9, 2008, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Reward bookings are only for two people

It does never allow you to make a reward reservation for three people.

I would suggest you call the hotel ahead and ask if you can make a booking for two and pay-up for a rollaway bed.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
A few years ago I arranged for an award stay at the Castle Hill Hilton for my family of 4 through the Diamond desk and they found us a room with 2 double beds. It wound up being on the 3 rd floor almost right above the main entrance overlooking the square. i was tole when we arrived that none of the rooms with a river view offered that bed configuration.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I've made quite a few award reservations for 3 through the DD, but only in the US. In fact, I have one coming up this weekend. It isn't hard at a Hampton or Embassy (HSV ES next Sunday night) as there are plenty of double double rooms.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 7:46 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Planning a stay in a few weeks in Budapest. I have a room booked in both hotels but now I must make a choice.

First time in the city. There for three nights and I will be attending some meetings. Planning to take a few hours off each day for walking. Both hotels give me the similar access to my meeting.

I need good internet acess, lounge is always nice. I notice that one restaurant at the castle Hilton is currently closed.

Any recent recommendations?
Old Aug 12, 2008, 8:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fromYXU
Planning a stay in a few weeks in Budapest. I have a room booked in both hotels but now I must make a choice.

First time in the city. There for three nights and I will be attending some meetings. Planning to take a few hours off each day for walking. Both hotels give me the similar access to my meeting.

I need good internet acess, lounge is always nice. I notice that one restaurant at the castle Hilton is currently closed.

Any recent recommendations?
Tough call especially since its your first visit.
Castle Hill spectacular view, room decor though nice kinda dated, nice area to walk around, visit the old Palace, cathedral next door area can be over-crowded with tourists, restaurants more expensive.

Westend - better and quieter lounge, rooms more modern furnishings, next to railway station and mall, in city so more "local interaction"

Again since first visit - Castle slight edge

mike
Old Sep 13, 2008, 8:35 pm

Airport shuttle?

I saw mention of an airport shuttle to the Hilton Budapest in some of the earlier posts. Is this still in operation? Would appreciate any detailed information. Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 2:48 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
Castle Hill spectacular view, room decor though nice kinda dated, nice area to walk around, visit the old Palace, cathedral next door area can be over-crowded with tourists, restaurants more expensive.

Westend - better and quieter lounge, rooms more modern furnishings, next to railway station and mall, in city so more "local interaction"

Again since first visit - Castle slight edge

mike
Stayed at both in March of this year, and I agree. ^

As for the airport shuttle, it was operational to the Hilton Budapest when I was there. You reserve at the minibus shuttle desk in the arrivals area, and the cost was like $12-15, IIRC.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 7:32 am

Fisherman's Bastion

At the Hilton Fisherman's Bastion on Buda Hill not only will you have one of the most beautiful views imaginable but: (1) You are right next to the Mathias Church (2) you can walk down the hill to the Mamoth Shopping Center (yes, it is huge, but it is named for the mammoth bones that were found when the excavated the foundations).
Old May 2, 2009, 3:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Stayed this week at both Castle and Westend Hiltons. Using the corporate rate, WestEnd offered deluxe room + breakfast + internet at 100 EUR, while Castle offered twin-room + internet at 122 EUR. Add 28 EUR for breakfast and 23% taxes on both stays, and it turned out to be a pricy stay.

Room-wise, Westend King Deluxe room was years ahead of the twin-room in the Castle. Great armchair, LCD TV, huge bathroom, the works. In the Castle the blanket was very small, fit for a very small person, not a large blanket I would have expected.

Price-wise, I don't think I will stay for business in the Castle Hilton again, unless they get their corporate rates in-line with competition. It is a great location for holiday, but if you go to Budapest for work, it is far away from any destination. Restaurants in the area are expensive and add up to 15% tip on the bill, while in the center you can eat just as good at half-price.

Service-wise I got same good treatment from both hotels, with a plus for WestEnd where they guaranteed room upgrade, and with a minus for Castle for messing up the invoice at check-out and then claiming that it was my fault :S

As a conclusion, if you are travelling on a loose budget or good corporate rate, you will be much better off in a Deluxe room at the WestEnd, than a simple room in the Castle.
Old May 9, 2009, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This may be old news but the Budapest West End Hilton Executive Lounge still has the free internet desktop but now there are 4 separate tables beside the windows with ethernet cables and free high speed connections (only for exec level guests) so bring your laptop there rather than pay 24+ euros in the room. There are even some 240v power outlets too. They have upgraded the hors de vours but the stuff was all gone by 730PM when I arrived and not replaced. The wines seem a little lame compared to the Castle but the beer and liquor are fine. Strangely the West End rooms have old CRT tvs while the Castle has the newer bigger LCD tvs.

MisterNice
Old Jun 16, 2009, 7:31 am

Programs: Delta, United, Hilton, Marriott
Just completed a six night stay at the Budapest Westend Hilton.
We were upgraded to the executive level with lounge access. Unlimited free food and drinks including wine and beer all day long. The rooms were very nice and clean.
We prefered this location as it was very convenient to the metro and tram system which we used frequently. We went to see the Castle Hilton and they do have a magnificent view from the hill, but that area is easily explored in one day. I preferred the pest side to have more of the city feel and easy access to multiple locations.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 8:10 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Just stayed two nights at the Hilton Budapest Westend (first time) and one night at the Hilton Budapest (second time). Originally wanted to spend the first two nights at the castle and then one at the Westend (to faciliate catching the train), but the castle couldn't accommodate us because they were sold out due to a conference. Castle property did a great job of arranging two nights at the Westend with an upgrade to a junior suite and also offered us 50% off dinner at ICON at the castle our one night there (and they also paid for the taxi between the properties).

Upgraded to exec level with lounge access at both.

While the Westend location is far, far better for exploring the city, the room seemed a bit worn and tired. The exec lounge is okay, but the castle lounge is much better IMHO. Better and more varied food and sweets all day. No Tokaji in the Westend lounge (unforgivable in Hungary! ), while it's freely available all day at the castle. Oh, also no Unicum at the Westend, while it's available at the castle (if you're in to that strange liqueur).

The restaurant ICON at the castle has a new menu and we tried it because of the 50% discount. Ate there on our last visit and were disappointed, but it was much, much better this time.

The Faust wine cellar/palinka bar has also reopened at the castle within the last couple of months. Under new management, run by a former Hilton staffer who is amazingly knowledgeable about Hungarian wines/palinkas. 80 Hungarian wines and 30 palinkas to try (the wild raspberry palinka is amazing). Mention you're going there in the exec lounge (Petra is still there) and they'll give you a 10% off coupon.

The free Internet connections in the Westend lounge are nice, while only a couple of PCs for use at the castle.

Bottom line: Can't really go wrong with either. Westend for the location, castle for the hotel itself and lounge. Westend is very much a business hotel, while the castle is much more tourist oriented.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Can anyone comment about the desirability of either Hilton versus the Marriott?

Especially with respect to location, quality of accomodations and lounges?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.