Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Budapest, Hungary {HUN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Budapest, Hungary {HUN}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2007, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

*flash*

The nice Budapest Hilton will be closing its executive lounge sometime in Nov or early Dec 2007 for about 2 weeks in order to do a totally complete redo (goodbye really outdated blond maple with the marble and brass, Naugahyde heater coverings near the Danube view, strange brass-n-mirrored ceiling etc.)

I have not heard what if any, substitute exec lounge arrangements will be made and this info is from a usually quite reliable source.

MisterNice
Old Oct 24, 2007, 11:01 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Thanks for the mention

Originally Posted by MisterNice
The nice Budapest Hilton will be closing its executive lounge sometime in Nov or early Dec 2007 for about 2 weeks in order to do a totally complete redo (goodbye really outdated blond maple with the marble and brass, Naugahyde heater coverings near the Danube view, strange brass-n-mirrored ceiling etc.)

I have not heard what if any, substitute exec lounge arrangements will be made and this info is from a usually quite reliable source.

MisterNice
I am a part of the design team working on the renovation.
Thank you for your interesting feedback.
At the request of ownership we are in fact just recovering the heater exteriors with a new antique stained naugahyde that is more durable and in keeping with the fine tradition of the hotel and its historical treasured mirror & brass ceiling. We are quite proud of carrying on the elegant elements of the hotels great past design history. All with newer longer lasting materials.

Regarding the blond maple/marble & brass bar you mention and one of my own personal favorites. It has long been the toast of Budapest and Budapest Hilton guests
When you see the finished product painstakingly restored after the bar is finished I think you will be delightfully surprised that we haven't tampered with the original integirty of the design and wood veneers.
These elements were all introduced many years ago and actually way ahead of their time.

Thank you for your loyalty to the Budapest Hilton. We look forward to thoughts upon our completion sometime after the holidays in early 2008

Cheers
Old Oct 26, 2007, 10:10 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
Thank you for posting....

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I am a part of the design team working on the renovation.
Thank you for your interesting feedback.
At the request of ownership we are in fact just recovering the heater exteriors with a new antique stained naugahyde that is more durable and in keeping with the fine tradition of the hotel and its historical treasured mirror & brass ceiling. We are quite proud of carrying on the elegant elements of the hotels great past design history. All with newer longer lasting materials.

Regarding the blond maple/marble & brass bar you mention and one of my own personal favorites. It has long been the toast of Budapest and Budapest Hilton guests
When you see the finished product painstakingly restored after the bar is finished I think you will be delightfully surprised that we haven't tampered with the original integirty of the design and wood veneers.
These elements were all introduced many years ago and actually way ahead of their time.

Thank you for your loyalty to the Budapest Hilton. We look forward to thoughts upon our completion sometime after the holidays in early 2008

Cheers

What an interesting post! I think your input regarding the "blonde maple" wood really makes sense as to why it would be preserved.

My husband and I will be at the Budapest Hilton in approximate 7 hours from this writing--I'm in Amsterdam Hilton Airport right now and I am waiting for my husband to wake up (8 hour time difference that we are trying to acclimate...I've already exercised and have been online for nearly an hour).

But I can't wait to experience Budapest and looking forward to the Budapest Hilton. I have read really fabulous things about the country and the hotel!

And thank you Mike....I appreciated the additional information. To tell you the truth...the kid thing kind of scared me a bit (no, we are not kid haters, just didn't like the picture that was painted regarding them running amuck in the executive lounge!)....but I think this may be a little bit off season, or the beginning of off season, so hopefully, we won't experience that aspect of the Hilton.

Thanks all! I'll write a trip report when we return. We'll be there for 9 days and then over to the Amsterdam Hilton for 5.

Dawn Darling
Old Oct 30, 2007, 2:30 am

Actually I was joking
Guess I was convincing.
Even though nobody got it!

Have a great stay
Old Nov 1, 2007, 2:44 am

Actually I was joking
Guess I was convincing.

Have a great stay
which makes sense because if you were staff you couldn't possibly be a hhmember
Old Nov 1, 2007, 4:07 am

Didn't even consider to be "staff"

Originally Posted by oceanborn
which makes sense because if you were staff you couldn't possibly be a hhmember

If you are a member of a design team, per se, I wouldn't even consider that person to be actual "staff" of the actual project he/she was working on! I highly doubt that actually works, designs or otherwise constructs is actually a "staff" member of the firm that owns the company/building!

Have a great time in Budapest! Weather is awesome!!!!

Dawn
Old Nov 1, 2007, 11:46 am

I have some leftover antique stained naugahyde heater covers for sale too if anyone is interested
Old Nov 1, 2007, 12:27 pm

Actually, I don't think anyone really cared....

Actually I was joking
Guess I was convincing.

Have a great stay
Sorry...but you are giving yourself way too much credit. I don't really think anyone gave it a 2nd thought. It was just read as the next post...nothing more, nothing less.

But true enough....I did not "get it"..I'll give you that much. But again, I really didn't put much time into it.

Dawn
Old Nov 2, 2007, 4:17 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I certainly hope the fates will punish you for your use of poor naugas - don't you know they are endangered in their native habitat? Next time, try some kind of durable textured plastic!

I have some leftover antique stained naugahyde heater covers for sale too if anyone is interested
Old Nov 2, 2007, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by kymbakitty
If you are a member of a design team, per se, I wouldn't even consider that person to be actual "staff" of the actual project he/she was working on! I highly doubt that actually works, designs or otherwise constructs is actually a "staff" member of the firm that owns the company/building!

Have a great time in Budapest! Weather is awesome!!!!

Dawn
but then again someone who isn't a staff member wouldn't say "Thank you for your loyalty to the Budapest Hilton. We look forward to thoughts upon our completion sometime after the holidays in early 2008"
Old Nov 2, 2007, 9:42 am

Design imposter busted

Originally Posted by JDiver
I certainly hope the fates will punish you for your use of poor naugas - don't you know they are endangered in their native habitat? Next time, try some kind of durable textured plastic!

I hear punishment is severe three weeks locked in their most luxurious suite with wall to wall Naugahyde interior (heater covers included)
And forced to stare at the brass-n-mirrored ceiling indefinitely
Looking forward to my doing time
And worst of all no HH points will be received for my stay
Old Nov 3, 2007, 12:37 am

To tell you the truth...

Originally Posted by oceanborn
but then again someone who isn't a staff member wouldn't say "Thank you for your loyalty to the Budapest Hilton. We look forward to thoughts upon our completion sometime after the holidays in early 2008"
....I didn't even get that far....

Old Nov 4, 2007, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold for Life; AEGEAN Gold; HILTON Lifetime Diamond; MARRIOTT Lifetime Platinum; IHG Diamond Amb.
The West End is ideal for situation, has an excellent gym usually empty, and a great executive floor with spirits all day from 12 noon. Very attentive and wekk recommended.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL-PM, HH-Gold, *wood-Gold, Avis First, National Executive Elite
I stayed the Hilton West End a few weeks ago and had a great stay. I redeemed 3 nights on points and was upgraded to a 2-room suite and received the complimentry buffet breakfast in the morning. (As Gold internationally, I'm sometimes have only received an upgrade or the free breakfast). The room was extremely spacious and luxurious. The location of the hotel is great - next to the train station and attached to the probably the nicest mall in the city. It's a good 20 minute walk from the center city, but the subway is right outside the hotel.

The front desk staff was great, but I was a little disappointed in the restaurant in the mornings. Being at a Hilton property, in a hotel where EVERYTHING was in English, I guess I expected the servers know basic English. I asked for orange juice and was told "I'm sorry, I don't speak english" and walked away. I had similar experiences the next day. Even the food on the buffet was ok, but not very hot. I can't complain too much since it was free.

Other than the restaurant hiccups, I would recommend this hotel if you're in Budapest.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 11:51 am
Suspended

Hilton Budapest - Executive Lounge

The Hilton Budapest's executive lounge is curently closed due to renovations.

However, there is free afternoon tea and also breakfast in the lobby bar.

The renovation shall be finished next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.