Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Budapest, Hungary {HUN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Budapest, Hungary {HUN}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2020, 10:37 am

Programs: Delta PM, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Finkface
What is your favorite restaurant? Have a trip planned for the fall (fingers crossed!) so looking for recommendations.
See the link provided by Craig6z- thats the one!
It's called Porc and Prezli, which is difficult to translate but is essentially the breading on schnitzel. Kinda, sorta.

We LOVE it. It's best to book a reservation through their site, although there is usually a table available. I like to sit upstairs as the live music (professional, excellent) can be a bit loud. Ask for wine recommendations and always order the top shelf palinka, it's worth it and the price is quite reasonable.
I've tried several items on the menu and everything is wonderful. I've never had dessert - we always walk to Gelarto Rosa for rose-shaped icecream.
Craig6z and Finkface like this.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 10:44 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by gckja
See the link provided by Craig6z- thats the one!
It's called Porc and Prezli, which is difficult to translate but is essentially the breading on schnitzel. Kinda, sorta.

We LOVE it. It's best to book a reservation through their site, although there is usually a table available. I like to sit upstairs as the live music (professional, excellent) can be a bit loud. Ask for wine recommendations and always order the top shelf palinka, it's worth it and the price is quite reasonable.
I've tried several items on the menu and everything is wonderful. I've never had dessert - we always walk to Gelarto Rosa for rose-shaped icecream.
Thank you! Hopefully, the trip will be on. If not this year, then next for sure.
gckja and Craig6z like this.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
I had a trip here ready to go, but it got scrapped in the Covid travel disaster. Thanks for the reviews. I looked on Google Maps street view and the HGI photos show it not-quite-done but an easy walk from the airport line bus and close to many tourist spots and also the HOHO bus.

I figure I’ll go in the late summer if the apocalypse is over by then, split a couple nights there and a couple nights at the Hiltons. Hard to beat that price though at HGI, esp for a brand new property!
It's a very manageable, reasonable walk to Deak Ferenc Ter. From there, you'll get anywhere in the city. There is also an M1 line just around the corner by the Opera house. We take that daily to Schechenyi.

This location just can't be beat.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 10:56 am

Wink

[QUOTE=docbert;32285740]Stayed here last December and agree with pretty much everything you've said.

The elevators were slow, and did seem to have issues, although I forget exactly what the problem was.

They were just slow to respond. The display would show one on the -1 and one on 2 and no movement, then, after a long communist-era-holdover wait, an elevator would arrive with no guests.
Old May 1, 2021, 12:46 am

Programs: Turkish Airlines , Hilton Honors Gold
Is Hilton Budapest city closed due to COVID or switch to an other chain?
Old May 1, 2021, 8:10 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by hsynxshn
Is Hilton Budapest city closed due to COVID or switch to an other chain?
I understand it is being reflagged, but cannot remember to which chain
Old May 1, 2021, 8:24 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by more4less
I understand it is being reflagged, but cannot remember to which chain
Mentioned earlier today in the property thread - it is now part of IHG as Crowne Plaza Budapest.

khabah
Old Aug 3, 2021, 4:01 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Have a 3-night stay in Budapest coming up later this month. I have read great things about the Hilton Budapest but finding it hard to justify it at $150 per night compared to $80 per night for the HGI, particularly as both locations are great. Anyone want to convince me it's worth paying 2x as much for the Hilton?
Old Aug 3, 2021, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by zeer0
Have a 3-night stay in Budapest coming up later this month. I have read great things about the Hilton Budapest but finding it hard to justify it at $150 per night compared to $80 per night for the HGI, particularly as both locations are great. Anyone want to convince me it's worth paying 2x as much for the Hilton?
The HGI location is far preferable IMO unless you plan to spend all your time on the Buda side of the river.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 4:13 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by beltway
The HGI location is far preferable IMO unless you plan to spend all your time on the Buda side of the river.
Oh perfect, well that seals things up. Thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2021, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by zeer0
finding it hard to justify it at $150 per night compared to $80 per night for the HGI, particularly as both locations are great. Anyone want to convince me it's worth paying 2x as much for the Hilton?
Would just like to note that $150 for the Hilton is an absolute steal; normally this time of year it would be double that, if rooms were even available. But the river cruisers' loss is your gain!

That being said, Pest is where all the cool kids hang out and I agree that there's no need to stay on the Buda side; plus the HGI is very new, super nice, and right in the middle of everything. I'd definitely take that $80/night HGI rate in a heartbeat and spend the difference on food...
beltway and zeer0 like this.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 9:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Would just like to note that $150 for the Hilton is an absolute steal; normally this time of year it would be double that, if rooms were even available. But the river cruisers' loss is your gain!

That being said, Pest is where all the cool kids hang out and I agree that there's no need to stay on the Buda side; plus the HGI is very new, super nice, and right in the middle of everything. I'd definitely take that $80/night HGI rate in a heartbeat and spend the difference on food...
I agree. I've been at the HGI last August - it is a nice hotel and perfect location.
beltway and zeer0 like this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 11:01 am

Had a great stay at this hotel last weekend, got the Hilton auto upgrade eventually, after a couple of emails to the hotel and HH, the exec room is now in the restaurant, the main exec room is closed, assuming that they are not getting the number of guests to warrant opening it.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good you declined the Loft suite, those are rubbish

How did you find the lounge? Is anything offered outside the Happy Hour period? Pity about the lounge, they told me the lounge is open again, I wonder if it closed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.