Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Merging Hilton Honors Accounts Registered Under the Same Name: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Merging Hilton Honors Accounts Registered Under the Same Name: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2013, 9:52 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
From the FAQ's

HOW DO I COMBINE MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS?
You can combine multiple accounts online by signing into your HHonors account and going to Combine Accounts.

You will be asked to log in, and then it will ask for the details of the account you want to combine into your account. Real easy.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 8:59 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JDiver
The best advice is to call HH and ask them; a competent agent should be able to do a successful accounts merge, but all we can do is share opinions (and in some instances, possibly experiences). Until you call and get your answer, that's water under the bridge you are standing on.
Many thanks! Will give them a call tonight.

Originally Posted by cordelli
From the FAQ's

HOW DO I COMBINE MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS?
You can combine multiple accounts online by signing into your HHonors account and going to Combine Accounts.

You will be asked to log in, and then it will ask for the details of the account you want to combine into your account. Real easy.
Did see that, just wanted to make sure my existing reservations would carry over as well, since I'd like to "transfer" them into the new account. Thank you!
Old Aug 21, 2013, 8:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Combining Accounts...Questions

My wife and I decided to merge our separate HH accounts. We have a couple of questions as we move forward...

1. How long does it normally take for the merge to take affect? The confirmation page says it takes 10 business days, and I'm currently on 14 waiting for the update. I have weekly stays coming up for the next month, and would like to take advantage of the upgrade (see below).

2. HH website says "All points and activity will be transferred to the account you keep" but the confirmation page from the merge request says in two separate instances "all points" and "all activity and points" will be kept. Which is correct? If only points are combined, I will still be short of Gold, but if the total number of nights are combined, I'll jump into Gold.

Thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2013, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
The HHonors FAQ (http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/support/faq/index.html) is clear that this isn't possible. Also, on the combine accounts page, it is stated that "You must be the primary account holder for both accounts." So, I fear that you won't be able to merge your account with your wife's.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 8:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jefftiger
The HHonors FAQ (http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/support/faq/index.html) is clear that this isn't possible. Also, on the combine accounts page, it is stated that "You must be the primary account holder for both accounts." So, I fear that you won't be able to merge your account with your wife's.
So what is the point of the "Combine Accounts" function on the website?

My wife's account has my name, phone number, email, and joint credit card info on it. She had an account prior to us getting married, and we used her card for personal travel.

Now that I travel for business, I have my own HH account.

Is the only way to take advantage of the points on both cards is to use the "Transfer Points" function and pay $25/10k points?
Old Aug 21, 2013, 9:28 pm

You can't combine accounts held by two different members - just multiple accounts held by the same member. Mutual Accounts, which some of us were fortunate enough to have grandfathered before disappearing several years ago, allow for joint use of a single account. It's a great feature, but unfortunately is no longer available.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by aww3583
Is the only way to take advantage of the points on both cards is to use the "Transfer Points" function and pay $25/10k points?
Yes, but, IMHO, it's a poor use of $/points ....

One idea would be to accumulate enough points into one of the accounts (the "minor" account) to do a redemption then do all accumulation of points into the other account (the "major" account).

I'm assuming yours would be the major account and hers would be the minor account (especially if she seldom travels and stays at Hilton without you).
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:10 pm

Other than being grandfathered, having a HGVC timeshare can get you a joint account.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 7:07 am

Programs: EBD (*A gold), IHG Plat. Amb., HH Gold, Freccia Alata Plus, Air Berlin Gold...
Old thread but,

Anyone with experience of combining account recently, I have two and are interested to consolidate the points?
Old Feb 27, 2014, 8:55 pm
Suspended

Stay counts also get merged?

A colleague has two accounts, both in her name. If she merges the accounts online, do the stay credits get merged as well? IOW, does she end up with the total stay credits on both accounts or do only the points get merged?
Old May 6, 2014, 6:59 am

Merge accounts

Struggling to get a straight answer to what seems like a simple issue:

I currently have two Hilton HHonors memberships, one Silver, one Gold (the latter from here I think).

Due to sheer idiocy on my part, I've already put three stays through the Silver so far this year, before realising my mistake and switching to the Gold account.

Am I likely to be able to get Hilton to combine these two accounts and credit all the 2014 stays onto one account, and combine the points?

Would the combined account keep the Gold status?
Old May 19, 2014, 2:55 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG LT GOLD
Risk of getting purged of the gold status..
Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Merging Honors Accounts?

Hey through a woops, I ended up having 2 separate HHonors accounts in my name. I've 3 times tried to get them to merge them through the online request form, and I've never had any response from them. Is this something that I should just call in about or what's the deal?

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
May be the buggy HHonors website as in the referral bonus or maybe this will help. . .

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...hlight=merging
Old Sep 15, 2014, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by imapilotaz
Hey through a woops, I ended up having 2 separate HHonors accounts in my name. I've 3 times tried to get them to merge them through the online request form, and I've never had any response from them. Is this something that I should just call in about or what's the deal?
Yes.

Any complex situation (which I'd stay this is) is best handled "interactively".

An online request form is not interactive. You can't even tell if they received it, let alone understood it, etc.

Only through an interactive process can you tell if they understand your request and if not immediately rephrase until they do.

Now, in general, there are two main types of interactive processes in these situations: live chat (if the program's website supports that) and phone call.

HHonors definitely has a phone number. I'm not sure whether they have online chat with customer support, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.