Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Merging Hilton Honors Accounts Registered Under the Same Name: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Merging Hilton Honors Accounts Registered Under the Same Name: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2005, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had two accounts for the ACAQ promo, too. I merged them into one account on line. Worked without a hitch.

IIRC, they ask you which account to keep, and the stays/nights/points/status transfer over. So, if one account is Gold (as mine was) and the other Blue, I specified that the Gold account would be the remaining account, and it all worked as advertised.

AFAIK, this is still an available option.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 3:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by BigLar
I had two accounts for the ACAQ promo, too. I merged them into one account on line. Worked without a hitch.

IIRC, they ask you which account to keep, and the stays/nights/points/status transfer over. So, if one account is Gold (as mine was) and the other Blue, I specified that the Gold account would be the remaining account, and it all worked as advertised.

AFAIK, this is still an available option.
It still works, but, for some bizarre reason, sometimes it goes through and sometimes it does not; and other times it goes through "backwards" (in terms of what account is left). In the past, trying again online when the merger didn't happen in a few days never hurt.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 6:57 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Originally Posted by GUWonder
It still works, but, for some bizarre reason, sometimes it goes through and sometimes it does not...
Apparently in my case, it will be done manually.

"You have made a request to combine the following account(s) into the above account....yada, yada.

It will take 3 to 4 business days for the HHonors Customer Service Center to combine your accounts. An HHonors customer service representative will contact you when this request is complete. '
Old Jul 20, 2005, 8:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tvl4free
Apparently in my case, it will be done manually.

"You have made a request to combine the following account(s) into the above account....yada, yada.

It will take 3 to 4 business days for the HHonors Customer Service Center to combine your accounts. An HHonors customer service representative will contact you when this request is complete. '
To me, it's always appeared to be a somewhat (and then some) manual process (and it can get done on the phone faster than via the website). That said, "manual processes" can work for your advantage.

I wouldn't count on the contact being made after the merger is complete. Generally it seems to be done with little further notice between right after the request was made and when the combination is completed.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 3:16 am

Definitely no longer possible to merge accounts into a mutual account?
Old Dec 11, 2005, 3:25 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Definitely no longer possible. From the HHonors T&Cs:

6. Only individuals may enroll in HHonors and become HHonors Members (defined as individuals who have been accepted as Members by Hilton HHonors Worldwide, LLC, and who have received HHonors Program Terms and Conditions). Corporations, associations or groups cannot enroll in HHonors; however, married couples, who became HHonors Mutual Fund members prior to April 1, 2004, may participate jointly through HHonors Mutual Fund.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 3:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Definitely no longer possible. From the HHonors T&Cs:

6. Only individuals may enroll in HHonors and become HHonors Members (defined as individuals who have been accepted as Members by Hilton HHonors Worldwide, LLC, and who have received HHonors Program Terms and Conditions). Corporations, associations or groups cannot enroll in HHonors; however, married couples, who became HHonors Mutual Fund members prior to April 1, 2004, may participate jointly through HHonors Mutual Fund.
That's right. (The only exception I can think of is where there is a pre-existing HHonors Mutual Fund account and either one or the other mutual fund member have an additional HHonors account that they want to merge into the standing mutual fund account. But I have no experience with that .... yet.)
Old Dec 11, 2005, 6:05 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
I had to do the 'normal' merge recently, and whilst the reservations copied over successfully, the old HHonors numbers remained in the reservations. I had to email HHonors and they fixed it. Odd!

I am just waiting for my first stay after merging two Gold accounts with promos in to one Diamond. I am waiting to see if I get BOTH promos or just one.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Markie
I had to do the 'normal' merge recently, and whilst the reservations copied over successfully, the old HHonors numbers remained in the reservations. I had to email HHonors and they fixed it. Odd!

I am just waiting for my first stay after merging two Gold accounts with promos in to one Diamond. I am waiting to see if I get BOTH promos or just one.
I'd be curious to hear about your experience too. (Merging accounts AFTER promotions have been completed has not resulted in losing the benefits of said promotion -- including bonus points, nights, etc. -- and promos from one account that was merged into a standing account carried over a couple years ago. But this could all have changed as On-Q and related systems at Hilton came into place and/or were tweaked.)

Look forward to hearing about your (hopefully positive) experience. Thanks
Old Jul 2, 2006, 5:06 am
Suspended

How many HH accounts allowed?

How many HH accounts per customer are allowed?

The hotline told me that I can have two accounts.
HH Germany wants to close now one of my accounts?

Is there any rule regarding the number of accounts per individual?
Old Jul 2, 2006, 5:30 am

Amazingly:
http://hhonors.hilton.com/en/hhonors...590295#general
8. HHonors Members cannot maintain membership in or earn points on multiple accounts.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
I am racking my brain to figure out why a person would want more than one account. I can't think of a reason.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
I am racking my brain to figure out why a person would want more than one account. I can't think of a reason.

Being targeted eg. for certain promotions on two accounts.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 5:51 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, United Premier Exec, Virgin Gold
Merging accounts

On the HHonors site is the facility to merge accounts. My partner and I have tried to merge our accounts as he only has a few thousand and we only travel together but the merger has not happened and I have emailed hilton but there has been no reply.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
don't think you can do this...

I hadn't heard of this and got excited about combining my wife's small account with mine. However, the description of the process specifically says you can only combine accounts that you (singular person) own. In other words, it appears to only allow you to combine 2 accounts in your name (maybe an earlier account that had been forgotten?), not 2 accounts in two different names. This interpretation puts it in line with virtually all rewards programs which don't allow merging 2 people's accounts.

I have a related question for those who may be drawn to this thread by the title. I just found out that Marriott has no problem with my wife using my Marriott number even when travelling without me. Anybody know if Hilton allows that? I've always assumed not, so she has her own gold card, but it would be nice to rack up points and qualifying stays in a single account. (I'm expecting the answer to be no, but???).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.