Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2016, 10:00 pm

It seems that there is a new GM.

Yesterday I want to check out due to noise.
I've extended my stay for two days because of HHonors Sale and booked Ocean Front. No upgrade possible however all categories are available..

Moreover there was a band playing directly in front of my balcony. Even watching TV was not possible. Never had such a loud room. All I here from reception was I am so sorry but we cannot do anything for you.

No room change, no free drink, just nothing. I did not expect to get something for free but I expect that I can sleep in a rarely booked 5* hotel for 230 $ a night and roughly 150 $ for incidentals a day.

The day before yesterday I spoke to a receptionist. He was very friendly but told me that this was a decision of the management and he apologized that he cannot do anything for me. This was totally fine for me because I know that the stuff is not responsible for management decision. But he told me that he would send my complaint to the person in charge.

So after room change from suite to ocean front they put me in a room wirh mucic band in front.
Nobody answered so I wrote to GM and one day later again with HHonors in Copy. No reaction from the hotel. Nothing.

It seems that there are some perks stripped down for Diamonds.

Upgrades, Welcome letter, Conrad elephant, Bathrobe or fruits in non-suits room.

Even customer service has been cancelled.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by MrSnoot78
It seems that there is a new GM.

It seems that there are some perks stripped down for Diamonds.

Upgrades, Welcome letter, Conrad elephant, Bathrobe or fruits in non-suits room.

Even customer service has been cancelled.
The current GM arrived in late 2015 - very personable and customer friendly. As far as I know, the Conrad Bali has never had elephants.

Last edited by bamboola; Nov 25, 2016 at 3:53 am
Old Nov 13, 2016, 5:09 am

No idea. He did not spoke to me...
Old Nov 13, 2016, 5:27 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by bamboola
As far as I know, the Conrad Bali has never had elephants.
I seem to remember monkeys, or was that somewhere else?
Old Nov 13, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sbams
I seem to remember monkeys, or was that somewhere else?
Monkeys and turtles.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I've only seen monkeys. I thought elephants were Thailand, but I could be mixing it up with IC.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I've only seen monkeys. I thought elephants were Thailand, but I could be mixing it up with IC.
Regardless of whether elephants, monkeys or jelly fish. It seemed to be gone at Conrad Bali, together with fruits, bathrobe, upgrades or welcome letter.

However. I should be honest that if I would be HHonors Blue or Silver it would be the perfect property.

Only the evening parties in front of my room would be annoying.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by MrSnoot78
Regardless of whether elephants, monkeys or jelly fish. It seemed to be gone at Conrad Bali, together with fruits, bathrobe, upgrades or welcome letter.

However. I should be honest that if I would be HHonors Blue or Silver it would be the perfect property.

Only the evening parties in front of my room would be annoying.
Not sure if it was due to staying in a suite or our Gold status, but in June this year, we received turtles, monkeys, bathrobes, daily fruit and a welcome letter.

On a previous stay we had to deal with a loud reception in front of our room. I'm OK with such things so long as they conclude at a reasonable hour. 10pm is OK, midnight is not and I would complain vociferously to the GM and to Hilton corporate.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 3:36 am

No more Conrad Suites upgrades

The monkeys were temporarily discontinued, but management soon realized their mistake, so the monkeys are back - one per room.

However, management recently decided that Diamonds will no longer receive upgrades to the Suites area. Based upon availability, Diamonds may still be upgraded to a resort suite.

Since visiting the Conrad Bali for the first time in 2013, I have returned every year, including twice in 2016. I did not get an upgrade to the Suites on my first visit because it was over Christmas and the hotel was at full capacity. However, I have always been upgraded to the Suites every subsequent stay.

I can understand not offering the Suites to one-time/first-time guests, but each time I visit, I see the same people, including those who have visited every year since the hotel opened. Like me, some of them return multiple times every year from Europe and the U.S.

I spoke with the GM yesterday and he confirmed the new policy - not a smart move since there are so many new competing hotels - St. Regis, Ritz, the soon-to-open Hilton, and a new Waldorf in 2018.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Well the upgrade to the suites was the only reason to stay at the Conrad.
Other than that, not worth it, the hotel is in an awkward location.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by oh_lol
Well the upgrade to the suites was the only reason to stay at the Conrad.
Other than that, not worth it, the hotel is in an awkward location.
Agreed. As a returning Diamond guest I have also been informed that an upgrade to the Conrad Suites is out of the question. Shame to hear, this is what made this hotel stand out.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
With so many choices in Bali, seems like they're shooting themselves in the foot from a Diamond's perspective.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 3:01 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Might not hurt to forward the link to this thread to the new GM, so he realises what a bad decision he's made.

Had a stay at here planned over NYE, but will be cancelling from his no upgrade policy and checking out the Small Luxury Hotel's sale on now.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
I guess my (non-refundable) four night stay in February 2017 will be my first and last at this property.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 2:44 am
jxd

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
With so many choices in Bali, seems like they're shooting themselves in the foot from a Diamond's perspective.
And a shot to the heart when the hilton opens next week

The hilton seems to be in a much better location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.