Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I ate at Bumbu Bali down the road in December and wasn't impressed with anything other than their pork ribs. Overpriced, certainly. I eat Indonesian food regularly, but had stomach issues for a day after eating there.

We had our Uber driver drop us off there. We asked about the free transport, and was told no problem. When we finished an hour later, they told us we'd have to wait an hour for a ride. A bit ridiculous.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Resort Ocean King is priced the same as Conrad Suite King, USD$290 p/n
Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:51 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
I asked twice by email Conrad Bali how much they charge for room WIFI. Got no answer.
Poor service for a top end property.

As a consequence, I booked 8 night at Sofitel Nusa Dua instead
Accor may not have the best loyalty program but Wifi is free in all their hotels, and platinum recognition at Sofitel Nusa Dua is excellent.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:42 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by KATERGOO
I asked twice by email Conrad Bali how much they charge for room WIFI. Got no answer.

Accor may not have the best loyalty program but Wifi is free in all their hotels, and platinum recognition at Sofitel Nusa Dua is excellent.
Not good they did not reply, but wifi is free for all HH members and Diamond you should get highspeed connection. Enjoy Sofitel, I like them for a change sometimes!
Old Feb 25, 2016, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by gav0106
Not good they did not reply, but wifi is free for all HH members and Diamond you should get highspeed connection. Enjoy Sofitel, I like them for a change sometimes!
Not really ! Here is what they wrote :

"If you book the room via the 3rd party, you will still enjoy the perks of the Diamond Member except the complimentary wifi in your room during your stay."
Old Feb 25, 2016, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sofitel having a sale now.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Sofitel having a sale now.
Yep
This is why I booked last night !
Old Feb 25, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Yep
This is why I booked last night !
As a Diamond we had free Wifi, upgraded to a 150 sq meter suite with large balcony,and the lounge was the best we have experience at any Conrad. When we had checked out and were waiting for our Car, the manager sought us out and thanked us for our stay. And this was all on an award stay.

Great Property
Old Feb 25, 2016, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by JONEZY00
As a Diamond we had free Wifi, upgraded to a 150 sq meter suite with large balcony,and the lounge was the best we have experience at any Conrad. When we had checked out and were waiting for our Car, the manager sought us out and thanked us for our stay. And this was all on an award stay.

Great Property
I might try it later this year !
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am going to book the cheapest room as a diamond, USD$164 and see what happens. I have written to the GM there as well.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
"If you book the room via the 3rd party, you will still enjoy the perks of the Diamond Member except the complimentary wifi in your room during your stay."
How recent did you get this answer? I found a very good prepaid rate (almost half of the Conrad website) on a 3rd party website but I'm afraid to book the prepaid rate on the Conrad website. If they don't honor their best rate guarantee I will be stuck with their higher rate but if they can guarantee I will get my Diamond benefits (lounge and breakfast) I'm not bothered about the points and wifi and I would go for the lower rate on the other website...
Old Feb 25, 2016, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Delectatio
How recent did you get this answer? I found a very good prepaid rate (almost half of the Conrad website) on a 3rd party website but I'm afraid to book the prepaid rate on the Conrad website. If they don't honor their best rate guarantee I will be stuck with their higher rate but if they can guarantee I will get my Diamond benefits (lounge and breakfast) I'm not bothered about the points and wifi and I would go for the lower rate on the other website...
I asked them at the WE and got the following answer :

As a Diamond member, you will have access to our Club lounge, please find the inclusion of the Club Lounge access as below:

· Breakfast from 7.00am until 11.00am;
· Afternoon tea from 3.00pm until 5.00pm;
· Evening cocktails from 5.00pm until 7.00pm;
· Complimentary internet access in the Club Lounge between 7.00am - 11.00pm;
· 15% off laundry and dry cleaning;
· 15% off restaurant and bar accounts (food & beverage);
· 15% off Jiwa Spa treatments (except retail);
· 15% off Business Centre services, including meeting room rental.

The breakfast for our Club Lounge guests is served in our Rin Restaurant, located under the Conrad Suites Lounge.
Special arrangements can be made to enjoy these benefits with younger family members in Suku for breakfast and East Lobby Lounge for afternoon tea continue with evening cocktails.

The other benefit will be a complimentary room upgrade to the next room category up to Resort Suite. This room upgrade will be subject to our room availability upon arrival.

If you book the room via the 3rd party, you will still enjoy the perks of the Diamond Member except the complimentary wifi in your room during your stay.

The complimentary wifi in your room will only be applicable if you book the room through the eligible booking channel such as :

· Direct channels: the HHonors app, our websites or Hilton Reservations & Customer Care (HRCC).
· Approved third-party channels: IATA-accredited retail travel agent professionals or GDS; see hhonors.com/terms for more details.

Typically, online travel agencies (OTAs) like Priceline or Expedia are ineligible for benefits.

So I guess you are fine. You can book the cheapest rate on a 3rd party website ... and all you will loose is room wifi.

May I ask : which OTA offers that excellent rate ?
Old Feb 26, 2016, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
What would the chance be on an upgrade from the base room in July? I can imagine it will be fully booked in the high season.
As Diamond we'd still have access to the lounge, but I read somewhere (soft) drinks are chargeable there as well except during set times?
I got upgraded in August from a base room.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MarcoPolo88
I got upgraded in August from a base room.
To ?
Old Feb 28, 2016, 7:48 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Just booked a reward stay here for the first time. I assume the points cover all applicable taxes and fees and we do not have to pay anything -except incidentals- upon check-out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.