Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2016, 10:41 am

Diamond

How do they treat diamonds in this resort. Going there in one week.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by handsometrav
How do they treat diamonds in this resort. Going there in one week.
Welcome to FT handsometrav!

They treat Diamonds quite well, if you read through the thread you will get quite a lot of information.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:37 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by more4less
Welcome to FT handsometrav!

They treat Diamonds quite well, if you read through the thread you will get quite a lot of information.
We just stayed 4 nights. Booked on a 3rd party website and were given a nice suite with lagoon access. They gave us club lounge access, breakfast and wifi for free. We like the fact that during cocktail hours you could also use the lobby bar which has nice sea views, a large outside terrace and a different vibe... We could also use the Conrad suites pool.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by craigthemif
As a Diamond member, I was upgraded to a suite in the suites-only building. Very pleased with the room and staff service, at least those dedicated to this part of the property.
Did you have to ask to be upgraded? Or was it automatic at check-in?
Old Oct 29, 2016, 1:04 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
We were pre-upgraded to the Conrad Suites, i.e. It showed in the HHonors app in the morning.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 11:51 pm

Sitting in the lobby now at 2:47, still waiting for my room. First exprience as a Diamond member. Booked base room and upgraded to Lagoon Access room. Asked politely for an upgrade to a suite and was told the Conrad suites are not part of the upgrade program. Clearly that's not consistent with what's been reported here unless I read uncorrectly.
Also told that all suites are occupied, clearly a lie based on bookings still being available, even a flash sale is on. I pointed this out and was told that they just show as available but when you book you'll get an email saying they are not. I don't mind being declined but being lied to is just disappointing.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 3:58 am

As a counter point, as soon as I stepped in the exec lounge I felt I was valued again. Staff in here are excellent.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 4:11 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by potm
As a counter point, as soon as I stepped in the exec lounge I felt I was valued again. Staff in here are excellent.
If I would go again I would also prefer the King lagoon suite over a Conrad suite for the ocean views, the 24hr pool access and location despite being a bit dated...
Old Nov 9, 2016, 4:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Why didn't you ask in the lounge for an upsell rate? They might even have found you a suite upgrade f.o.c. if they were in a good mood and you offered initially to pay.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Delectatio
If I would go again I would also prefer the King lagoon suite over a Conrad suite for the ocean views, the 24hr pool access and location despite being a bit dated...
I got 1208, just a normal room but has a larger balcony area than other lagoon access rooms. The outside of 1210 does look nicer when I swam around the corner.

The suites pool, afternoon tea and evening cocktails were very quiet. We were the first ones at evening cocktails and arrived at 5:30.

Like I mentioned service in the exec lounge was excellent. Elsewhere, not good enough. There's no one waiting at the entrance to open taxi doors etc. I had to lug my own luggage half way go reception before someone arrived to take over. I've stayed at hotels that cost 1/10 as much that did a better job. This seems to be consistent as well, not just when I arrived. There's a lot of staff standing inside just talking to each other though.

At check in I had to wait half an hour for my room when arriving at 2:40. I asked what's the best place to wait, was told I had to come back to reception to get my key anyway and was not offered any suggestions. So I sat there in the un air conditioned lobby waiting. I think I was forgotten because she eventually noticed me and quickly said your room was ready.
I can't imagine how I would have been treated without diamond status.
I did request for 2 monkey toys at check in and was told they'd be in my room. Had to call a couple of times to ask for them again and they finally arrived at 8pm.

Unless the next couple of days changes my view significantly, I'm unlikely to return.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
At check in I had to wait half an hour for my room when arriving at 2:40. I asked what's the best place to wait, was told I had to come back to reception to get my key anyway and was not offered any suggestions. So I sat there in the un air conditioned lobby waiting. I think I was forgotten because she eventually noticed me and quickly said your room was ready.
Seriously??

30 minutes in an open air lobby with comfortable seating, a full-on ocean view, nice breezes, soothing tropical music and a full bar.

I honestly can't think of too many other places I'd rather spend 30 minutes, or more.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 5:16 pm

Was able to find a special flash rate of $159 (after taxes) per night (4 nights).

Is this is good price to pay or should i use my points for each night?
Old Nov 11, 2016, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 9volt
Did you have to ask to be upgraded? Or was it automatic at check-in?
Automatic.

I rarely DYKWIA (either loudly or politely) and, besides, suite upgrades aren't a published HHonors benefit. I'm happy when they come, and make every effort to return to properties that have been generous.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by ponickka
Was able to find a special flash rate of $159 (after taxes) per night (4 nights).

Is this is good price to pay or should i use my points for each night?
I think that's a decent rate, all in. I paid similar last December.

I value Hilton at 1/2 cpp. I think this property is 40-50k per night, so seems a decent booking.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 4:29 pm

Hi,

I did not get any free upgrades from Ocean Front as Diamond. However the suite section and the rest of the hotel is very low booked at the moment. But I got a cash upgrade for 60$ plus tax a night. That's fair but I think I would not do it again.

At the moment it is very loud around my suite. During daytime are construnction works in the suite building and in the evening private Wedding parties in front of my balcony. There is just one hour between 9 a.m. and 12 a.m. without noise nusance.

That is a little bit annoying.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.