Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2016, 2:45 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Well, here is my brief report about my stay.

Check In
Was picked up by the hotel driver.
Was checked in in the main lobby and not in the lounge.
Staff acted amateurish.
I asked about Diamond Check in and was told that its not done in the lounge.

Staff
Staff in the RIN & Lounge were very cordial and friendly. But they did make small mistakes, like forgetting what you ordered etc.

Lounge
Very tacky patrons, some with tank tops and some with shoes off their feet and with their feet on the sofa.(I have pictures).

Suites Pool
No Bar like at the IC Bali.
Construction noise constant as the hotel is adding Bungalows to the property

Room
On arrival no welcome gift and no fruit
I had to call and was told it is not normal practise.
Was then given fruuit and 2 stuffed monkeys.

Overall, will I stay here again. No, I prefer the IC.

I stayed at Sofitel Nusa Dua and was also slightly disappointed.
I received the benefits according to my platinum status (room upgrade and lounge access).
However, service in the lounge was not as good as last year. Buffet was the same in the morning and in the evening :roll eyes:
The hotel seem to aim mainly at the chinese market (90% of customers).
I dont think I will stay there again.
Old May 16, 2016, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Tripadvisor Actual Review

Check in Experience (Including recognition of the status of the hotel guest)[/B]
• We were checked in the main lobby or check-in area as Diamond(Top Tier) members of the Hilton program
• Usually Top Tier members are checked-in in the Lounge so as to make the top tier member feel exclusive and important (comparing to the IC Bali as well as the London Gatwick Hilton)
• Even though we had arranged for a hotel pick up, it seemed as if the hotel staff was not prepared as I was not addressed by name until a few clicks of the computer.
• At the IC Bali the staff was waiting for our arrival as we had pre-arranged our pick up and they were well aware of our arrival. That just makes the check in experience memorable and special.

Staff's Engagement Level

• Overall the staff in the Lounge did seem very interested in what they were doing. All of them were great and I have to mention names: Simponi, Ratna, Dasa, Swartini , Adnyana & Juni

Room Assignment
• Thanks to the Hilton Honours program and hotel management that we were upgraded to the suites section of the hotel. This is an exclusive wing with a separate pool with cabanas.
• The room was beautiful with a separate living, dining and bedroom. The bathroom was perfect with a rain shower as well as a tub and a separate toilet.
• Toiletries provided were of a high caliber, paraben free.
• There was no welcome gift and no fruit. I had to call the reception and inquire about it and was told it was not normal practice to have welcome fruit or a welcome gift. They did eventually send some fruit and 2 stuffed toys.

Breakfast & Lounge

• Breakfast was served in the RIN restaurant for Suites guests.
• Breakfast was made to order from an a la cart menu.
• On day one we were not presented with a menu and the staff member who took our order messed up on our order of egg whites. This is a minor mistake and could have been due to language issues. But over the next few days our order was taken and delivered accordingly.
• We also noted that there was never any cold bottled water when we asked on 2 occasions. We were given warm water bottles.
• The evening lounge and canapes were good except that on the last night we were served almost frozen Chinese steamed buns. I brought this to the attention of the staff and they noted the issue and presented us with teriyaki alternative canapes.
• The lounge staff should enforce strict attire as mentioned somewhere in the lounge paraphernalia that guests must be dressed in business casual attire. But we noticed guests that had their shoes off with their feet on the sofa as well as someone who was in flip flops and a tank top (singlet).
• I feel that this just lowers the standard of the lounge and the experience for others.

Hotel Grounds

• The pool for the suites section was amazing with a relaxing feeling except for continuous construction noise from the adjacent construction of villas for the hotel.
• Guests were provided with bottles of water and towels.
• The gym was adequate as I used it daily in the mornings, it had free weights and some machines as well as treadmills.
• We also noted an absence of a mini bar for the Suites pool guests as in the IC Bali. It makes it easy for guests to walk over to the bar and order a drink. The IC Bali's pool bar also had banana fritters and little surprises like that for pool guests.

Check Out Experience
• We arranged for an Uber pick up and I think it was Juni who assisted us with the check-out process in the lounge.

Do I recommend this property?
Yes, I do recommend this property as it is an oasis for those longing to have a lovely stay in Bali away from the maddening crowds of Kuta and Seminyak.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Oct 16, 2016 at 3:25 pm
Old May 24, 2016, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by willsterstyle
Hey guys,

I wrote up this review after my trip to the Conrad Bali back in 2012 awhile ago but I totally forgot to share it with you awesome folks that helped me out!

This is the hotel that broke my Conrad virginity and I have to say it was well worth the wait. I had been consulting up to this point, amassing over a million all together and after quitting, I decided I wanted to blow most of it on an epic 4 month vacation around Asia and try to stay at as many Conrads as I could. The Conrad Bali was first on my list.

To give you some background, I had stayed at the St. Regis Princeville before so I have had a taste of luxury before...

BUT with that being said, I was totally blown away by the Conrad Bali. I arrived half a day early and checked in on my own. The process was completely smooth and was happy to find out that I was indeed upgraded (something that I wasn't able to do in Koh Samui or Maldives which I review as well). When the lady took me up to my room and stepped in for the first time, my jaw literally dropped.

The suite we got was literally some sort of penthouse type of suite with a HUGE living room, our own kitchenette and THEN you turn right into a separate room that makes up our bedroom and bathroom. In total we had TWO bathrooms. I couldn't believe it!

Without giving away all the details of the blog I thought I'd just lay out some pros and cons for you guys:

Pros:
  • Beautiful property on the Nusa Dua side. Very quiet and not crazy like Kuta or Seminyak.
  • They boast the largest lagoon pool in Bali and I daresay it is impressive. We got to swim the whole length of it and even that took awhile.
  • The beach huts. Maldives didn't even have this. To this day my girlfriend and I still dream about these huts.
  • Breakfast at both locations were amazing.
  • Just overall a really serene, zen kind of place. Coudn't help but feel relaxed.
  • I loved being able to try out restaurants not only on the property but outside as well. Babu Guling in Nusa Dua was a real winner for us. We loved the food and atmosphere there. Much more authentic experience.

Cons:
  • Beach isn't anything to write home about. It was decent but not a pristine white sand beach. We spent a little bit of time on it sunbathing but quickly returned back to the awesome huts.
  • Nusa Dua is a bit far from the action. With the type of traffic you face, especially in that main round-about area heading into Denpassar, you have to account for at least an hour on the road to get to places.

Here is the review I wrote up for Conrad:
http://goingawesomeplaces.com/hotel-...s-conrad-bali/

I also wrote up some detailed blogs about the day to day that starts from here:
http://goingawesomeplaces.com/in-transit-to-bali/

Hope you guys find it helpful. Tried to take as many photos as I could
Great review... Made me just book a stay in November.

There is a new toll road to Kuta from Nusa Dua now and the travel times about 20 mins. Its bridges across the lagoon and comes out close to the airport.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 6:20 pm

Average Stay

Just left the Conrad Bali after an underwhelming experience. I am not sure I would return.
As diamond hhonors I had an upgrade to a deluxe ocean view room, which has a great view over the ocean but is a standard room. The initial room assigned was also ocean view but was in terrible condition, with filthy stained carpet, smelly toilet and malfunctioning air conditioning. After a half day of to-ing and fro-ing with guest services we were eventually moved to a different room at 9pm.
The second room was a bit shabby and tired, the safe had been dismantled and not repaired, there was no hairdryer, no make up mirror, and no kettle.
In successive room services there were multiple omissions- e.g. only 2 very small bottles of water, no face cloths and only one bath towel.
After contacting guest services with each issue they were resolved but it has been less than relaxing to have to repeatedly ask for items that should be standard.
The only saving grace has been executive lounge access which is excellent. But it is not enough to get me to return.
The hotel is not at full capacity- restaurants, pool and public areas are extremely quiet so I am not sure why I have had such a poor room and service. I spoke to the manager after our first day fiasco and we had a complimentary massage as compensation.
I am just wondering how non loyalty members fare, if this is the preferred treatment given to diamond members.
I have hilton diamond as a status match and was giving it a go this year to consider changing loyalty due to likely program changes with my other preferred group- but this experience has put me off.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 11:34 pm

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Smoking at conrad suites pool

Some things i dont like. The pool at the conrad suites is smoke friendly. Staying in a nice cabana but with terrible smoking neighbours. I thought conrad hotels were anti smoking.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 3:53 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Tip Spa Conrad Bali

Went here today. Great and superclean massage Spa. They just opened. Prices are great. $15 for our massage. The Conrad will charge you minimum $100 ex Taxes.
http://www.nusabalispa.com/
Nusa Bali. 5 minutes walking from Conrad
Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:44 am
jxd

what's the current lounge policy of this property for gold members? Will be heading over for a few nights next year.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jxd
what's the current lounge policy of this property for gold members? Will be heading over for a few nights next year.
As an entirely unscientific assessment... am here now and the lounge is quite relaxed with only a handful of people. Judging by my experience at other Conrads where the lounge is jam-packed, this leads me to assume that Bali doesn't have a liberal Gold-upgrade policy...

As a Diamond member, I was upgraded to a suite in the suites-only building. Very pleased with the room and staff service, at least those dedicated to this part of the property.

I booked one category above standard using points. It's worth pointing out that this property seems to offer Premium room rewards using a valuation of 0.5 US cents per point against the flexible room rate. (which is pretty good IMO and often ended up costing fewer points than the standard room rate for this time of year) Rates also fluctuated quite wildly for my dates, so I was able to lock in some pretty low rates (using points) just by checking every so often. Of course you don't get fifth night free that way though...

Also, if you collect the Conrad stuffed toys, you apparently need to specifically request the monkey at the lounge reception.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 5:38 am

Yep, as a general rule no lounge for golds
Old Oct 10, 2016, 4:53 am

Hello everone,

I've booked an eight night stay at Novembre. Does anyone know if they are giving complementary suites upgrades for Diamonds at the moment?

I've booked a Deluxe Ocean View King.

Thanks,
MrSnoot
Old Oct 10, 2016, 5:18 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by MrSnoot78
Hello everone,

I've booked an eight night stay at Novembre. Does anyone know if they are giving complementary suites upgrades for Diamonds at the moment?

I've booked a Deluxe Ocean View King.

Thanks,
MrSnoot
We will arrive there on the 16th. Booked entry level room. Will update once we arrived.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Delectatio
We will arrive there on the 16th. Booked entry level room. Will update once we arrived.
Booked Standard room. Now pre- upgraded to Resort Suite lagoon King... whatever that is. we will know in a few hours time...
Old Oct 15, 2016, 8:16 pm

It's a king suite in the hotel side with direct lagoon access. 1110, 1116, 1210 and 1216 IIRC. Nice rooms but I prefer the 4th floor for privacy and private pool.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 8:02 am

Thank you!
Old Oct 16, 2016, 8:15 am

We got room 1210. Indeed quiet nice. A bit dated but we are happy. Nice ocean views and it's nice to be able to jump into the 24hr pool from our terrace :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.