Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2021, 7:09 am

Programs: Several
The one FT mantra that never gets old or isn’t appropriate....

If you want it, pay for it.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 7:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by gbdbld
Just a quick galance over the blog article and already saw one thing that's not accurate. It lists hilton diamond benefit as 4 pm check-out. It should be request like IHG Spire.
In other words, this blogger doesn't have a clue.

Totally misleading thread title.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 8:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Kacee
In other words, this blogger doesn't have a clue.

Totally misleading thread title.
This is how bloggers make money. Clickbait in the first place and then others drive traffic to the blog. Warning!!! Martian Invasion Imminent!!!!
writerguyfl and Sisosig like this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 8:15 am

This thread title is misleading and should be changed immediately.
writerguyfl and arlflyer like this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by smmrfld
This thread title is misleading and should be changed immediately.
Done as requested.
writerguyfl likes this.

Last edited by batosai; Apr 19, 2021 at 6:20 pm
Old Apr 19, 2021, 10:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I don't agree with how the blogger went about it at all. Pulling the DYKWIA tantrum isn't the way to go. However, it is very questionable about the Conrad Bali's one level upgrade policy. I will be traveling to Bali in July. I had this trip planned since 2019.

I will be contact the resort about this policy. I'm supposed to stay at the Conrad Bali on points. I have no problems staying at the Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, or Andaz Bali on a cash stay just on sheer principle. I know the Hyatt isn't being fugazi with their Globalists regarding upgrades at their Bali properties

I totally understand about not giving the specialty suites comped or if the resort was nearly full. Bali is practically empty right now. To me, there is no need to have a one level category upgrade for Diamonds at this property currently.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 5:42 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Their policies are worse than this. I booked a one night refundable stay that I had to cancel. They emailed asking me to keep the money for a stay later, which I declined. Then they wrote back saying it would take 3 months to refund my money because of banking procedures and many requests for refunds. I wrote back saying they need to hurry up and that isn't the case.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 3:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I reached out to the Conrad Bali managers via email last night. I had a response less than 12 hours later. I was assured that Diamonds ARE NOT limited to a 1 level room upgrade. I was also sent the Conrad Bali's Diamond welcome letter. I'm including this in my post. Sure enough, it says space available upgrade subject to availability. I'm attaching the letter for everyone's review. I'm not sure how old the blogger's welcome letter is, but I'm more than satisfied with management's response. I look forward to my Conrad Bali stay in July. I think it is in bad taste to demand a suite as comp suite upgrades aren't mandatory for Diamonds in the Hilton T&C. I just don't want to be limited to a 1 level room upgrade with there are higher room categories galore sitting empty.

Last edited by Cat88L3; Apr 20, 2021 at 4:53 pm
Old Apr 22, 2021, 12:45 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I'm also based in Jakarta, and probably have been to Bali more times since COVID started than in my entire 15 years in Jakarta. Probably split my stays 75% Conrad, 25% Hilton. I'ver been upgraded 100% of my stays from a Hilton Go rate @ the Conrad (lowest room category) to an Ocean Front or lagoon room (never a suite). The one time I did want a suite, I checked what the NOR1 upgrade offer was, and emailed the hotel directly and offered them half of that price. They responded in 2 hours and said sure, we will take your offer.

Also, I've met the GM. He is very personable and actively sought out our opinions about operations one day at breakfast. We had many. He hunted me down again the next day, and told me what the "changes to our recommendations" would be. Email him, or speak with him, let him know your thoughts as to why you would or wouldn't stay there again.

I'm going again next week, I'll report back if upgraded and into what....
batosai and Cat88L3 like this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
I'm also based in Jakarta, and probably have been to Bali more times since COVID started than in my entire 15 years in Jakarta. Probably split my stays 75% Conrad, 25% Hilton. I'ver been upgraded 100% of my stays from a Hilton Go rate @ the Conrad (lowest room category) to an Ocean Front or lagoon room (never a suite). The one time I did want a suite, I checked what the NOR1 upgrade offer was, and emailed the hotel directly and offered them half of that price. They responded in 2 hours and said sure, we will take your offer.

Also, I've met the GM. He is very personable and actively sought out our opinions about operations one day at breakfast. We had many. He hunted me down again the next day, and told me what the "changes to our recommendations" would be. Email him, or speak with him, let him know your thoughts as to why you would or wouldn't stay there again.

I'm going again next week, I'll report back if upgraded and into what....
Please do ! I have a 4-night stay in May.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 11:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Bali is a land of amazing people who have been absolutely crushed economically because of Covid...if you have the the privilege of going to Bali any time soon if/when they open and want a suite, pay for the f***** suite
Old Apr 23, 2021, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Bali is a land of amazing people who have been absolutely crushed economically because of Covid...if you have the the privilege of going to Bali any time soon if/when they open and want a suite, pay for the f***** suite
The Conrad owners might be be feeling slightly bruised but are unlikely to be crushed. If you choose to spread some financial aid to the suffering people of Bali, there are better ways to achieve that aim than by cosseting yourself in luxury
Old Apr 23, 2021, 8:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
I guess I just let the resorts stick it to me. I book the room I'm satisfied with, and if I end up getting an upgrade, it's a bonus. I always get a kick out of people who book the cheapest room and except to get a suite.
DC9 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The Conrad owners might be be feeling slightly bruised but are unlikely to be crushed. If you choose to spread some financial aid to the suffering people of Bali, there are better ways to achieve that aim than by cosseting yourself in luxury
IIRC the hotel is owned by PT Oriental Indah whose president is Pak Tatang Hermawan. In his own right he is #98 on Indonesia's Forbes list in 2021 with something of ~380m USD in personal wealth.

So yeah, I would agree that we don't need to shed tears for him just yet. The normal people of Bali have suffered of course, as have others in many tourism dependent places around the world.

Last edited by demue; Apr 23, 2021 at 10:04 am
Old Apr 23, 2021, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by demue
IIRC the hotel is owned by PT Oriental Indah whose president is Pak Tatang Hermawan. In his own right he is #98 on Indonesia's Forbes list in 2021 with something of ~380m USD in personal wealth.

So yeah, I would agree that we don't need to shed tears for him just yet. The normal people of Bali have suffered of course, as have others in many tourism dependent places around the world.
The GM is very open to those who wish to make contributions directly to the hotel team members. He facilitates the process and makes it very easy. For those who wish to help the "normal people" of Bali, a 200,000 rupiah (less than $15) contribution will feed a family for a week. PM me if you need the GM's email.
IAN-UK, Cat88L3 and IzoukI like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.