Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:48 am

Send a complaint to the diamond desk asking exactly what you needed to do to get in, and how others could be in there if there was no room type associated with it.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by Cynicor
Send a complaint to the diamond desk asking exactly what you needed to do to get in, and how others could be in there if there was no room type associated with it.
I agree with the complaint, but to be clear, AndDee is Gold so the Diamond desk can't help.

How many Diamonds would have booked Executive prior to these changes, when they know that they are guaranteed club access?
AndDee likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:32 am

Oops, sorry, yes of course. I agree, it's a move made in very poor form to apply it. All they needed to do was apply it as of, say, 6 months out instead of immediately, and to all non-refundable rates for 9-12 months. Instead they are trying to offer paid upgrades to the better club. Terrible.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
So after heading to the level 4 lounge again

finally got an answer

executive rooms get access the CLUB if you get upgraded to the CLUB

as I was Gold and booked EXEC I was meant to have access but they thought I had booked a lower room and was upgraded to EXEC

basically confusion all around
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:08 am

I hope you got a huge apology and some decent service recovery. I'd definitely email HH if not, and be posting terrible reviews everywhere!
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AndDee
So after heading to the level 4 lounge again

finally got an answer

executive rooms get access the CLUB if you get upgraded to the CLUB

as I was Gold and booked EXEC I was meant to have access but they thought I had booked a lower room and was upgraded to EXEC

basically confusion all around
Sorry for the confusion on my part.. Could you please elaborate on what you mean by "executive rooms get access the CLUB if you get upgraded to the CLUB"
Old Apr 11, 2018, 7:22 am

CLUB = 31F lounge access.

From past posts, they are creating a new category of rooms like Club King, Club Twin, etc. These rooms include access to the 31F lounge, and will be a new higher category.

What's confusing is that previous posts said only Diamonds booking Exec will receive 31F access. It seems that both Gold and Diamonds will receive Club when they book Exec.

If you book anything below Exec, even as Diamond or Gold, you will only get access to 4F.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by stargold
CLUB = 31F lounge access.

From past posts, they are creating a new category of rooms like Club King, Club Twin, etc. These rooms include access to the 31F lounge, and will be a new higher category.

What's confusing is that previous posts said only Diamonds booking Exec will receive 31F access. It seems that both Gold and Diamonds will receive Club when they book Exec.

If you book anything below Exec, even as Diamond or Gold, you will only get access to 4F.
Makes sense, but currently no such room category exists, so I can see where the confusion arises. And with this being the case, only DIAs (and maybe GLDs) that book an Exec room or Suite should have access to the 31F Lounge until someone without DIA (and perhaps GLD) status can purchase a qualifying Club room.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:20 am

I've just checked in to a Exec Room, which was upgraded to an Exec Suite. I was Gold until a couple of weeks ago, but bumped down to Silver.

Upon check in I was being told about Exec Room features and when it came to the lounge part and being told it was on level 4, I replied "I thought it was on the 31st floor", to which they explained about the difference between Exec and Club.

So my reply was "I didn't see Club rooms available, can I book one", to which they replied, "no they are not ready yet".

Long story short, it was agreed that as the Club rooms are not available, I shouldn't be penalised because of it and I have been given access to both lounges.
AndDee likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:04 am

First evening in the lounge and I can see why they have decided to split it. Flip flops, children, track suits, baseball caps etc.

Doesn't bother me, but I guess they want a top quality lounge without all of that.
AndDee likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:06 am

I don't see how all these people can be there when everyone seems to be denied access!

i'd love someone to ask outright what needs to be booked to get "club"
AndDee likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Cynicor
I don't see how all these people can be there when everyone seems to be denied access!

i'd love someone to ask outright what needs to be booked to get "club"
Agreed.. seems a bit absurd!
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:19 am

I personally do not mind Level 4 setup but dislike the segregation. But I supose this is no different from Sheraton's lounge / Sheraton's Tower Lounge.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Hopefully will dilute the crowding
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
So they are still using the same story... you need to book a club room to get club access.. yet no rooms available to book.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.