Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2018, 2:30 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
This is completely against Hilton Honors policies for Conrads, especially for HH Diamonds. If they want to provide a lounge for Golds, awesome, but the program rules are specific. I suppose they could try to reflag as a WA, but I don't think they are the right fit for that brand.

well its not. The 4th floor will be the Hilton Honors Lounge. 31st is a different lounge, indeed they can call it a club therefore it Is not the lounge. Either way you have access to a Lounge as per requirements.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 5:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
has this started?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gav0106

well its not. The 4th floor will be the Hilton Honors Lounge. 31st is a different lounge, indeed they can call it a club therefore it Is not the lounge. Either way you have access to a Lounge as per requirements.
I hate to repeat myself, but..

"6Executive Floor Lounge Access Policy: The following policy applies at all Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, and DoubleTree by Hilton™ and Tapestry Collection by Hilton™ hotels with Executive Floor Lounges. Executive Floor Lounges are available only at select properties.
  1. If you are a Hilton Honors guest with Gold status, you and up to one additional registered guest in the same room will be granted complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge only if you receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor or an upgrade to a room type that confers Executive Floor Lounge access benefits.
  2. If you are a Hilton Honors guest with Diamond status, you and up to one additional registered guest in the same room will always enjoy complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge, even if you do not receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor."
Unless the 4th floor is on the Executive Floor (not), then it is against the T&Cs..

Old Mar 28, 2018, 6:37 pm
Suspended

I hate to repeat myself, but..

"6Executive Floor Lounge Access Policy: The following policy applies at all Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, and DoubleTree by Hilton™ and Tapestry Collection by Hilton™ hotels with Executive Floor Lounges. Executive Floor Lounges are available only at select properties.
  1. If you are a Hilton Honors guest with Gold status, you and up to one additional registered guest in the same room will be granted complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge only if you receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor or an upgrade to a room type that confers Executive Floor Lounge access benefits.
  2. If you are a Hilton Honors guest with Diamond status, you and up to one additional registered guest in the same room will always enjoy complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge, even if you do not receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor."
Unless the 4th floor is on the Executive Floor (not), then it is against the T&Cs..

Errmm-- the language means the lounge which guests staying on the Executive Floor have access to...the lounge perse doesnt need to be on the "executive floor". Anyways I will avoid this property in favor of JB.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by ashkale
Errmm-- the language means the lounge which guests staying on the Executive Floor have access to...the lounge perse doesnt need to be on the "executive floor". Anyways I will avoid this property in favor of JB.
I think I'm starting to sound like a jerk, but..
  1. If you are a Hilton Honors guest with Diamond status, you and up to one additional registered guest in the same room will always enjoy complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge, even if you do not receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor."
Old Mar 28, 2018, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Exactly, executive floor lounge does not need to be on the executive floor and I know a lot of properties in which this is the case including doubletree KL/JB.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:21 pm

I'm as annoyed and disappointed by the change as anyone, but I think relying on a wording technicality is not likely to fly. Many lounges aren't on exec floors, including H Berlin and Conrad London right off the top of my head.
giving you a lounge means they've done their bit. Best vote with your feet like I will be.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:38 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Out of interest. Let’s say they move the exec lounge to 4th floor with same service and food and drink. What is the real issue? I get it’s not as nice views as 31st floor. But what reason is there not to use hotel?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 3:58 am

Assuming it's all the same, the loss of view is a moderately small thing but there is also a loss of privacy on 4th floor, and I would wonder if they are doing checkin etc there too.

but overall it's just another deterioration in the hotel service, including the loss of champagne for sparkling.
for me I was already borderline on the place and took a while to decide on the Conrad. This would have swung me away from it.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 4:03 am

But also, let's be realistic. You now have 1 lounge that has paying guests and one that can be termed "freeloaders". They are diamonds but might never have spent a dollar in SIN or the Conrad.

Which lounge will deteriorate first? I just don't think the change itself augers well.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Cynicor
But also, let's be realistic. You now have 1 lounge that has paying guests and one that can be termed "freeloaders". They are diamonds but might never have spent a dollar in SIN or the Conrad.

Which lounge will deteriorate first? I just don't think the change itself augers well.
Let's say we have this scenario.

Person A is part of a cruise tour group, "purchases" Exec Room through tour package (heavily discounted bulk buy), no status, stays 2 nights and never will be back (met these folks before)
Person B is a DIA, can't buy Exec Room due to corporate policy, but is staying 5 nights at a higher rate than bulk rate of Person A, and always stays at the Conrad when in SIN over the years (yours truly)

Who is more valuable to the hotel and who do they want to encourage to stay there? Just saying..
Old Mar 29, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Let's say we have this scenario.

Person A is part of a cruise tour group, "purchases" Exec Room through tour package (heavily discounted bulk buy), no status, stays 2 nights and never will be back (met these folks before)
Person B is a DIA, can't buy Exec Room due to corporate policy, but is staying 5 nights at a higher rate than bulk rate of Person A, and always stays at the Conrad when in SIN over the years (yours truly)

Who is more valuable to the hotel and who do they want to encourage to stay there? Just saying..
If you really want to be on the 31st floor so much, you could certainly pay out of your pocket to upgrade. As for someone paying a lower rate yet getting a better room, it happens all the time. I'm certainly envious of those with corporate rates paying half what I'm paying, even when they're on vacation, but what would be the point of complaining about it?

Another option is try your DYKWIA at check-in rather than here on FT; I'm afraid no one here is in a position to give you an upgrade to the "Club" lounge or whatever they want to call it.
Cynicor and kaffir76 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
If you really want to be on the 31st floor so much, you could certainly pay out of your pocket to upgrade. As for someone paying a lower rate yet getting a better room, it happens all the time. I'm certainly envious of those with corporate rates paying half what I'm paying, even when they're on vacation, but what would be the point of complaining about it?

Another option is try your DYKWIA at check-in rather than here on FT; I'm afraid no one here is in a position to give you an upgrade to the "Club" lounge or whatever they want to call it.
I appreciate the feedback. I'm just pointing out what I think is an illogical approach to the lounge access rules. I'm not going to, and never have, made a scene about these types of inconsistencies with any hotel staff.. they do not make the rules, just enforce them. In this case, I really feel for the those who have earned the LT DIA status, having spent a tremendous amount of time at Hilton properties, and now are considered second class citizens compared to a 1 and done customer.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
So just want to clarify, is this 2-tier lounge system already in effect, or is it going to be in effect after the 4th floor lounge is renovated? I thought i read as such elsewhere.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
I appreciate the feedback. I'm just pointing out what I think is an illogical approach to the lounge access rules. I'm not going to, and never have, made a scene about these types of inconsistencies with any hotel staff.. they do not make the rules, just enforce them. In this case, I really feel for the those who have earned the LT DIA status, having spent a tremendous amount of time at Hilton properties, and now are considered second class citizens compared to a 1 and done customer.
I think many understand point you are making. But if you say that a hotel has to stick with every single letter on the rule, then New York Hilton Midtown and Hilton Boston Back Bay both have an Executive Lounge on 1st fl. along with restaurants and front desk. If we apply your reasoning the you as a Diamond should not have access to an Executive Lounge unless you are on paid stay in executive room. But if that Is the case then likely you will be the first one barking false.

How hotels points programs and airlines miles program involved, it is no seacreat that a person achieving highest status does not mean a person is a valuable guest to the hotel. From hotel's prospective a guest who make paid stay in presidential suit every three months will be more valuable than a guest who pay for cheapest room every month.

Many airlines in the U.S. threw in revenue aspect in their program because airlines know a passemger who flies paid first class every four month is more valuable than a passenger who flies cheapest economy fare every month.

Also, will you still have a problem if Conrad Singapore serve better food and liquors on 4th fl. Executive Lounge than at 31st fl. Club Lounge.

I think many understand your point but same time many feels that you are making way big deal about the lounge access. It is nice perks but many time I have skipped lounge during my stay. It is not like a lounge serve three star quality food, not even one star quality..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.