Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2018, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
As a diamond have always been upgd to exec rooms but now the 31st floor lounge is entirely dependant on the upgd..not a happy place for loyalty.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:35 pm

That's not quite correct. Even if upgraded you can't get in. Paid only.
As a diamond- all gst access to 4th floor, no access to 31st unless paid exec.
as a gold (this part is a guess) no access to 31st unless paid. Access only to 4th if upgraded to exec
ashkale likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:40 pm

Ambience wise, I am sure 31F is nicer until 4F is renovated (will it be?). Question is, how different is the F&B offering between the 2 lounges?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Ugraded to executive room as Diamond, but not allowed entry to 31st lounge...and that's for someone who gained, retained, and just again retained Diamond in the SG Conrad exclusively, and the hard way, all paid nights :-(

Diamonds who book an executive room will get access to the "Club" lounge on 31st. Golds that book an executive room will not. Apparently "Club" will be a new room level, bookable in the immediate future. So the marketing here is that if you book and pay for an executive room as a Diamond, you will be able to access the Club lounge (whereas a Gold or lower would not).

Main difference seems to be slightly better food (much better presented), much better decor / ambience, and more premium drinks - e.g. Laurent Perrier Champagne. The whole theme is really an extension of the remodelled rooms - light browns, creams, and mostly tables with 3-4 seats per table.

My main criticism here would be that this should be MUCH better communicated, including at check in. Also, the HH app still clearly states Diamond benefits as 31st Lounge access. Of course, the reality is there are too many Golds and Diamonds, and I suspect previous guests who paid for executive rooms complained that the lounge was overrun by large and rowdy crowds of people. In my experience, such overcrowding was down to secret escape "packages", which I think were popular revenue generators pre refurb. It's a shame SG Conrad has gone down this path - part of the appeal of the 31st lounge is the great views. Let's see how long it lasts and the cost point for "Club".

I will probably shift more revenue to SPG (like I did during the refurb). Sheraton Towers, although a tad old, almost always give me a suite or cabana room as a Platinum, and W Sentosa does when available (as well as lots of drink vouchers in lieu of a lounge). Also, the Vagabond treats Platinums very well. In Singapore, the Garden Inn is ok for the price point, the Hilton is (in my opinion very very mediocre and suffers from terrible damp, and now with this new policy at Conrad, I don't think I'll renew Diamond.

Last edited by EGW1; Apr 2, 2018 at 9:11 am
Old Apr 2, 2018, 4:25 am

I think if this policy will spread to other properties it'll become a problem for HH loyalty program.

Where is the incentive to spend 60 nights / 30 stays if your benefits are axed,you'll be treated like a freeloader and there is
a certain CC to get Dia anyway.

As by now,there is also no more incentive for me to stay in the Conrad Singapore this year as planed,instead I'll go for the Intercon and/ or Hilton SIN.

With the deterioration of loyalty programs,it is questionable if they make much sense like 10-20 years ago.Instead ,going with the Hotel / Airline where
I'll get the biggest bang for my buck.

If you are booking Executive Floor / flying J or F, you'll have the same benefits anyway.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 6:24 am

Never imagined the Hilton Singapore would have better views in their executive lounge than the Conrad
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by EGW1
Ugraded to executive room as Diamond, but not allowed entry to 31st lounge...and that's for someone who gained, retained, and just again retained Diamond in the SG Conrad exclusively, and the hard way, all paid nights :-(...
Very sad development. On my next visit to Singapore, I am staying at the Hilton - lower cost, an acceptable lounge and perhaps even a better breakfast; a better location as well (at least for me).
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by EGW1
Ugraded to executive room as Diamond, but not allowed entry to 31st lounge...and that's for someone who gained, retained, and just again retained Diamond in the SG Conrad exclusively, and the hard way, all paid nights :-(

Diamonds who book an executive room will get access to the "Club" lounge on 31st. Golds that book an executive room will not. Apparently "Club" will be a new room level, bookable in the immediate future. So the marketing here is that if you book and pay for an executive room as a Diamond, you will be able to access the Club lounge (whereas a Gold or lower would not).
I'm going to assume "Club Rooms" are going to offer more than just the 31st floor lounge ? Otherwise it's a horrid deal for Gold members, basically by booking Exec Room, the hotel dosen't need to provide you with anything more. I remembered when still starting out on Honors, I used to go for NOR1 upgrades here which saved about 50SGD/night compared to booking Exec Room direct.

As Diamond booking Exec Room, I can foresee many expecting a Suite upgrade as well. Based on my last stay in a refurb-ed room, definitely not impressed compared to what other 5*+ hotels are offering. Furnishing is sparse and toilet is still old without TV and no Japanese style WC (self opening lids, night light etc).

Strange the hotel does not just increase the rate of their "Business Room" (current 1-cat below Exec) if they wanted to "upgrade" the Level 4 Lounge which used to only serve breakfast, instead of creating a new cat above Exec (Club Room). Are there really THAT many Diamonds who freeload off the lounge here ?

Last edited by wantan; Apr 2, 2018 at 7:38 pm
Old Apr 3, 2018, 12:39 am

So the folks are home. Both lounges are crowded on weekends but the redone 31st is nice enough. They only wandered through the 4th but they say it was more crowded and a bit gloomy and lacked privacy.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Here at the moment as a Gold with booked Executive room

Level 4 access only

It's so temporary feeling and just old

Pushed twice for level 31 access and was denied as they said its for when you book the higher level room...... which doesnt even exist yet

Told them with this poor lounge I won't be back as I loved the view from level 31

Disgraceful by Conrad
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by AndDee

Level 4 access only

Pushed twice for level 31 access and was denied as they said its for when you book the higher level room...... which doesnt even exist yet

Told them with this poor lounge I won't be back as I loved the view from level 31

Disgraceful by Conrad
So as a Gold, which room do you have to book to get access to level 31 ? Is it only accessible if you're a Diamond, and book executive room ?
Sounds like level 4 is the absolute pits - does anyone have any photos ? Is it really that bad ?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by AndDee

Level 4 access only

Disgraceful by Conrad
That's crazy. What were they trying to say you should have booked, and how were others in there? What a crock. I can't see any reason to stay again past my unfortunately prepaid rates.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Cynicor
That's crazy. What were they trying to say you should have booked, and how were others in there? What a crock. I can't see any reason to stay again past my unfortunately prepaid rates.
I actually booked an upcoming non-refundable stay back in December 2017. Back then, there was no Level 31 vs Level 4 fiasco. Can I argue that at that point of time, there was no such policy and as such, I should not be denied Level 31 lounge?

That aside, it is very poor of them to create this new category. Looks like it will be my last stay with them...I'm voting with my feet.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:20 pm

My play would be to ask for a refund based on the changes, despite it's non refundable status. See if they counteroffer.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
They had no idea what room I need to book they are confused

was meant to get a call back but never did..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.