Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I doubt the hotel is prepared to or is able to provide top mattress. You will (and should) be referred to book a king room. (but admittedly I have first hand experience)

Anyway, just book 2 twin beds. 1 bed should be able to accommodate 2 persons if they are used to sleep together/in the same bed,

8 nights in SIN?? Why would you spent such long time in SIN? 2-3 nights would be sufficient.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:45 am

I've had that gap issue before. You don't fall and hit the floor, but getting wedged in the gap is annoying and uncomfortable.

and I could spend 8 nights in SIN. Surely just because you don't like/know/ realise what there is there doesn't mean everyone is the same.

Day trips to the zoos, Pulau Ubin, the nearby historic islands, change war memorial, the rainforest would easily fill 4-5 days before including any city/museums/shopping.

i wouldn't do it multiple times. It you'd be surprised what is there.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:07 am
cjd

Originally Posted by SK AAR
8 nights in SIN?? Why would you spent such long time in SIN? 2-3 nights would be sufficient.
I would love to spend another 8 nights in Singapore, especially at the Conrad. Have been there many times and love the place. So much to do and see. The Conrad is right beside the underground rail network and lots of attractions are within walking distance of an MRT station.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Thanks guys. King bed definitely won'y sleep 3 comfortably correct? I need 8 nights because I need to attend to something at the bank. Also will be dropping by legoland And I want to take things easy.
Old May 2, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: NH*G PLT Hilton-DIA
Interesting. Was offered "paid" upgrade to an executive room with club lounge access upon checking in.
Original booking made last year was for normal deluxe. Took the offer, which was S$50 per night, just to see what the renovated lounge looks like. Didn't see much has changed, but with very few people it was very quiet in the weekday arvo.
Old May 6, 2018, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by k3nnis
Thanks. My wife doesn’t want to pay $80/night for 8 nights for the rollaway
My wife rang them a while ago, with the same question, and was told rollaways were free (vs paid at the Hilton) ?
Old May 6, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by plutekplutek
My wife rang them a while ago, with the same question, and was told rollaways were free (vs paid at the Hilton) ?
ok thanks.
Old May 11, 2018, 12:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Recently did a detailed review of the property based on a stay about a fortnight ago:

Conrad Centennial Singapore Review - The MileLion

Given the recent discussion on the two lounges, thought the coverage (with lots of photos) would be of interest to some of you (can just scroll down to the "A tale of two lounges" segment).

The access guidelines I'd heard from staff are:
  • Executive Lounge (Level 4): For guests booking Executive rooms, Hilton Honors Diamond members, as well as Hilton Honors Gold members booking at least a Premium room.
  • The Club (Level 31): For guests booking suites, as well as Hilton Honors Diamond and Gold members booking at least an Executive room.
Although in practice I'm sure they give some leeway to frequent guests, lifetime diamond etc., if they have capacity.

My personal view on the dual lounge system - I found the food offerings to be comparable, though I felt that the Level 4 Executive Lounge was significantly more crowded than the Level 31 Club.

On its own merits, the Executive Lounge is pretty decent – if I were new to the property, I think I’d be pretty satisfied with it. For guests used to accessing the old Level 31 lounge, though, I can see why it would feel like a downgrade.
lkar and Assimilated Cajun like this.

Last edited by Lctkw; May 12, 2018 at 4:32 am Reason: fixed typo
Old May 11, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Lctkw

My personal view on the dual lounge system - I found the food offerings to be comparable, though I felt that the Level 4 Executive Lounge was significantly more crowded than the Level 31 Club.

On its own merits, the Executive Lounge is pretty decent – if I were new to the property, I think I’d be pretty satisfied with it. For guests used to accessing the old Level 31 lounge, though, I can see why it would feel like a downgrade.
Ugh...that 4th Floor lounge looks dreadful compared to the "real" lounge on the 31st Floor. And I'm not interested in watching people frolicking in the swimming pool while I sit in the lounge. As a Diamond, I shall cross this hotel off of my list.
Old May 11, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond

The access guidelines I'd heard from staff are:
  • Executive Lounge (Level 4): For guests booking Executive rooms, Hilton Honors Diamond members, as well as Hilton Honors Gold members booking at least a Premium room.
  • The Club (Level 31): For guests booking suites, as well as Hilton Honors Diamond and Gold members booking at least an Executive room.
Although in practice in sure they give some leeway to frequent guests, lifetime diamond etc., if they have capacity.

It seems like there is very little differentiation b/w Golds and Diamonds in this case, or none, if booking an Exec room. I wonder what the "rule" is if a DIA is upgraded to a Suite from a Standard room (happened to me on several occasions)?
Old May 11, 2018, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Recently did a detailed review of the property based on a stay about a fortnight ago:
Very helpful review.

The 4th floor lounge looks like a domestic Marriott.
Assimilated Cajun likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Very helpful review.

The 4th floor lounge looks like a domestic Marriott.
"Domestic" could be anywhere in the world
Cynicor likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 3:15 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
My dad stayed there one night. Booked points and cash basic room . Gold member. Given access to 4th floor but asked about 31st. Got a phone call back allowing access as he was only there one night. As a family we have stayed many time so not sure if that may have helped
Old May 11, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Lightbulb

To those Diamonds that have been a victim of this Executive Lounge bait and switch, I would encourage you to post your negative reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor, as this chap did (the hotel GM provided a very lame response):

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...Singapore.html
Assimilated Cajun likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
any idea if i can bring an extra guest to the lounge? how strict are they in chekcing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.