Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2019, 8:28 pm

A zoomed-in view from room 1420, the Merlion is perfectly obscured by a tree.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 8:35 pm

view from room --20 (based on Google Earth)

I stayed in 3006, which was great view-wise.
But I think that, even if I had stayed in room --20 on a floor in the teens, my view would've been decent.

On the even-number room side (the side that faces downtown and Marina Bay and Merlion), you primarily have 2 buildings blocking the view: Pan Pacific and Mandarin.
PP is as tall or taller than Conrad, so you can't see anything past it regardless of how high up you're staying at Conrad.
Since Mandarin is shorter than Conrad, you could see the view past it if you're staying on a very high floor at Conrad.

Below diagrams show presumed boundaries of your view from room --20, with red being the left boundary limited by PP, the purple being the right boundary limited by Mandarin. Remember that you can overcome the purple boundary by staying on a really high floor at Conrad. The lower photo was taken from room 3006, but it gives you a rough idea of the extent of view you might get from room --20.

Based on this, I speculate that you should be able to see Merlion and some portion of the Marina Bay from any even-numbered room between -06 and -20 (possibly even up to -22), but which part of the downtown skyline (and to what extent) will vary.

* Editing to add: just saw klew97's post after I had posted the above. What a timely post from someone who stayed in -20 room. I guess based on his pic, my info was fairly accurate except that you do get view obstruction of things that are between Pan Pacific and Mandarin if you're staying even on 14th floor. That's too bad. But I would think that you should be able to see Merlion from room 2020, for instance.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is the windows seem to fog up pretty bad after you leave A/C on for a while (at least was the case in room 3006 and the 31st floor EL).

Cat88L3 likes this.

Last edited by evergrn; Dec 8, 2019 at 10:12 pm Reason: editing after seeing klew97's post
Old Dec 8, 2019, 10:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Like what @evergrn mentioned, PanPac blocks a huge portion of the view.

Two of my recent stays (I didn't note down room numbers, but from online receipt, seems to be room 2326 / 2820 respectively).

Last edited by shuigao; Dec 8, 2019 at 10:34 pm
Old Dec 8, 2019, 10:30 pm

Programs: BA SIlver, Virgin Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
I just completed a stay here in a suite on 29th floor.

I like the refreshed decor and staff were great.

Sofas in living room are horrendously uncomfortable. They look great, but are completely impractical for watching TV or reading. Anyone else find this issue?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 4:07 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by anonymous_third_party
I just completed a stay here in a suite on 29th floor.

I like the refreshed decor and staff were great.

Sofas in living room are horrendously uncomfortable. They look great, but are completely impractical for watching TV or reading. Anyone else find this issue?
LOL. Yes, me too!

I was upgraded to a Suite on my last stay & whilst the room/decor was very appealing the sofas are, well, crap! Hotels have a fetish, it seems, for installing chairs/sofas that are just not comfortable to lounge in
I am there again next week & couldn't care less about a Suite upgrade, just give me a quiet King Room! ^
Old Dec 9, 2019, 5:56 am

there's currently 5 suites open between now and when i check in later this month. hoping for a suite upgrade as diamond, will report back
Old Dec 15, 2019, 4:41 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by NoY
LOL. Yes, me too!

I was upgraded to a Suite on my last stay & whilst the room/decor was very appealing the sofas are, well, crap! Hotels have a fetish, it seems, for installing chairs/sofas that are just not comfortable to lounge in
I am there again next week & couldn't care less about a Suite upgrade, just give me a quiet King Room! ^
Booked Deluxe Twin (cheapest room) & at checkin was offered a Grand Deluxe King; I requested (& was granted) a 4pm next day checkout & was then allocated a King Executive bay view room - great view ^

Checkin agent was as cold as ice - no warmth, greeting or Diamond acknowledgement. Happy with the outcome but done soullessly. 31st floor Exec lounge is as good as ever but I did miss the free flow LP
Cynicor and Duke787 like this.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 7:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by NoY
Checkin agent was as cold as ice - no warmth, greeting or Diamond acknowledgement. Happy with the outcome but done soullessly. 31st floor Exec lounge is as good as ever but I did miss the free flow LP
My experiences with this hotel is that the concierge is really friendly and warm, and the 1st (ground) floor check in agents are friendly, but the exec lounge check in agent ... exactly as you describe

Anyway, heading to the hotel tomorrow for a short 2-night stay for my wife's birthday, booked Deluxe King, have never been upgraded to suite before so let's see if 3rd time's the charm :P
NoY and Abidjan like this.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 7:53 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by shuigao
My experiences with this hotel is that the concierge is really friendly and warm, and the 1st (ground) floor check in agents are friendly, but the exec lounge check in agent ... exactly as you describe

Anyway, heading to the hotel tomorrow for a short 2-night stay for my wife's birthday, booked Deluxe King, have never been upgraded to suite before so let's see if 3rd time's the charm :P
Good luck ^ Do update on how it goes!
Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:08 pm

I am diamond level and my spouse is gold level
Our travel plan changes and I need stay an additional night at this hotel and plan to book a 1 night stay with a deluxe room in my husband name .

Can someone please advise the following:
a) Does hotel grant gold member to eat breakfast in the executive lounge or in the restaurant
b) If a companion travel is diamond level and has a booking 1 night ,after a night booking in gold member name, will it increase a change to have a free breakfast in restaurant for both reservation.

Thank you
Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:50 pm

Breakfast for 2 staying in the room, in main buffet, will be granted to all golds and diamonds who have booked a room.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 5:20 pm

I booked a king exec room but was upgraded prior to arrival to a Centennial corner Suite last week. I wasn’t overly impressed with the upper floor lounge which consisted of various rooms and required you to walk down the corridor with plates of food. I never tried the lounge on the pool level.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by passy777
I booked a king exec room but was upgraded prior to arrival to a Centennial corner Suite last week. I wasn’t overly impressed with the upper floor lounge which consisted of various rooms and required you to walk down the corridor with plates of food. I never tried the lounge on the pool level.
How far in advance were you upgraded? I'm attempting the same.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by saaveraward
How far in advance were you upgraded? I'm attempting the same.

if I recall correctly, the upgrade was showing on the Hilton app a day prior to arrival. Hope you hit lucky. Incidentally, I am only gold.

Last edited by passy777; Dec 21, 2019 at 10:41 pm Reason: Amending
Old Dec 21, 2019, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by passy777
if I recall correctly, the upgrade was showing on the Hilton app a day prior to arrival. Hope you hit lucky. Incidentally, I am only gold.
Thanks for the reply. Did you like the suite? Seen numerous comments here about bad views and the lengthwise sofa being quite uncomfortable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.