Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Old Apr 14, 19, 1:08 pm

gaobest, if you have the aspire card and charge things to your room it should be 34 hhonors points per dollar, which means a $700 cabana would get you 23,800 points. Sounds like you are spending quite a bit at hiltons, in which case it probably makes sense to get the Aspire which can translate to roughly 20% cashback for each dollar you spend
Old Apr 15, 19, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by Boringbarry View Post
Sounds like you are spending quite a bit at hiltons, in which case it probably makes sense to get the Aspire which can translate to roughly 20% cashback for each dollar you spend
That's a bit generous on the Hilton valuation I would calculate 14 ppd at a 5.6% rebate (.4 cpp). Also, not sure I would call Hilton points "cashback."
Old Apr 15, 19, 12:36 am

Programs: *S (TK), Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold
Any DP if this hotel would grant free breakfast to 4 guests in a room if two of them are Diamond? I had luck with this at an Asian property.
Old Apr 15, 19, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by italdesign View Post
Any DP if this hotel would grant free breakfast to 4 guests in a room if two of them are Diamond? I had luck with this at an Asian property.
Ha! You can certainly ask when you arrive and, if your persuasion skills are extraordinary, anything is possible. But, in general, you have as much chance of getting this from a Hawaiian chain hotel as being upgraded to the presidential suite on an award stay because you are a Diamond.
italdesign likes this.
Old Apr 15, 19, 9:29 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
That's a bit generous on the Hilton valuation I would calculate 14 ppd at a 5.6% rebate (.4 cpp). Also, not sure I would call Hilton points "cashback."
Shouldn't you include the extra 10 ppd that you get from becoming Diamond as part of the value of the card too? Obviously the value of the points is debatable. I personally figure .5 cpp, but .6 and .4 are perfectly reasonable too.
Old Apr 15, 19, 1:32 pm

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by Boringbarry View Post
gaobest, if you have the aspire card and charge things to your room it should be 34 hhonors points per dollar, which means a $700 cabana would get you 23,800 points. Sounds like you are spending quite a bit at hiltons, in which case it probably makes sense to get the Aspire which can translate to roughly 20% cashback for each dollar you spend
i googled Aspire - itís 14x points - how do you get 34x?
i did read that Aspire includes Diamond although we prefer the ďcheapĒ Lagoon area as opposed to the fancier Napua. I havenít yet read about Diamond benefits at GW but Iíll check...
ill assume the $250 Hilton and $250 airline credits are done when I use Aspire to book the airfare and then any GW lodging or expense. Are the credits just applied to the account so that they would be a statement credit (totally fine with me)
Itís definitely looking tempting to use in 2020...
we really donít stay at hotels that often :-)
Old Apr 15, 19, 2:12 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by gaobest View Post
i googled Aspire - itís 14x points - how do you get 34x?
He's getting 34 like this:
-10pts/$ spent (all HH members get this)
-10pts/$ spent for Diamond members (Aspire changes your elite status to Diamond)
-14pts/$spent for Hilton spending on the Aspire

So its really an extra 24pts/$ spent assuming you charge it to the room and pay with your Aspire
Old Apr 16, 19, 12:23 pm

Thank you! I appreciate the help
sadly my “bill” wasn’t available through the tv. I always feel busy until I get past airport security.
Old Apr 17, 19, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by gaobest View Post
I have a lot of HH points and no idea how to use them. Maybe next year... so I’ll use a “cash back” card for now
will I still receive HH points for money spent at Grand Wailea, even if not using the HH Amex? I don’t have Aspire because I don’t think I can use the benefits to justify the annual fee. I may just not be comprehending how to use the benefits.
For example, the cabana cost is $700. Will I get 700 HH points for this, regardless of how I actually pay for the $700?
we used Costco travel for the lodging because it was cheaper than booking direct. We barely stay at Hilton properties during a calendar year!
What's a lot of HH points? If you don't have an Aspire card and you barely stay at Hilton properties, how are you earning these points? For instance, 100k points doesn't translate to much. I'm currently sitting on 700k points and I consider that a moderate amount of points.
Old Apr 20, 19, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by CalvaryMike View Post
What's a lot of HH points? If you don't have an Aspire card and you barely stay at Hilton properties, how are you earning these points? For instance, 100k points doesn't translate to much. I'm currently sitting on 700k points and I consider that a moderate amount of points.
700k Hilton points is 10 nights in top tier Hilton properties if you use the 5th night free benefit.
Old Apr 21, 19, 4:30 am

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
Booked 2 nights with points and Aspire free night. Will I have to pay resort fees? Thanks
Old Apr 21, 19, 5:29 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by shanna135 View Post
Booked 2 nights with points and Aspire free night. Will I have to pay resort fees? Thanks
Hilton does not charge a resort fee on free rooms, whether it is a certificate or 100% points booking.
Old May 2, 19, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by CalvaryMike View Post
i have 150k points. That100k for getting the card...
so yes... I have some. I really never know what to do. Iím new to Amex / Hilton. But Iíve enjoyed Embassy Suites in the past.
Old May 2, 19, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise View Post
Hilton does not charge a resort fee on free rooms, whether it is a certificate or 100% points booking.
Just be aware of the parking fee (no plausible alternative to park your car), which I think is now $35.
Old May 4, 19, 8:46 am

Any good tours you would recommend? Also are you able to book them through the hotel and charge to the room?

Thanks

Search this Thread