Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2021, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by carlitos
Looks like they are back to their old way of doing things. At the moment, I will can believe I got in with points in Christmas and New Years for 90K points per night. I have been there for Christmas and New Years 2017, 2018 and 2019, but not in the Grand Wailea but in the Wailea via Marriott Points. First time I have seen the Hilton points working for those high season dates. 2020 had to obviously be cancelled, and I had a reservation at the Marriott.
the thing that makes me think award nights are being restricted is the fact there is no availability in low seaso for 1 night over a 90 day stretch but there is garden view everyday iirc which is the next lowest category.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 9:53 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by Megan Murray
I’ve been looking for availability for the 95,000 standard rooms and it seems only a handful of nights are available in 2022. Do these now sell out as soon as they’re released? When I booked for 2021 they seemed freely available throughout the month of August and now there are none for August 2022. I’m debating whether to save them for a trip to the Grand Wailea in 2023 or spend them now at the Waldorf in Orlando for 80,000 a night / $800 a night.
Naaa, it is just Revenue Managers playing their games. They think they can fill the rooms with paying customers, so they wiped out the cheapest room, which is the one that kick starts the price at now 95K a night. When I made the reservation for this Christmas, COVID was still a thing and Hawaii was still super restricted, so I am positive they just went and open all inventory, as they thought they were not going to fill the hotel. Although now with Omicron, USA seems to be the only country without restrictions/closures/partial lockdowns in the first world.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 12:16 am

Programs: United GS 3 MM LT, Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, HH LT Diamond
Diamond Question. I have two rooms at GW at the moment. I am getting $50 F&B credit daily for 1 room as a Diamond member, not both. The last few years everyone in a Diamond room got free breakfast. Last Christmas at the Marco Island Hilton I had 3 rooms and got 2 free breakfasts for each one. I was told at GW front desk it varies per property, and GW only gives Diamond perk to one room. Is this how it always has been at the GW?
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:48 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by JB123
Diamond Question. I have two rooms at GW at the moment. I am getting $50 F&B credit daily for 1 room as a Diamond member, not both. The last few years everyone in a Diamond room got free breakfast. Last Christmas at the Marco Island Hilton I had 3 rooms and got 2 free breakfasts for each one. I was told at GW front desk it varies per property, and GW only gives Diamond perk to one room. Is this how it always has been at the GW?
We had a 3 br condo at the GW recently, 6 people, 2 of us are Diamond, and we were given just one $50 credit per day. Don't know if that's the way it has always been.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 5:58 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Upgrade to the Napua Tower for a Diamond is a very rare thing, and is technically forbidden by the T&Cs.
I have received it multiple times. Not rare for me
Old Jan 1, 2022, 11:46 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Hotel released a TON of 95K/Free night award availability for this month and next month.

Is hawaii covid situation getting worse = cancellations, or just standard award dumps?
Old Jan 1, 2022, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Hotel released a TON of 95K/Free night award availability for this month and next month.

Is hawaii covid situation getting worse = cancellations, or just standard award dumps?
I only see the next couple weeks @ 95K. I still see nothing @ 95K in February, straight up sold out for five days early in the month. Shame, because airfare from LA was (still is?) $200RT
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:28 pm

Grand Wailea shows 9+ rooms available for FNC bookings for next Xmas and New Years and a lot of availability for 5+ nights (only) in August.
loomis, dc10forlife and Gertjaars like this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 1:50 pm
Suspended

I see this too! Still available as of now
Originally Posted by drekin
Grand Wailea shows 9+ rooms available for FNC bookings for next Xmas and New Years and a lot of availability for 5+ nights (only) in August.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the alert, drekin! I made my speculative award booking for Christmas through New Years. Yeah!
Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by loomis
Thanks for the alert, drekin! I made my speculative award booking for Christmas through New Years. Yeah!

As did I. Thank you!!!!!
Old Jan 4, 2022, 11:49 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Ja, just getting back from 10 nights (Christmas and New Years) at the Grand Wailea. And I was just pit stopping to tell a little about my stay, and now I see I can book again for the end of the year

Thanks for the alert drekin !! Just got in again for New Years 2022/2023

Clarification: after landing on a Red Eye from Vegas, I just made two reservations back to back (my SO and myself) for 5 nights each, starting on December 22 and checking out on January 1st, 2023. At the beginning, even though Amex transfers to Hilton immediately, the system wasn't recognizing the new balance, although it clearly showed it. But after a couple minutes, it did, and the two double beds option for 380K HH Points worked. This year past year (12/23/2021), we were upgraded as Golds to an Ocean View room for the 10 nights, so maybe we can score the same upgrade next year

I used to go to the Marriott Wailea next door, and did for 2017, 2018 & 2019 during New Years. But you can't beat the Hilton, as Marriott does charge a Resort Fee even with points, they only give you a crappy Starbucks coffee, pastry and cup of fruit as Titanium and never upgrade you even to partial ocean view. In the past, I only booked with them because the total points for 5 nights was super cheap. This year not only do they want an insane amount of points in their own currency, but they are about to switch also to dynamic pricing in march, which, of course, makes the Grand Wailea a no brainer.
kirkwoodj likes this.

Last edited by carlitos; Jan 5, 2022 at 5:21 am
Old Jan 7, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Christmas week award inventory has dried up

Congrats to those who were able to book an award stay at GW over Christmas week. That inventory appears to be gone now.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Has anyone traveled here on solo stay? Do they treat you better if 1 guest instead of two?
Old Jan 7, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Has anyone traveled here on solo stay? Do they treat you better if 1 guest instead of two?
How would you know?
I have been upgraded here as solo Diamond.
Gertjaars likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.