Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
The main entrance has been open throughout construction...it just the checkin, concierge and other services were moved to the ballroom entrance. Not sure this means those functions are back at the main entrance or not.
They are.
BlueZebra likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 6:18 am

Main lobby check-in is open. It was really easy to find street parking Saturday around 5pm. The walk back to the hotel was great saw a few whales.

At check-in we inquired about the 50 dollar a day diamond credit and we're told that's a total 250 for the stay and doesn't have to be used daily.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 7:19 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by jhartt3
Main lobby check-in is open. It was really easy to find street parking Saturday around 5pm. The walk back to the hotel was great saw a few whales.

At check-in we inquired about the 50 dollar a day diamond credit and we're told that's a total 250 for the stay and doesn't have to be used daily.
Glad to hear it doesn't have to be used daily...that is a major plus, IMHO.
dlaue likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
On checkout statement yesterday there was a $200 credit included. Had no hassles, and received late checkout to boot. Looking forward to main lobby/art/bar area and Napua reopening.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by jhartt3

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Glad to hear it doesn't have to be used daily...that is a major plus, IMHO.
At check-in yesterday, I inquired about the f&b credit and was told that it has to be used daily, and it can't be used to offset the cost of OMO lounge.
I guess, it depends on who you talk to.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by asdfghjk
At check-in yesterday, I inquired about the f&b credit and was told that it has to be used daily, and it can't be used to offset the cost of OMO lounge.
I guess, it depends on who you talk to.
That was not the case at all, both when I asked at checkin, and on checkout statement as mentioned above.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
That was not the case at all, both when I asked at checkin, and on checkout statement as mentioned above.
In October the whole $250 was just taken off the final bill.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Same for us. But I recall some discussion here right after we got back that they had changed to daily use required. Yes, some consistency would be nice.

Slightly related, Conrad DC also does the $50 per day (for two people, total), and they give it as a credit at the end, so you don't need to use it daily. They were making some great steaks at lunch when were there in September.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 12:49 pm

Got quoted $800 including tax per day to upgrade to Napua club in august from a standard room.

what are the other benefits besides the lounge? Seems like the rooms will be updated as well
Old Feb 20, 2022, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by atojbk
Got quoted $800 including tax per day to upgrade to Napua club in august from a standard room.

what are the other benefits besides the lounge? Seems like the rooms will be updated as well
To those of you who are outraged that valet parking is $65, this one does it for me. How much could you possibly eat and drink that much in the same old same old space every day (and I'd be damned if I'd go out to a restaurant after committing to this). Drag yourself off your lounge chair to go to lunch? No thanks. And this is on top of the points or cash for the room?

Yes I've stayed in Club Level rooms in plenty of places, and none have come close, not even close, to that price.

But it's all about choices.
BigFishDave likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I asked a different front desk agent this morning. She said the daily f&b credit will be treated as a lump sum at checkout 🤔. Let's see how it will be handled at checkout.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 4:22 pm

points. Yeah seems nutty lol.

To those of you who are outraged that valet parking is $65, this one does it for me. How much could you possibly eat and drink that much in the same old same old space every day (and I'd be damned if I'd go out to a restaurant after committing to this). Drag yourself off your lounge chair to go to lunch? No thanks. And this is on top of the points or cash for the room?

Yes I've stayed in Club Level rooms in plenty of places, and none have come close, not even close, to that price.

But it's all about choices.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 4:44 pm

It's not nutty if it's what you want and can afford. I like Club lounges, I really do, but that price is just insane. When we upgraded to the CL at the Ritz Kapalua the food offerings were great, and we DID spend a lot of time there. The CL at the Sheraton Maui was not so great - it wasn't even really a CL, it was food and drinks set out in a sort of lounge with people walking by (but over at those 3 OV buildings set off from the rest of the resort). The food sucked. Didn't change much. I recall steamed Asian buns almost every night. So I've had mixed experiences in Maui. And both times the upcharge was about $100 per night (several years ago) but $800 just sounds way too high to me, even factoring in time and inflation.

Now is this for that Omenoo place or just for the Napua tower?

I'd ask a lot of questions - what hours, what is included, etc. etc. before shelling that out.

And lots of people take advantage - sorry for my knee jerk reaction, if it sounds like something you'd enjoy then go for it. I'd be getting a burger and Mai Tais at the pool, tacos from the Taco truck, and thinking "yikes, so my upcharge is really $900 a night now since I'm not going to the lounge". But we all have our priorities, I like my time at the pool/beach.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 5:50 pm

Loving ground level room by the pool with 2 young kids. I texted thru the app we had 2 young kids coming and they left them gift bags with balloons and 2 stuffed animals each.
kirkwoodj and Eujeanie like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 8:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
To add to my comments up thread and general experiences…

1. $50 daily credit was added as one lump sum at the end of our five night stay. It seems that’s a manual process as it was the last item on the bill.

2. First time valet user and I was impressed. It is still a rip off - but it was very efficient.

3. Overall, we had a great time but really struggled with the mismatch between a “luxury” hotel (far from it) and a family resort (which it was).

4. We also thought the food and drink expensive. $10 for a can of beer and $26 for three deep fried shrimp in the Humu restaurant as an appetiser. So we used the Island Gourmet market a fair amount.

We enjoyed our time there - it really is a dose of paradise and five nights was enough.

I’m sending this from upcountry AirBnB and sitting with a cold beer in a sunny garden with lovely views 😄.
kirkwoodj and atojbk like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.