Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: WN A-list, Hyatt Glob, HH DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by gaobest
so awesome - I love the jump rope so much :-)
did you get to enjoy the adult pool?
Adult pool is great. Not very crowded. None of the pools was too crowded for that matter.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 7:46 pm

Hello Planning stay in late April, what are diamond benefits? Thanks
Old Mar 14, 2021, 5:35 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by indifly
Hello Planning stay in late April, what are diamond benefits? Thanks
A little reading back through the thread would be beneficial. Breakfast benefit is $20pp, per day food credit. Upgrades are fairly common, occasionally into the Napua Tower, but don't go in expecting the Napua Tower. Not sure when you are going, but Easter is in April, a peak season time, and capacity is currently limited to 50% by Covid protocols.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
A little reading back through the thread would be beneficial. Breakfast benefit is $20pp, per day food credit. Upgrades are fairly common, occasionally into the Napua Tower, but don't go in expecting the Napua Tower. Not sure when you are going, but Easter is in April, a peak season time, and capacity is currently limited to 50% by Covid protocols.
thank you, we looking at late April
Old Mar 20, 2021, 4:05 pm

is it just me or has award availability decreased substantially? Can't find 95k point redemptions, mainly 294k now per night which is crazy
Old Mar 20, 2021, 4:15 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Boringbarry
is it just me or has award availability decreased substantially? Can't find 95k point redemptions, mainly 294k now per night which is crazy
I was able to book 5 nights in February 2022 without any trouble. I suspect this place will be quite popular for a while post-covid.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL.HH,IHG,

Check in 3/19 for 9 nights,5 on points and 4 on Free Weekend nights.Upgraded to Wailea tower on 8th floor,deluxe ocean view king. Breakfast for Diamond is $20 pp in Kula or Molokini bistro. Parking $45/ 65.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jarka
Check in 3/19 for 9 nights,5 on points and 4 on Free Weekend nights.Upgraded to Wailea tower on 8th floor,deluxe ocean view king. Breakfast for Diamond is $20 pp in Kula or Molokini bistro. Parking $45/ 65.
Just curious how difficult it was to get 9 straight days of standard award availability. I'm guessing a lot of checking and booking individual nights at a time?
Old Mar 22, 2021, 12:34 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by araknis
Just curious how difficult it was to get 9 straight days of standard award availability. I'm guessing a lot of checking and booking individual nights at a time?
When do you want to go? I see availability for 9 days in September and January.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 12:48 am

Programs: DL.HH,IHG,
Originally Posted by araknis
Diamond desk was really helpful with reservation. I did make it everything at once last July.Used my 2 free nights and my husbands 2 free nights plus 380 000 points. I think is good redemption. Property is huge and now probably 50%. Chapel and Lagune wings are closed. Lots families with kids.
araknis likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 5:26 pm

wanting to use 4x free night certs here near the end of april for our 10 year anniversary. think it'll be possible to get an upgrade as a credit card diamond?
Old Mar 22, 2021, 5:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by alany611
wanting to use 4x free night certs here near the end of april for our 10 year anniversary. think it'll be possible to get an upgrade as a credit card diamond?
Are they the type of certificates that need to be used for Standard Award Availability (95K)? If so, I don't see any for April at all.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by alany611
Doesn't matter if you are a credit card Diamond or a butt in beds Diamond. You will likely get upgraded a couple of levels, if they aren't too full.

As mentioned many times in this thread, upgrades to the Napua Tower are expressly forbidden by the T&Cs, but they still occasionally happen. However, in the Covid era, Hawaii is limiting occupancies to 50%, and thus the Napua is usually pretty full, and the lower level wings are closed to balance the capacity to the higher cost rooms. So that limits the upgrade dynamic a little.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Are they the type of certificates that need to be used for Standard Award Availability (95K)? If so, I don't see any for April at all.
you're right, just found that out myself. RIP
Old Mar 22, 2021, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
When do you want to go? I see availability for 9 days in September and January.
I was basing my comment on the dates the poster mentioned. 9 days in late March is basically Spring Break (ie. peak occupancy period). I've been looking for the same dates since last Dec. and never saw more than 5 nights together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.