Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2021, 12:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold - cheapass economy flyer!
We have 6 straight nights in august, will probably just use five. There was a period of decent availability, then it was gone but I’ve still seen occasional 95k availability.

i’m guessing as they can expand percentage occupancy, they’ll open up some more rooms at 95k. But when? And will they? Who knows
Old Mar 26, 2021, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by alany611
you're right, just found that out myself. RIP
There have occasionally been nights in late April that pop up. I myself just got an alert for 4/25-4/26 a couple days ago and booked a free night.

Use the website openhotelalert.com It is truly amazing, they'll send an email and/or text as soon as they find availability for the room type and day(s) you specify. I'm always the first to get a notification and therefore book.

If you have the points, you can book with points right away and then call to get the points swapped to a cert whenever you want to.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 4:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold - cheapass economy flyer!
Originally Posted by jameswes
If you have the points, you can book with points right away and then call to get the points swapped to a cert whenever you want to.
Is this correct? I thought that if there weren't availability in their system, they wouldn't let you swap.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 4:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by UsernameChuck
Is this correct? I thought that if there weren't availability in their system, they wouldn't let you swap.
That is my understanding also.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by UsernameChuck
We have 6 straight nights in august, will probably just use five. There was a period of decent availability, then it was gone but I’ve still seen occasional 95k availability.

i’m guessing as they can expand percentage occupancy, they’ll open up some more rooms at 95k. But when? And will they? Who knows
Where are you seeing they can go above 50% occupancy? Or are you speculating? I don't see it for a while, as they are having an uptick in cases right now. The Governor has been resisting any acknowledgement of vaccinations to ease testing requirements for as long as possible.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 7:47 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Me three.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 10:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I haven't actually done it, but that's what the customer service person said when I called about it when there was space earlier. I'm almost always at Hyatt, and Hyatt does let you do that so I didn't think anything of it.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 1:37 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Been keeping tabs on standard room availability for May since early January and not even 1 night has opened up. Pain in the butt, because it really is a good CPP/FNA use.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
Been keeping tabs on standard room availability for May since early January and not even 1 night has opened up. Pain in the butt, because it really is a good CPP/FNA use.
free night awards also require standard award availability
Old Mar 31, 2021, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes
There have occasionally been nights in late April that pop up. I myself just got an alert for 4/25-4/26 a couple days ago and booked a free night.

Use the website openhotelalert.com It is truly amazing, they'll send an email and/or text as soon as they find availability for the room type and day(s) you specify. I'm always the first to get a notification and therefore book.

Interesting, how does that work with award availability? I just took a look and it only shows paid rates
Old Mar 31, 2021, 3:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by alany611
Interesting, how does that work with award availability? I just took a look and it only shows paid rates
Did you check the box that you wanted to pay with points?
Old Apr 1, 2021, 10:02 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Diamond benefits when booking with Costco

We’ve had luck getting free breakfast and upgrades at HHV as a Diamond member when booking through CostcoTravel, but they’ve said that it isn’t guaranteed. Is this pretty much the same at the GW?
Old Apr 1, 2021, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by weezl
We’ve had luck getting free breakfast and upgrades at HHV as a Diamond member when booking through CostcoTravel, but they’ve said that it isn’t guaranteed. Is this pretty much the same at the GW?
If you read through the thread Diamond upgrades are pretty common....just don't expect to get upgraded to the Napua Tower,, because that is expressly forbidden in the T&Cs. It does happen occasionally, but don't expect it.

Diamond breakfast is a food credit. Doesn't matter if you book thru Costco.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 2:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Doesn't matter if you book thru Costco.
Are you certain? My understanding is that you don't receive elite benefits, or earn points, for 3rd party bookings. I know it to be the case with Expedia but I have no experience with Costco and Hilton.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by vtgambler
Are you certain? My understanding is that you don't receive elite benefits, or earn points, for 3rd party bookings. I know it to be the case with Expedia but I have no experience with Costco and Hilton.
Costco is an approved 3rd party vendor. Has been that way for several years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.