Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Orlando {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Stay coming later this week (2 rooms 5 nights on points), got a paid upgrade offer of a Deluxe 2 bedroom suite with a middle room with a sitting and dining area, for an upcharge of $100 per night (not $100 per room per night.) Interesting in that it doesn't seem to be a configuration sold on Hilton.com (unless it is the Chairman's suite, which i doubt.) It would suit my needs quite well. I think given occupancy/school holidays the best I can reasonably expect from a Diamond upgrade is golf/Disney view, so i am inclined to do it. Funny they touched my price point perfectly- at $150 per night i would have passed.

Last edited by pauleeepaul; Feb 18, 2019 at 12:03 pm
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:43 am

Does anyone know if they can charge Disney admissions tickets to the room?

Reason I ask is on using the Amex $250 resort credit on the Hilton Amex card X 2 (wife and I) + the latest 100 off 500 WA/C resorts amex offer. Essentially thats $300 for $1000 in resort credit/spend. I would be using the free weekend nights too.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Don't know the answer to the specific question but did want to point out that the WA (and the Hilton next door) announced in the past few days that they are now a designated Good Neighbor Hotel with Disney. That may, or may not, have a bearing on the answer to your question. Perhaps a call direct to the hotel would be in order.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:09 pm

There is an official Disney gift shop in the area between the WA and BC Hilton. I inquired if park tickets could be charged to the room and the answer was no.
jalves likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:29 pm
jtr

Programs: AC E50K, HH Diamond
Enjoyed a lovely weekend stay here this month. Was in a room with a view of the pool area and was able to watch the fireworks at Disney which was great!

Service was fantastic -- staff were extremely helpful during our stay, especially on a few questions we had for dining off property in the area. We were welcomed with champagne in the lobby upon arrival and received two drink vouchers for lobby bar. Free continental breakfast with upgrade to full buffet offered at $15/pp. Pool area was great for family, kids, drinks, etc.

I would highly recommend a visit to this property!
jalves likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Just finished up a long weekend here.

We accepted a paid upgrade to a Disney View suite and enjoyed the room immensely. The pool was never busy and the property, as a whole, was very quiet. Housekeeping and turndown service were excellent. The shuttle to/from the Disney parks is via motor coach and is incredibly useful. The service at the golf course was exceptional. We enjoyed accessing the Bonnet Creek pool as it is better suited for kids (lazy river, water slide, etc.).

As previous posters have stated, continental breakfast is complementary and features pastries, cheeses, cold meats, etc. Upgrading to the full buffet is $15/person. We also received two drink vouchers.

There were some minor service hiccups that didn't impact our stay in any major way, but were issues we didn't expect at a WA...

1. From receiving our room keys to receiving our bags from the bell service was a full hour.
2. Upon check-out, bags that didn't belong to us were presented as we loaded our vehicle, and the luggage cart was missing one of our bags. Check your items before departing!
3. We were charged $15 per day for accessing "premium internet" despite being Diamond members. We're still waiting for this charge to be reversed.
4. The restaurant schedule given to us at check-in stated the pool bar/restaurant would be open until 8:00PM. We found the pool bar closed at 5:30PM due to "low demand", despite there being 40-50 people swimming.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
self park to avoid bellhops?

[QUOTE=aww3583;31211032]Just finished up a long weekend here.....
There were some minor service hiccups that didn't impact our stay in any major way, but were issues we didn't expect at a WA...
1. From receiving our room keys to receiving our bags from the bell service was a full hour.
2. Upon check-out, bags that didn't belong to us were presented as we loaded our vehicle, and the luggage cart was missing one of our bags. Check your items before departing! ....
Does anyone know if there is a self-park option to avoid this bellhop keystone cops scenario? We can do our own roll-ons. In 2017, someone on this thread mentioned the self-park garage between the two buildings (waldorf and Hilton) but I was wondering if things have changed. I imagine we can fend off the bellhops if we tell them we opted to park out near I-4 and crawl in with our own baggage through Orlando's July-steam-heat. <grin>
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:14 am

[QUOTE=sallyerd;31214557]
Originally Posted by aww3583
Just finished up a long weekend here.....
2. Upon check-out, bags that didn't belong to us were presented as we loaded our vehicle, and the luggage cart was missing one of our bags. Check your items before departing! ....
Does anyone know if there is a self-park option to avoid this bellhop keystone cops scenario? We can do our own roll-ons. In 2017, someone on this thread mentioned the self-park garage between the two buildings (waldorf and Hilton) but I was wondering if things have changed. I imagine we can fend off the bellhops if we tell them we opted to park out near I-4 and crawl in with our own baggage through Orlando's July-steam-heat. <grin>
There is no simple self-park option. There is a parking deck between the WA and the Hilton Bonnet Creek, but it requires a room key for entrance/exit. The deck is physically connected to the Hilton, but not to the WA. Not sure how your WA key would work in the Hilton garage.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:08 pm

Anybody else had experience with a similar Email?

[QUOTE=aww3583;31214611]
Originally Posted by sallyerd

There is no simple self-park option. There is a parking deck between the WA and the Hilton Bonnet Creek, but it requires a room key for entrance/exit. The deck is physically connected to the Hilton, but not to the WA. Not sure how your WA key would work in the Hilton garage.
Ahh-haaa.... thank you for your post because now I understand why there is no self-park option on the WA website. I will be staying in the next few weeks and will report back about a interesting upgrade opportunity Email letter I just received from the WA.

Queer, mysterious little Email. They appear to be offering me a guaranteed suite upgrade but do not specify for how much or how I secure the opportunity. The Email is signed by a member of the Bonnet Creek Waldorf Astoria "Suite Attache."

Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:23 pm

Refer to my post of Feb 18. They sent a schematic rendering of the suite i could review before accepting. Would do it again in a heartbeat.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 4:14 pm

[QUOTE=sallyerd;31223319]

Ahh-haaa.... thank you for your post because now I understand why there is no self-park option on the WA website. I will be staying in the next few weeks and will report back about a interesting upgrade opportunity Email letter I just received from the WA.

Queer, mysterious little Email. They appear to be offering me a guaranteed suite upgrade but do not specify for how much or how I secure the opportunity. The Email is signed by a member of the Bonnet Creek Waldorf Astoria "Suite Attache."

This is how we secured our upgrade.

We’d booked a 1K room with a sofa bed and were traveling with little kids. We’d hoped for a sympathy upgrade. When the email came, I called the number and jumped at the chance for a guaranteed, albeit paid, upgrade.

We were staying on points and the upgrade attaché guaranteed the paid upgrade would not affect the points stay in terms of incurring a resort fee.

In essence, we moved from a 1K standard room to a 1K Disney View Suite for about $100/night. With two little kids, it was WELL worth it.

In fact, during the stay, we had a minor issue that was immediately resolved by calling the upgrade attaché. She answered the phone on the first ring and our issue was resolved in minutes.

I wish more high end properties would have programs like this. Extra revenue for them and more guaranteed (and slightly discounted) upgrades for us.
jalves likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:55 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Reports - 6/19 to 6/22

Location: The hotel is located in Bonnet Creek. It's a development with the WA, a Hilton and nearby a large Wyndham Complex. This area is on the Disney grounds near the Caribbean Beach Resort. Because of its location near Disney there is Disney transportation that will come and pick you up and take you to the parks. MCO meanwhile is about 25 minutes away with no traffic and an Uber costs about $28.

Hotel: The hotel is really lovely. It has a large lobby which has a big bar with an incredible liquor selection (lots of top shelf whiskeys if you're like me and you like that stuff). Also on the Lobby level are a couple of high end boutiques. On the Ground Level is the pool, spa, a steakhouse and a bistro where breakfast is served. There's also a large number of event and meeting rooms. The hotel is connected to the Hilton through these rooms in fact. Also, if the WA pool isn't enough for you, guests are allowed to use the Hilton pool which has a lazy river and some water slides.

Check In: I arrived around 10:30 AM and was not only able to get into my room but I was told I was upgraded to a king golf view suite which was really welcome news. I was offered a corner suite with Disney view for another $100 a night but I passed on that

Room: The decor was a little dated but it's still a really good room. There was a dining table and kitchen area with microwave, fridge, Nespresso machine and sink, a pull out couch with large TV, bedroom with another TV and desk area and a really large bathroom with tub and separate shower. There was also a small balcony overlooking the golf course. I really liked my room.

Dining/Other: Breakfast for Diamonds is cold items with bagels, cold cuts, cheese, cereal, doughnuts, good pastries, yogurt and fruit. The upcharge to the full breakfast which includes omelets is $15. I went to the bar a few times and service there was great though prices are high (Bulliet Rye is $19 for example). I tried to get a late checkout but the latest they could give me was Noon which was a little disappointing but that's the only bad thing I have to say. Every other request I made was granted quickly and the staff were incredibly helpful.

It's a pricey hotel obviously (I was paying about $330 a night) but I like the luxury and the location and the staff. I'd gladly be back.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:04 pm

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Thanks for this report. I'm local but have stayed at this property several times in conjunction with a special celebration (anniversary/birthday) night that typically includes dinner at Bull & Bear and lots of adult beverages.

A couple of nit-picky comments though:
Originally Posted by CMK10
Stay Reports - 6/19 to 6/22
Location: The hotel is located in Bonnet Creek. It's a development with the WA, a Hilton and nearby a large Wyndham Complex. This area is on the Disney grounds near the Caribbean Beach Resort. Because of its location near Disney there is Disney transportation that will come and pick you up and take you to the parks..
The development is not actually on Disney grounds. Yes, it is near the Caribbean Beach Resort, but this section of land was never acquired by Disney.

Also "Disney transportation" isn't provided by Disney. Its done by the resorts themselves.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 4:42 am

Trip report - Diamond stay in late June 2019. I ignored the email the hotel sent me to pay for a upgrade at my own peril. Day prior, the online check-in showed a upgrade to deluxe room facing disney views from my standard room. However, upon arrival, after exiting the elevator, I found myself in a standard room on the opposite side of the corridor. I was also assigned a room with connecting door and therefore received a complimentary "wake-up call" from little kiddies on the other side yammering at 6am to go see Mickey.

Mea Culpa. I ignored their shakedown letter for a upgrade fee and at the reception desk and I did not ask to avoid connecting doors. DUH.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 3:28 am

I've stayed at this hotel quite a bit over the years, with a few stays in the last year. In the last 18 months I've noticed a serious downgrade in the overall level of service provided. Housekeeping is hit or miss, some days not showing up at all, while others they just miss turndown service. When they do come, the level of detail is all over the map. The valet has been outsourced to a third party company and bellmen are nearly impossible to find. How the Four Seasons, two miles away and about the same size, can manage a much smaller porte-cochère infinitely better is truly beyond me. Even the Hilton Bonnet Creek, which sees 3x the traffic as the Waldorf, is better at what they do. These last two trips, I've had to wait up to 45 minutes for valet to bring my car around. It's truly staggering.

Check in service is always lovely, often with a nice upgrade, and the Peacock Alley bar never disappoints.

Rooms are fine, but starting to show some age + wear and tear. The showers are VERY slippery and the shower head is atrocious.

Food is fine, particularly Bull & Bear and Oscar's for breakfast. Room service is adequate but the late night menu is truly embarrassing.

For getting to the parks, a shuttle is offered but shared with the Hilton which makes it tedious at best. Uber/Lyft are your best bets to all parks except Magic Kingdom, for which Disney's own Minnie Van service would be the best, albeit priciest, option.
For Orlando the hotel is still a winner, but pales in comparison to the Four Seasons down the street.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.